“More than met expectations”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Spacious, clean, comfortable room. I thought "express" would mean the bare minimum, but the room included a refrigerator and microwave and the sleeping area was separated from the sitting area by a partial opaque glass wall, a nice touch. Front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. Hotel is convenient to I-81 and easily accessible, much appreciated after a 400-mile drive. Attractive lobby and entrance area. I enjoyed my 2-night stay.

Room Tip: I requested a quiet room away from elevators and vending.
1  Thank Nancy C

Reviewed 21 August 2011

Clean and neat room - Hoiliday Inn Express-style furnishings and decor so nothing exciting but somehow reassuring in a way; can choose to park under the hotel in a well-lit garage (with elevator) or out in lot surrounding the facility - garage parking would be especially handy in the rain or snow; desk staff was very friendly and helpful and seemed to enjoy their jobs; breakfast was predictable but plentiful with hot food hot and cold food kept cold; added and unexpected bonus was the view out our window-in the morning we enjoyed watching two beavers in the yard nextdoor as the emerged from their pond to nibble downed apples and play in the grassy yard;

Reviewed 21 August 2011

I made the reservation online and when I arrived they had all the necessary documentation and key cards ready to go. I signed the statement that I would abide my the non-smoking and no-pets policy (which was great because I hate cigarette smoke and am very allergic to dogs), showed them my credit card, and was in my room within 5 minutes. The room was very nice with two queen beds that were very comfortable. The bathroom was in excellent condition and extremely clean.

The next morning my son and I had breakfast of bacon, eggs, and milk. We got up early and everything was fresh and well prepared. I also saw a variety of cereals, pancakes, and breakfast pasteries. I was quite pleased with how well everything tasted. We were on a schedule so we didn't try the fitness room or the indoor pool. I would stay and this hotel again if my travels took me this way.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

Much nicer than an average Holiday Inn Express, and certainly than the equally-priced Days Inn which canceled our reservation at the last minute, the Holiday Inn Express ended up being a great find. The hot breakfast was probably the best complimentary hotel meal I've had, and the rooms were comfortable and nicely appointed. The decor throughout was attractive. The pool was small but very warm. The location was fairly convenient for Harrisburg and I would recommend this hotel for anyone- family or business traveler- needing accommodations in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2011

It is rare that EVERYONE loves the food in one party. My husband, son, and I all had different appetizers and entrees, and we loved all of the food! The sirloin steak is huge, and cuts like butter. You have a choice of so many delectable sauces for the steak to choose from. We love the Caesar's Salad and the soups. There has never been room for dessert! We have been to this restaurant every time we visit Savannah, and it never disappoints!

Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stopped here on our way from North Carolina. It was a relatively new property. The check in was easy, and we found the room to be well cared for and quite roomy. The bathroom was large and clean. The breakfast area was well stocked, and there was a wide selection to choose from. The ladies working in the area made certain that everything was well taken care of.
The desk clerk suggested a great restaurant called Hoss's. The food there was excellent. It had a bountiful buffet and lovely steaks as well.
We wouldn't hesitate to stop here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
HolidayGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2011

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We enjoyed having you here. Please come and see us again in the future.

Danielle Hedden

Reviewed 3 August 2011

Holiday Inn Express should never have put their name to this hotel. We tried several rooms and they all had a musty smell - the windows do not open and the air conditioning fan only came on when the thermostat was set below 70, so the fan only ran intermittently and thus the room never gets aired properly. The pull-out bed was ancient, as were the other furnishings, and there weren't enough lamps to light the room properly, leave aside the dull and tired color scheme.
We left as soon as we woke in the morning - skipped the breakfast so cannot comment on the food.
And this was not cheap or easy to find.
The local Best Western which we visited to get directions was more helpful and seemed in much better condition.
If you have a choice do not stay at this Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mechanicsburg
Hampton Inn by Hilton Harrisburg West
3 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West
Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East
Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West

Address: 2055 Technology Pkwy, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050-9403 (Formerly Comfort Suites Mechanicsburg)
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Mechanicsburg
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Business Hotel in Mechanicsburg
#3 Romantic Hotel in Mechanicsburg
#4 Family Hotel in Mechanicsburg
Price Range: £69 - £119 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express And Suites - Harrisburg West