Colonial Crossroads B&B
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Mechanicsburg
See available hotels
Econo Lodge(Mechanicsburg)
Rodeway Inn(Dillsburg)
View Hotel
All reviewslafayette roomgreat hostsmodern convenienceslovely old buildinga wonderful joba wonderful stayfrench toastfresh fruita king size bedflashbarbharrisburg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Spent two nights at Colonial Crossroads this past weekend. The house is immaculate and dating back to the late 1700s has so much history. Barb & Ed have done a great job on B&B and I can't say enough how being there is like being at a friend's home...including Flash their dog, who is an added bonus to your stay

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank umpdad
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We stayed one night at the Colonial Crossroads and were very pleased. We had the Lafayette room which was large and very comfortable. My husband and I also enjoyed the outdoor hot tub which was a nice way to relax at the end of the day. The breakfast was great and they have coffee, tea, and snacks out at other times. The decor is keeping with the wonderful history of the house.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne052111
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We spent the night here after traveling through central PA and we loved it. We were in awe at the building and furnishings, built in 1790 as a tavern and restored by Ed and his son; they didn't miss a single detail. We stayed in the Lafayette Room, which was cozy, beautifully decorated and had all the modern amenities. The food was delicious; from the homemade cake awaiting us when we arrived to the breakfast made with all homemade and local ingredients. Ed, Barbara and Flash were wonderful hosts too. Barbara (a former teacher & reading specialist) even took some time to teach us a few reading techniques we could use for our 1 y.o. son. We wish we could have stayed longer and will definitely go back next time we're in the area!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CRVega
Reviewed 7 November 2012

My son, husband and I visited early October for the car show, booking the York and Pennsylvania rooms, When we arrived we didn't know what to expect - it was our first B&B. We walked into fresh coffee cake, beverages and a brief but incredibly impressive tour. It was amazing, you could feel the history in a good vibe way.

Our rooms had a connecting door and It was nice to have the door open for more of a suite feel. Both rooms had wi-fi, fireplaces, flatscreen tv's and our ensuite bath had a jacuzzi/shower/tub while our son's private bathroom (equally nice), was directly across the hall.

The decor is like stepping back in time but with all the perks. We loved it. Even our son thought this place was cool, he only likes 5 star, deluxe. More than that, they are so welcoming you feel like family.

The juice, tea, yogurt granola, eggs and baked blueberry oatmeal were great. We didn't get to stay long since we had to get to the car show - if we come back this way, we are so coming back here. Give Flash a hug for me, what a doll.

This is our first B&B experience and we loved it. They set the bar so high, it's going to be hard to top.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank The1stPghChris
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I spent just one night here during an overnight visit to friends in the area. This is a lovely bed and breakfast. It is decorated in the colonial style, in keeping with the building's history. The common rooms and my room were immaculate, warm, cozy, and inviting. My room was large, with a fireplace and an ensuite bathroom containing a large whirlpool tub. The owners are friendly, but also respectful of privacy. Barb graciously accommodated my dietary needs at breakfast (her homemade granola and baked oatmeal are great!). I highly recommend the Colonial Crossroads, and I will certainly stay there again when I return to the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo