“Somewhat Lacking”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Sebastian, Florida
“Somewhat Lacking”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I don't expect a lot from this chain other than a clean room and decent bedding. Our room here was clean and the bedding was very comfortable. But it was lacking in what is the norm in even most Econo Lodges. There was no hair dryer in our room. It did have newer carpet and drapes, but the bed was lacking a blanket. It only had sheets and a comforter. When I check into any room the first thing I do is pull the comforter from the bed, which I couldn't do here. I had to use it to cover up as it was cool. The room had a small refrigerator and no microwave. The TV was small and older. It worked OK, but most chains are now offering flat screen TV's. This was an OK place for one night, but I wouldn't want to stay any longer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
economech, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hi,
Thank you very much for taking time to submit the review. I wish you brought our attention about blanket. Since the weather is changing most of our guests do not prefer blankets on the bed so we keep them in the drawer for there convience. I would like to let you know that we have recently remodeled 70% of our rooms with brand new furniture, carpet,microwaves/fridges and flat screen TVs which are above the Econolodge standards. We will finish up remeaining 30% of rooms in near future. GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The Hotel and staff were extremely pleasing to our needs.
The room was extremely clean, had all the amenities TV, Refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer. Would go back in a heart beat. The grounds were very clean. The people friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side are hidden from traffic
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you so much for your good words for our property. It really helps us to feel proud of what we do here. We always try to provide the best for our guests. General Manager
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Pro:
Staff helpful with no language barrier, king bed was quite soft (which I found comfortable), room was clean, good value (basic quoted price was $60 during non-busy time). Convenient to I-15. Nice office chair for desk. Walk out ground floor rooms, bathroom has window.

Con:
door sealed poorly, allowing in noise and air. location by I-15 was noisy. Cramped bathroom. Bed was squeaking.

Note: I didn't use the TV, fridge or microwave or broadband, so I can't comment on them, but appliances seemed modern. .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hello,
I would like to thank you for staying here with us and providing positive comments. I am glad you have enjoyed our brand new furniture,fresh/new carpet,new drapes/pictures along with new flat screen TV. I hope you can join us again in summer to enjoy our outdoor pool along with new landscaping.
Meshoppen, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband & I have been staying at this location for at least a year for business. They understand we work at night and need a late check out. Very nice to deal with. The location is great to where we need to work then come back to relax & sleep.

• Stayed March 2014
Hi,

I would like to thank you for staying us. We have enjoyed you staying here with us as well. We always try to treat our guests with great respect and friendly manners. Hopefully, we can have privilege to accomodate you in future. General Manager
Martinsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This hotel was very hard to get to. You could see it from the four lane road beside it, but you had to go further down the road and get off and turn onto a dead end street. We finally got there after several tries.
It was quiet there and the beds were OK.
The rooms needed updated and cleaned more thoroughly. I had to clean several long hairs off the sink before using it. It seemed almost like someone used it after it was cleaned.
The breakfast left a lot to be desired. I thought that Choice Hotels served a better breakfast.
I was glad to be staying for only one night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Judy G
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My God, what a filthy place. I had to spread newspaper all over the furniture to sit down on. And the bathroom was so disgusting, fortunately, I had flipflops I could wear in the shower and walking across the carpet.

And the rate was $70+ a night!!!! - Outrageous.

And the icing on the cake... I attempted to use their WIFI which was spotty and kept breaking down. But while I was using it, I kept getting popups. and when I left, I found they had installed popups on my computer "Lucky Leap" is the name of the virus You'll have to go into control panel to uninstall it. - And who know what other viruses they installed that I haven't discovered yet.

My advice to you:
First: Even if this is the last hotel with a vacancy - DO NOT STAY HERE... Sleep in your car.
Second: If you do stay here, do not use their internet unless you enjoy getting annoying popup ads for the rest of your life.

I sincerely wish there was a way to give a negative rating - I am being generous by giving them a single star.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank peter w
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Wanted to find a couple of rooms for our family for our visit in Lancaster and Econo Lodge worked out just fine. We had a color TV, free WiFi, and a continental breakfast (didn't try). The rooms were spare, but big enough and very clean. I asked for adjoining rooms and the place was very accommodating. It was conveniently just off the highway, but we had no problem with noise. Would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family