“Great New Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Ottawa, Ontario
“Great New Hotel”
Reviewed 20 November 2011

One night stay at this fairly new property. Great size room with comfortable bed. Super clean hotel and great service from staff. Just off I-81 so easy for travellers. We would book it again if in the Harrisburg area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Nicole S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
We are always very happy when a guest lets us know about the wonderful service they have received. I will ensure the staff knows what a great job they have done and also ensure they are recognized for their efforts.

Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to our area.

Nicole Scheaffer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chambersburg, PA
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We've stayed at a lot of Holiday Inn's and this one is definitely exceptional! Friendly staff, super clean rooms, great price for the value, and easy to find! We will be back if need be! We only stayed one night until we got to our final destination, but it was great!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Macungie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 September 2011

After leaving an unaceptable room at the Holiday Inn Express East, we were greeted warmly & courteously by the desk staff who set us up with a beautiful mini-suite. Holding a platinum Priority Points card & staying around 50 nights a year in Holiday Inn properties, this location was added to my favorite hotel list & we will surely stay here again when in the Harrisburg area. Location is near I 81 & only 7 miles from Harrisburg. Breakfast was sufficient and changed each of the 5 mornings we ate there & was ready by 6:00 am, including weekend. Choice of 2 to 3 different newspapers each morning, including Saturday & Sunday mornings, outside of breakfast area..

Room Tip: Upper rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Nicole S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 26 September 2011
Thank you so much for sharing with us! I am so thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to your return visit!

Nicole Scheaffer
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Spacious, clean, comfortable room. I thought "express" would mean the bare minimum, but the room included a refrigerator and microwave and the sleeping area was separated from the sitting area by a partial opaque glass wall, a nice touch. Front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. Hotel is convenient to I-81 and easily accessible, much appreciated after a 400-mile drive. Attractive lobby and entrance area. I enjoyed my 2-night stay.

Room Tip: I requested a quiet room away from elevators and vending.
1 Thank Nancy C
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Clean and neat room - Hoiliday Inn Express-style furnishings and decor so nothing exciting but somehow reassuring in a way; can choose to park under the hotel in a well-lit garage (with elevator) or out in lot surrounding the facility - garage parking would be especially handy in the rain or snow; desk staff was very friendly and helpful and seemed to enjoy their jobs; breakfast was predictable but plentiful with hot food hot and cold food kept cold; added and unexpected bonus was the view out our window-in the morning we enjoyed watching two beavers in the yard nextdoor as the emerged from their pond to nibble downed apples and play in the grassy yard;

Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I made the reservation online and when I arrived they had all the necessary documentation and key cards ready to go. I signed the statement that I would abide my the non-smoking and no-pets policy (which was great because I hate cigarette smoke and am very allergic to dogs), showed them my credit card, and was in my room within 5 minutes. The room was very nice with two queen beds that were very comfortable. The bathroom was in excellent condition and extremely clean.

The next morning my son and I had breakfast of bacon, eggs, and milk. We got up early and everything was fresh and well prepared. I also saw a variety of cereals, pancakes, and breakfast pasteries. I was quite pleased with how well everything tasted. We were on a schedule so we didn't try the fitness room or the indoor pool. I would stay and this hotel again if my travels took me this way.

Haverford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Much nicer than an average Holiday Inn Express, and certainly than the equally-priced Days Inn which canceled our reservation at the last minute, the Holiday Inn Express ended up being a great find. The hot breakfast was probably the best complimentary hotel meal I've had, and the rooms were comfortable and nicely appointed. The decor throughout was attractive. The pool was small but very warm. The location was fairly convenient for Harrisburg and I would recommend this hotel for anyone- family or business traveler- needing accommodations in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business