“Nice but could be much nicer with a few improvements” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg - South

Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg - South
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice but could be much nicer with a few improvements”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Location is good. Facility is nice. However, housekeeping needs improvement. Coffee maker had not been cleaned when we checked in and was not cleaned any day during our 3 night stay. Coffee and cups were not replenished. Front desk clerk was apologetic when made aware but nothing more.

Guests attending the nearby car shows in Carlisle will be disappointed that breakfast is not available until 7:00 a.m. on the weekends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rick S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg - South, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
I'm concerned about the issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.
Please accept my sincere apology.
I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here for a quick overnight as we were passing through the area. I did choose the express choice option at Priceline.com and ended up with this hotel. We were very happy with this Comfort Inn. It is well off the road, so allows for a restful night's sleep. Every employee that we had conact with was very nice. The room and beds were comfortable and there was plenty to eat for breakfast. The gentleman who was the breakfast attendant was very good at keeping times stocked and the area well kept. We paid $57 including all taxes and fees on Priceline and we felt it was a great hotel, especially for the cost. We would stay again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. On behalf of my staff and myself we thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future. Our breakfast person is one of a kind and knows how to treat our guests well and I will pass on the kudos to my staff.

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Have stayed at this place twice as we are having a house built in the area nearby. Rick is the GM he is a great person! Looking forward to more stays. The hotel is older but very clean and they have a very good morning breakfast is outstanding, coffee is hot. I am a member of Choice Hotels and have to say this place is a good one. it's nearby good restaurants of Rt 15 including places to walk that are good eats. The area is quite not a lot of traffic so easy to get a good nights sleep also in and out off the main hwy.The rooms are very clean beds are comfortable with good TV, showers with good pressure. The staff is very friendly with anything you need. A great place to stay for a couple of nights passing thru. Overall a great place worth it!! Highly recommend.

Room Tip: This place is tucked back off the main drag you can walk around to anything close to eat or drive on...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rick S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg - South, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
I is always good to here that a guests has enjoyed their stay, but to know that it is a person that has stayed here before and we were able to meet the same level of service both stays. Hopefully the next time you stay with us, we are able to repeat the service again.
Thank you again for the kind words and Good Luck with your house.
Manville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We choice the express deal on Priceline for $40 a night and didn't know this would be our hotel until we paid. I was iffy once I found out it was a Comfort Inn but let me tell you, we couldn't ask for more. The room is a good size, the AC works well and the bed is SO comfortable. The woman who checked us in was pleasant and helpful and there's a fridge and a microwave in the room for no extra cost. A full breakfast is included as well. We were very pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rick S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg - South, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post such positive feedback! I will share your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Rick Schrecongost
Comfort Inn Capital City
717-458-1200
York Haven, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel about 5 times due to Inclement weather near my employer. Everything was great. Breakfast was great. Room was nice and clean, no odors or issues! Recommend to anyone that needs a place to stay around the Harrisburg Area!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rick S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg - South, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words on your recent stays with us. Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes
that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services
we provide.

Rick
pittsburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

I apologize for any upcoming spelling or grammar issues, still figuring this mobile app out. I am currently staying at this property. I like many choice brand properties for their value and many being quite nice. I am a platinum member with them, and truly never expect or want to be treated more special than others. I hate people like that. I have stayed at many comforts before in the area but this was my first time here. I checked in with a nice older lady, i believe her name was theresa? I always request top floor for quietness and through fault of my own forgot that the top floor had smoking rooms with some non rooms. I opened 409 and quickly went down to ask to switch before anything was touched. The older lady was great and moved me to 311. I found this property to be very well maintained, furnished, comfortable, and updates for an older property. I went around 9 pm to shower to find the drain clogged. This is no big deal, but did want to switch rooms or have it taken care of as a good shower is important and standing in water is not fun. I go down to a new lady at front desk, named heidi. I mention the issue, and this is where i question if ill be back. She asks me how long i been in the room. I tell her six hours. She says thats a problem. I ask why. She says because i have already switches rooms and that i cant keep doing so. The first room was a vacant clean as i never touched a thing and should not even count. I really am not a pain but she had an attitude with me. She said she doesnt want to switch because king rooms sell fast. I went online at 930 to see availability and found plenty of king rooms open with it not saying only two rooms left for example. I said to her i can do two beds if need be. She told me all she can do is come up and fix it for me. She had drain opener, and came up to the room, but did not use the chemical properly and my clogged drain was only slightly better. She was not the happiest. I showered in the slow draining tub and wont bring it up again because she wasnt really trying to help in tye first place. Its a shame. The harrisburg motel market is competitive, and with me having flawless stays at the new cumberland, allentown boulevard, and hummelstown comfort franchises, will most likely end up there from now on.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
ComfortInn C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg - South, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
do apologize and thank you for taking to the to time in letting us know about the problems that occurred during your stay here at our hotel. I will make sure that problems that you experienced will not happen again. From time to time, things can happen and we like to make sure that our staff take sure of most situations and if they cannot, they are trained properly on how to. Again thank you for taking time for the information and we hope to see you in the future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We checked in here for a 1 night stay in route from PA to Va in October 2013. Desk clerk was pleasant but when we checked into our 4th floor room, the smell of stale smoke was horrible, even though it was a non-smoking room. The longer we stayed, the worse it got, so we went down to the desk and complained. The desk clerk informed us that there were a "few" smoking rooms on the ends of the 4th floor. The whole floor reeked of smoke and we noticed it the minute we got off the elevator. He was very accommodating and moved us to the 2nd floor, which was totally fine..no smoke smell at all. Bed was comfortable and the room was very nice and clean. My only other complaint was that the remote control did not work very well and the TV was sub-par. Stay here but ask for a lower floor.

Room Tip: Request 1st or 2nd floor room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ComfortInn C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg - South, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time in letting us know any issues during your stay. We try to meet any and all guest requests but once in a while a situation like this will pop up. And I think we are one of the few hotels in the area that have a couple of smoking rooms left and yes they are on the 4th floor. We have made a few changes to that floor since your stay and coming from me, an ex-smoker, the 4th floor smells a lot better since I started here in mid April. Again I thank you and I hope to see you again in the future. Rick