Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Loved this hotel, it was fairly new and but typical of a Holiday Inn Express, The breakfast was limited as a Holiday Inn would display, but it wasn't bad.
The room was clean and I really had no problem to speak of. I would recommend this hotel, however, there are no close by restaurants. Find the hotel, then find where you want to eat then go back to the hotel.

Room Tip: Find a restaurant before you venture to this hotel, then go to the hotel and call it a night.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

We have stayed at this hotel 2 times which is only a block away from the West Shore surgery center and 281. The hotel and room was very clean and all of the staff have been very pleasant during both stays.

Daniela prepares a very nice breakfast in the morning that is complimentary and she is very sweet and accommodating.

All of the staff provide a very warm and friendly atmosphere to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

Room Tip: There were 4 adults so we stayed in the suite that had 2 queen beds in one area and a 1 king bed in...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

This hotel has a very friendly staff, helpful, good breakfast, good clean rooms, very good beds with different pillows, and good shower. Garage for your car. Good business room with printer and two computers.

Room Tip: it's just near the 81 highway, exit 61.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Scotia, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

The desk clerk at this hotel must have thought I was nuts! After two incidents at two previous hotels on this trip, I had a few questions before taking a room. I asked if there was water in the hotel, if there was hot water for a shower and if there was a refrigerator in the room! I then told him one hotel we were in had no water due to a main break, and the next hotel had no hot water in the tub and no refrigerator in the room. This kind man asked if there was anything else I would like and I said I would like to be on the same floor with an ice machine because I had to go up a floor last night to get ice! He gave us a beautiful suite with a refrigerator, a microwave, extra towels in the bathroom (a plus!) and just down the hall from the ice machine all for a reduced rate with a coupon from Travel Coupons.com! I did not get his name, but I wish I did because he was kind, considerate, friendly and certainly deserves kuddo's from management! This is a great place to rest just off I81 and I would recommend it highly!

Room Tip: Stop at the Welcome Center or Rest Area on I81 and pick up a Travel Coupons.com book, then just tell...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andrew T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the very kind review. I can say with certainty that the desk staff did not think you were nuts for asking a few very reasonable questions. I am happy the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West was able to provide you with an amazing room and a restful stay. I have passed your kind comments on to our desk staff and we hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

My father and I went to the Great American Outdoor Show at the PA Farm Show Complex and wanted to spend the night so we could enjoy two days at the show. Many of the closer hotels were already booked so we looked a little further and found this gem! It's no more than a 10 minute drive and well worth it! The front desk staff was great and the rooms were great as well. Room was very clean, no weird smells and nicely decorated. The complimentary breakfast in the lobby the next morning was an extra perk! I was surprised to see the variety they carried! They had biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, yogurt, pastries, cinnamon buns, toast, juices, coffee, tea, oatmeal! I'll definitely stay here again when I go to the show next year!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the excellent review. I'm glad you and your father were able to enjoy a couple days at the Great American Outdoor Show, I have heard numerous positive comments about this years event. As you mentioned, our location is very convenient for anyone looking for lodging within a few minutes drive of the PA Farm Show Complex. I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed our extensive complimentary breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again next year.
Middleburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Two of this hotels staff recognized me the moment I walked into the lobby. I've always enjoyed this hotels amenities, but tonight when Roshon and Frank greeted me by name made this trip! Thank you for doing something like customer service so well!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Andrew T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the excellent review and kind comments about our front desk staff. They get very excited when they read that they were able to make a positive and lasting impression with a guest. We hope to see you again soon.
Champlain, Quebec
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stay here every year on my drive down to the office and I have never been disappointed here. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the front desk is always helpful and friendly. Breakfast area is big and well maintained for guests. I will keep staying here on my drive down to the office every year.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review and for making the Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Harrisburg West your hotel of choice during your yearly trip. Our staff take great pride in their work and we look forward to making your next stay with us even better.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mechanicsburg
Hampton Inn by Hilton Harrisburg West
BEST WESTERN PLUS Harrisburg Mechanicsburg
Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area
Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West
Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West? Share your experiences!