“BEWARE - Filthy, Expensive, Computer viruses” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Palm Coast, Florida
“BEWARE - Filthy, Expensive, Computer viruses”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

My God, what a filthy place. I had to spread newspaper all over the furniture to sit down on. And the bathroom was so disgusting, fortunately, I had flipflops I could wear in the shower and walking across the carpet.

And the rate was $70+ a night!!!! - Outrageous.

And the icing on the cake... I attempted to use their WIFI which was spotty and kept breaking down. But while I was using it, I kept getting popups. and when I left, I found they had installed popups on my computer "Lucky Leap" is the name of the virus You'll have to go into control panel to uninstall it. - And who know what other viruses they installed that I haven't discovered yet.

My advice to you:
First: Even if this is the last hotel with a vacancy - DO NOT STAY HERE... Sleep in your car.
Second: If you do stay here, do not use their internet unless you enjoy getting annoying popup ads for the rest of your life.

I sincerely wish there was a way to give a negative rating - I am being generous by giving them a single star.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank peter w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Wanted to find a couple of rooms for our family for our visit in Lancaster and Econo Lodge worked out just fine. We had a color TV, free WiFi, and a continental breakfast (didn't try). The rooms were spare, but big enough and very clean. I asked for adjoining rooms and the place was very accommodating. It was conveniently just off the highway, but we had no problem with noise. Would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Western Pa.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

While the location and pricing were positives, most everything else was lacking. When I arrived my first impression was not a good one. The place looked "worn" from the outside. The room while clean, except for the dead bug in the microwave, smelled musty/smokey. As it sits very near the interstate, it was also noisy. The continental breakfast was very sparse. I actually chose to buy breakfast elsewhere. This would be a great place for traveling workers looking for an easily accessible, reasonably priced, no frills motel to rest for the night.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Manns Harbor, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

We chose the motel for the location and because the other chains in the area seemed overly expensive for a one night travel-stay and the latest reviews for this motel were good. It was a wonderful room, clean, we parked at the door, there was new carpet and paint, and the grounds were very well kept. It was a bargain! No, it is not a new Comfort Inn or something, but it is HALF the price of the ones in the area and just about as good. I would happily stay again!
On the down side, the breakfast is meager, but again, it's half the price. But there is plenty of coffee. And the internet worked very well.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Had my grand daughters wedding last weekend and made last minute reservations thru Hotwire. Hotel was affordable and only going to be used to sleep. Rest of the families stayed in High dollar hotel half mile away.

Place was clean people nice but wish they had waffles for breakfast but bagels were good

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

This is a local hotel to the town I live in. I've needed to stay here several times due to power outages, and/or no hot water at my house. The front desk staff is always very friendly. This is not a 5 star hotel so do not expect that. However, it is a clean, comfortable hotel. It has a good location for Carlisle Car Show visitors, as well as not to far from Harrisburg and Hershey if your plans take you that way. I'm a very picky person and I am always comfortable in all ways when I stay here.

Room Tip: King, queen and doubles are offered here. Haven't had any problem with any room, no problem wit...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank lather66
California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

We arrived here for Business late one night, First of all the road into the place is Very Hard to find. We had to drive across a Road Closed flooded out road. Got to the Hotel and Front Desk people were standing AT THE FRONT DOOR Smoking.
We got a room in the rear of the building. It is Very Dark back there. Seems to be no security lights. We were so tired and just wanted to go to sleep. Walked into the room and there were 2 little (tiny) pillows on a Queen Size bed. then we realized there was No Blanket on the bed. Just three mattress pads. two sheets and a decorative cover spread. Ashtray in a non-Smoking room and smelled like smoke. Breakfast starts at 7am. Most people like us are long gone down the road by that time. We just hit the road in the morning and made a note to avoid the place next time.

Room Tip: There have been No upgrades or changes to this place in Years that we could see.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business