We stayed at this hotel in early August because we were planning to visit Hershey Park and Gettysburg and it was awesome! The location was right in between the two and the accomodations were great. This was by far the best Hampton Inn we have ever stayed in. Because we are a family of 5 we stayed in a suite, which was very spacious. It was much better than having to pay for 2 rooms. The decor of the hotel was modern and very inviting. The staff was great and there was always a little snack in the lobby when we returned from our day out and about. Some days they even had a small dinner buffet out for the guests.....it was great!
The only complaint I have about the hotel is that they have an ash tray on every table in the pool area. It's hard to enjoy your swim with your family when people are smoking cigarette after cigarette. Other than that I would recommend this hotel to everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whatever brings you to Harrisburg, PA, you’ll get a warm welcome, comfortable accommodation and a whole range of amenities for a great rate at the Hampton Inn® Harrisburg – West/ Mechanicsburg hotel. . Located right off the PA Turnpike, I-76, just 16 minutes from the state capital, Harrisburg, PA, this hotel puts you in easy reach of local shopping, businesses and dining. Only a 25 minute drive from the rollercoasters at Hersheypark and Hershey's Chocolate World, and 15 minutes from the slopes of Ski Roundtop, there’s plenty to keep everyone happy at this Mechanicsburg hotel. Settle in to your comfy guest room and relax with the kids in front of your HDTV while enjoying some snack from the Sweet Shop. We have complementary DVD players at the front desk, so bring along one of your favorite movies. Surf the web with free high-speed WiFi and catch up on some work at the desk. Set up your laptop on the handy lap desk and work while stretched out on the clean and fresh Hampton bed®. The in-room microwave and refrigerator means it is no trouble to fix a snack whenever you’re feeling hungry. If you’re here with the family, or just looking for a little bit of extra space, then step-up to one of our Suites which feature a plush sofa bed. Start every morning in style at this hotel near Ski Roundtop when you sit down to Hampton’s free hot breakfast buffet and waffle bar. Don’t worry if you are in a rush to get going, just grab one of our free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags, available Monday to Friday, and a drink from our 24-hour coffee and tea bar. After a busy day, tie up any loose ends in the business center or head to the cardio fitness center for a head clearing workout. In the summer, make the most of the warm weather and swim some laps in the seasonal outdoor pool. If you are looking for a venue for your Harrisburg meeting or celebration then this hotel offers a range of flexible event space for up to 80 people. Let our friendly, professional team help make sure that your event runs without a hitch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn by Hilton Harrisburg West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Harrisburg West Hotel Mechanicsburg
- Hampton Inn Mechanicsburg
- Mechanicsburg Hampton Inn