“Clean and Comfortable Stay”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed here for four nights in June during a business trip and was glad to find govt. rate and no pets on site. Room was large and comfortable with a sofa, desk, king sized bed, fridge, microwave and large flat screen TV. Breakfast was good, especially the cinnamon rolls and bacon. Hotel staff were very attentive, offering recommendations for dinner, and plates/utensils when we brought our dinner in one evening and ate in the breakfast area. Bathroom was a bit on the small side, but fine. I'll definitely stay here again if I return to the area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Rose M

Reviewed 3 August 2014

While visiting friends in the Carlisle area we were unimpressed with the hotel/motel choices near the town so broadened our search and found this Holiday Inn Express closer to Harrisburg. The grounds are neatly kept and the hotel room was clean and comfortable. Their breakfast was a bit better than average but their room price was a bit higher than average.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 23 July 2014

During recent travels we had the chance to stay at this Holiday Inn Express just outside Harrisburg, PA. We were traveling back to upstate New York after a family reunion in Florida. I guess we had hoped for more from our stay. Things seemed adequate, but that's about it. The room was okay, but warn. The carpet wasn't clean, the bed mattress was on the hard side, etc. The breakfast in the morning was busy, which is okay, but the food choices were limited, or not available, as they were having some troubles with things like the pancake maker. The juice, especially the apple juice was watered down. Managed a bowl of Quaker oatmeal, an orange juice and coffee. In the end it was all okay, but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay there again. Their are better places in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ge0iii
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear ge0iii,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

As isbreakfast nstant theme in my reviews I am very temperature sensitive. Strike 1, the common areas were hot. The lobby, the breakfast area, the hallways. All hot. I walk into my room, and the AC was not on so it was hot. Luckily I was just dropping off my bags, freshening up, and going to dinner so I turned on the AC and headed out.

Got back 4 hours later, and it was cooler, but still a bit sad considering I set it on 60. The room didn't get truly cool until about 3 in the morning.

Overall, though, the room were nicely decorated and comfortable. Basic toiletries. Basic furniture. One gripe, the electrical outlets in the lamp were useless for my phone charger because the lamp bulges out taking up too much space. Kind of annoying. Then the other plug in the outlet didn't work so I had to plug the alarm clock and my C-PAP into the lamp and leave my phone charging on the desk across the room.

The mattress was rather stiff and old. The pillows were great. They had soft and firm marked. One firm was good.

The AC unit's fan had a rather loud rattle, which was annoying. Luckily it was constant so it basically became white noise and didn't disrupt my sleep. If it had been random I would have been calling the front desk.

The breakfast was pretty good. Sausage, biscuits, eggs, breads, fruit, yogurt, cereal, juice, coffee. Fresh, clean, and well kept.

Overall, a nice property, but they just need to make sure that their guests don't walk from hot outside to hot inside. That's annoying. Also, don't forget about the small stuff.

We only stayed here because the Courtyard was booked, and this stay didn't change my mind on that.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Benny231
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Benny231,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret the issues you had surrounding our cooling system. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will address these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We were driving south and needed a place to stay overnight on our trip. We decided just to find something when we got tired and this is where we ended up. The service was great. The man at the desk helped us get a great rate when we went in and our room was comfortable and clean. We had free wifi and breakfast was included. I was pleasantly surprised by all the food options at breakfast - pancakes, eggs, bacon, yogourt and cereal and cinnamon buns, to name a few things that I had to choose from. Definitely would stay at a Holiday Inn Express next time I'm on the road and need a place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KathMB
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel gets extremely high marks in everything from sleeping quality to service. The spacious, comfortable and inviting rooms were completely quiet, clean and well appointed, and the staff was extremely efficient and professional. Breakfast was a real high point, as the offerings were both varied and well prepared, and Daniela, the staff employee whom we met there, was without doubt the most considerate and helpful server I can ever remember encountering at a hotel breakfast buffet. She simply couldn't do enough for you, and even asked if anyone had any special requests for items that were not displayed. In short, we were very impressed with both the management and service ethic exhibited here.

The only down side was the indoor pool. It was so small that doing laps, or any real swimming, was out of the question. It appeared to be less than half the size of the average hotel pool, just about the size of a small kiddie pool. However, the exercise room, and the other hotel amenities, including the business center, were fine. So, if you are not interested in swimming, don't hesitate to stay there--you will get a great night's sleep and a wonderful service experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank queentut1
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Enjoyable stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Excellent service and clean rooms.
We left a pair of glasses behind and they followed up with us and sent them by Priority Mail back to our home. That is service, many thanks!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EnjoyingLife
Andrew T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear EnjoyingLife,

Thank you for the excellent review of our hotel. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that your lost pair of glasses made it back to you safely. Outstanding guest service is what sets the Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Harrisburg West apart from the competition. We hope to see you again soon.