“GREAT FOR WEARY TRAVELERS”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Scotia, New York
“GREAT FOR WEARY TRAVELERS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

The desk clerk at this hotel must have thought I was nuts! After two incidents at two previous hotels on this trip, I had a few questions before taking a room. I asked if there was water in the hotel, if there was hot water for a shower and if there was a refrigerator in the room! I then told him one hotel we were in had no water due to a main break, and the next hotel had no hot water in the tub and no refrigerator in the room. This kind man asked if there was anything else I would like and I said I would like to be on the same floor with an ice machine because I had to go up a floor last night to get ice! He gave us a beautiful suite with a refrigerator, a microwave, extra towels in the bathroom (a plus!) and just down the hall from the ice machine all for a reduced rate with a coupon from Travel Coupons.com! I did not get his name, but I wish I did because he was kind, considerate, friendly and certainly deserves kuddo's from management! This is a great place to rest just off I81 and I would recommend it highly!

Room Tip: Stop at the Welcome Center or Rest Area on I81 and pick up a Travel Coupons.com book, then just tell...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Andrew T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the very kind review. I can say with certainty that the desk staff did not think you were nuts for asking a few very reasonable questions. I am happy the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West was able to provide you with an amazing room and a restful stay. I have passed your kind comments on to our desk staff and we hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

My father and I went to the Great American Outdoor Show at the PA Farm Show Complex and wanted to spend the night so we could enjoy two days at the show. Many of the closer hotels were already booked so we looked a little further and found this gem! It's no more than a 10 minute drive and well worth it! The front desk staff was great and the rooms were great as well. Room was very clean, no weird smells and nicely decorated. The complimentary breakfast in the lobby the next morning was an extra perk! I was surprised to see the variety they carried! They had biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, yogurt, pastries, cinnamon buns, toast, juices, coffee, tea, oatmeal! I'll definitely stay here again when I go to the show next year!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the excellent review. I'm glad you and your father were able to enjoy a couple days at the Great American Outdoor Show, I have heard numerous positive comments about this years event. As you mentioned, our location is very convenient for anyone looking for lodging within a few minutes drive of the PA Farm Show Complex. I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed our extensive complimentary breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again next year.
Middleburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Two of this hotels staff recognized me the moment I walked into the lobby. I've always enjoyed this hotels amenities, but tonight when Roshon and Frank greeted me by name made this trip! Thank you for doing something like customer service so well!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Andrew T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the excellent review and kind comments about our front desk staff. They get very excited when they read that they were able to make a positive and lasting impression with a guest. We hope to see you again soon.
Champlain, Quebec
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stay here every year on my drive down to the office and I have never been disappointed here. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the front desk is always helpful and friendly. Breakfast area is big and well maintained for guests. I will keep staying here on my drive down to the office every year.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review and for making the Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Harrisburg West your hotel of choice during your yearly trip. Our staff take great pride in their work and we look forward to making your next stay with us even better.
Bunker Hill, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

This was a wonderful experience, very convenient to interstate 81, room was extremely clean and spacious. The excercise room was very neat and equipment looked brand new with little or no use. Lobby, halls and public restrooms were clean and sanitized. The staff was friendly and appeared to enjoy doing their job, two people that stood out in my mind were Roshan and Frank. They continued to ask me if everything was okay and if I needed anything please let them know. Needless to say my stay was excellent!

Room Tip: I was in room 329 and it was nice and quiet!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Andrew T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a fantastic review of the hotel and staff. Our staff take great pride in their work and it is always rewarding to read that their efforts are recognized and appreciated. I am very happy that you had such a wonderful experience and I would like to thank you again for allowing the Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Harrisburg West to treat you like a "King for a Day".
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

The room was clean and although small, the kids really enjoyed the pool. The heaters in the rooms kick on and off and are very noisy, which woke my parents constantly. The staff was nice except the breakfast person, who seemed constantly annoyed with the guests... Although, in their defense, watching people devour hoards of free food and having to clean up the mess is probably a less-than-desirable job.

Stayed January 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Night staff at check in are Top Notch best at what they do. I cannot stand the fact the HVAC systems are old & outdated they either don't heat or cool don't stay on or Extremely loud. The rooms are nice but I have issues when the fridge is loud or ligt bulbs are burned out & bathroom floor is stickey. They do offer breakfast but I tend not to eat it but coffee is decent.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank istrainer1
Dear Guest,

Thank you for submitting a review for the Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Harrisburg West.
Our Night Staff were thrilled to see the service they provided was "TOP Notch". Our goal is to provide each and every guest the absolute best service and comfort possible, so please let us know immediately if something needs to be addressed so we can make it right. We strive to earn every guests loyalty and return business but can only do so if the guest leaves happy.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mechanicsburg
BEST WESTERN PLUS Harrisburg Mechanicsburg
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
Hampton Inn by Hilton Harrisburg West
Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area
Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg
Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West? Share your experiences!