“Terrible customer service!!”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Waterford, Pennsylvania
“Terrible customer service!!”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Two of my friends and I recently visited this hotel and got nothing but dirty looks from all the staff except for one front desk woman. The day we checked in the front desk woman gave us a hard time, and even had to swipe our card to make sure we had enough on it for our stay. As soon as we got to our room, we thought it looked very nice for the price we were paying, even with a coupon, until we realized the 3 dirty wash clothes left on our shower curtain and the one left on our tv stand. Not only that but one of the days we had left, with the tv off, and came back to it on a golf channel. None of us even watch golf and nothing was cleaned (trash wan't emptied, towels weren't taken). Overall if you're looking for friendliness this is not the place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I attempted to stay at this hotel. The lobby appeared clean and was quiet. I went into our room and was imediately bothered by several dark, black handprints on the walls. There were also handprints all over the headboards of the bed. I noticed that it looked like there wasn't a mattress cover on the bed, so I looked under the sheet. No mattress cover. No pillow covers either. I called the front desk to request a room change. The second room was almost as bad. Dirty smears covered the walls and a large greenish black stain was on the curtains. The rugs were FILTHY. I was actually shocked to hear that this is a new hotel. After seeing the state of the second room, I checked out. We didn't even stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Central PA
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel for two nights while attending a conference at the Farm Show complex. The location was easy to find, though there weren't many restaurants nearby. The hotel seems fairly new. The rooms were very nice. Our room included a very comfy king size bed with a nice choice of firm or soft pillows that were labeled. We also had a pull-out sofa, microwave and mini-fridge. The breakfast each morning included hot items such as eggs and a meat as well as the traditional cold cereal, muffins and fruit. The rooms were very quiet. We found out later in our stay that there was a large group of high-schoolers staying in rooms around us, yet we never heard them. We will definitely look into staying here again for next year's conference.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank crlacey80
Bloomfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I had been slightly nervous based on the mixed reviews so I reached out to the hotel property via their Facebook page and received some reassurance from one of the employees that everything was in order. They are in the finishing stages of a renovation/expansion but there was no evidence of a construction project (noise, smells, debris) so I think it is mostly done.

Our room was basic but spacious enough and had everything you would expect in an Express brand property. The breakfast was sufficient and everything was stocked and fresh. I saw no evidence of bugs or any of the other things other people complained about, and the few people we interacted with were friendly and professional.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ShiftyNJ
Castalia, Ohio
Reviewed 10 April 2011

AKA holinday inn express
STAY AWAY_ POOR SERVICE_POOR MANAGEMENT BUGS
Rewards night Holiday Inn would not reimburse.Attempted to stay in 4 different rooms, DIRTY ROOMS-BUGS DEAD AND ALIVE. Wound up staying at nearby Spinghill Suites SPOTLESS ROOM.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Lahaska, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 March 2011

Overall very nice place to stay. Very low price for rooms, staff attentive to guesta and nice continental breakfast in the morning. Great place to stay just off the turnpike.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank seventhsister
Virginia Beach
Reviewed 6 December 2010

This is a fairly new hotel. The hotel was very nice and the staff was very friendly. The rooms were large with a microwave and a mini fridge. The bathroom was rather small but fairly normal for a hotel. The room and bathroom appeared to be nice and clean. The room had a LCD TV, 26 inch I think. My only (minor) complaint here was no sleep mode on the remote. I liked the H/AC unit with a digital thermostat even though it was a tad noisy. The bed was comfy and the room was quiet. A little off the highway so no traffic noise and I didn't hear anybody in the other rooms or hallway. So far a 5 star rating. If I happen to see a bug in the room I figure things like that can happen. I killed the first stink bug I saw, then the next morning I saw two more. Since I was leaving that morning so I notified the front desk. She said they have been working with an exterminator to solve the problem but they keep coming back. I feel the hotel is trying to solve the problem an it isn't a cleanliness issue, but I can't do better than 3 stars with that being an issue. I put down that I would recommend to a friend, but I would explain the issue I had and hopefully they will solve the problem.

The indoor pool seemed nice, and the fitness room was a little larger than the normal hotel with maybe an extra treadmill or two. They have a parking garage but it appeared to be just for the handicapped. I parked outside. The breakfast a little above average for a free breakfast. Sausage, eggs, pastries, cereal, toast, fruit, and waffles. A second minor complaint was the orange juice seemed watered down. Maybe it was just an off-brand. But the breakfast room was a good size, plenty of tables, and clean.

I also used the high speed internet. It worked great.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo