“Could have been great”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
pittsburgh
“Could have been great”
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

I apologize for any upcoming spelling or grammar issues, still figuring this mobile app out. I am currently staying at this property. I like many choice brand properties for their value and many being quite nice. I am a platinum member with them, and truly never expect or want to be treated more special than others. I hate people like that. I have stayed at many comforts before in the area but this was my first time here. I checked in with a nice older lady, i believe her name was theresa? I always request top floor for quietness and through fault of my own forgot that the top floor had smoking rooms with some non rooms. I opened 409 and quickly went down to ask to switch before anything was touched. The older lady was great and moved me to 311. I found this property to be very well maintained, furnished, comfortable, and updates for an older property. I went around 9 pm to shower to find the drain clogged. This is no big deal, but did want to switch rooms or have it taken care of as a good shower is important and standing in water is not fun. I go down to a new lady at front desk, named heidi. I mention the issue, and this is where i question if ill be back. She asks me how long i been in the room. I tell her six hours. She says thats a problem. I ask why. She says because i have already switches rooms and that i cant keep doing so. The first room was a vacant clean as i never touched a thing and should not even count. I really am not a pain but she had an attitude with me. She said she doesnt want to switch because king rooms sell fast. I went online at 930 to see availability and found plenty of king rooms open with it not saying only two rooms left for example. I said to her i can do two beds if need be. She told me all she can do is come up and fix it for me. She had drain opener, and came up to the room, but did not use the chemical properly and my clogged drain was only slightly better. She was not the happiest. I showered in the slow draining tub and wont bring it up again because she wasnt really trying to help in tye first place. Its a shame. The harrisburg motel market is competitive, and with me having flawless stays at the new cumberland, allentown boulevard, and hummelstown comfort franchises, will most likely end up there from now on.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
ComfortInn C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg - South, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
do apologize and thank you for taking to the to time in letting us know about the problems that occurred during your stay here at our hotel. I will make sure that problems that you experienced will not happen again. From time to time, things can happen and we like to make sure that our staff take sure of most situations and if they cannot, they are trained properly on how to. Again thank you for taking time for the information and we hope to see you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We checked in here for a 1 night stay in route from PA to Va in October 2013. Desk clerk was pleasant but when we checked into our 4th floor room, the smell of stale smoke was horrible, even though it was a non-smoking room. The longer we stayed, the worse it got, so we went down to the desk and complained. The desk clerk informed us that there were a "few" smoking rooms on the ends of the 4th floor. The whole floor reeked of smoke and we noticed it the minute we got off the elevator. He was very accommodating and moved us to the 2nd floor, which was totally fine..no smoke smell at all. Bed was comfortable and the room was very nice and clean. My only other complaint was that the remote control did not work very well and the TV was sub-par. Stay here but ask for a lower floor.

Room Tip: Request 1st or 2nd floor room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
ComfortInn C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg - South, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time in letting us know any issues during your stay. We try to meet any and all guest requests but once in a while a situation like this will pop up. And I think we are one of the few hotels in the area that have a couple of smoking rooms left and yes they are on the 4th floor. We have made a few changes to that floor since your stay and coming from me, an ex-smoker, the 4th floor smells a lot better since I started here in mid April. Again I thank you and I hope to see you again in the future. Rick
Terre Haute, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed here on our way to the Jersey Shore in late August. Paid a total of 107.00 for the room. The hotel is dated. It is in desperate need of an upgrade and remodel. When walking in the front there are benches and chairs for people to sit in. There were 7 or 8 men sitting around eating drinking beer and talking. It was very very uncomfortable walking in between everyone. If I was alone I would have cared less but my wife and daughter were extremely uncomfortable with the situation. I did mention this to the manager "Rick" and he said he was considering rfemoving the chairs. That would be a good idea. I stay at comfort inns almost weekly on business trips. You really never know what you are going to get but in this case its average and the price is to high for the quality of the establishment. On an upside the staff was nice.

Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this Comfort Inn while we were at the Corvettes at Carlisle. The room was clean and kept nice. We had a mini suite so it was roomy enough. The only thing that could've been improved was where the TV was located. There should be another one that could be seen from the bed. The breakfast that was included was very good!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Lancaster, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We visit once a year to visit with my son and his family. This was our first, AND LAST, time staying at this hotel! We arrived and went to check in and found the attendants to be abrupt and rude. We then went to our room to find the air conditioner not working. Because the cover to the air conditioner was half off my husband went to put it on properly when he discovered the 2 filters were so black and loaded with debris that we assumed this was the reason for it not working. He removed the filters and took them to the tub to wash them which resulted in a black tub which we then had to clean. Alas, our air conditioner worked fine from that point on.
We did not find the people friendly, helpful or courteous.
I agree with impalacon that there is no comfortable place to sit in our room.
During our last 2 days there we had NO maid service. When inquiring why we had no clean towels or trash emptied; the clerk told us that we had the "do not disturb" sign on the door. This is true; however, it had been removed at 9am. It had been put on the door because the previous day they knocked on our door at 8:30am and we were not quite ready to be out of the room that early. We emptied our own trash and had to go to the front desk to get clean towels.
This was our first experience with a hotel that was that incompetent!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Rhoadesville, VA
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed 4 nights during Corvettes at Carlisle. Naturally we paid more than normal because of the car event. This property is older but well maintained. The only complaint I might have is that there was really no comfortable place to sit in our 2 queen room. There was a small table with two chairs. We would definitely stay at this property again.

Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Good stay, we had a non-smoking room on the 4th floor, the had the stale smell of smoke each time you enter in the room, Only if you run the AC could you keep the air clear. (noticed someone else has the some issue, in a recent post) But would stay here again, just make sure my room was what it should be.. (but I could have seen if they would move us, but my bad, I didn't do that; so I stay where I stayed).
Staff was very nice. The guy doing breakfast was very attentive to his job, keeping everything nice and neat.
We stay for two night, overall the hotel was great. Our bed was comfortable, room was clean. fresh towels, very good breakfast. AC was cold, the shower had great water pressure, only thing we couldn't get our shower to adjust to a normal shower setting, it stayed massage setting all the time. Felt good if you back way sore..
We would stay here again,if visiting the area.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a non- nonsmoking room, The 4th floor much be the smoking room.. Don't take a...