“A Place With A 'Bang'...”
Review of Bangkok Wok

Bangkok Wok
Ranked #15 of 192 Restaurants in Mechanicsburg
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: INCEPTION 1990 ...CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA MAGAZINE AWARD BEST THAI 22 YEARS .................HARRISBURG MAGAZINE AWARD SIMPLY THE BEST THAI 17 YEARS ...............PATRIOT NEWS AWARD BEST ASIAN CUISINE
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Do NOT let this restaurant's simple name--there are a million "Wok" joints--and its strip mall location fool you...this place is AMAZING.

It's not your typical sit-down Thai restaurant; the interior is rather enchanting and ambient with a very fancy yet relaxed layout. The table arrangements, service, food presentation...I was WOWED at everything. I had a luscious blue crab fried rice dish...outstanding. Come hungry, because portions are quite plentiful. The menus look like small books with pages and pages of various dishes. Specials are also listed, and picking a meal can be tricky--which is a good thing, especially for a place I want to return to at the soonest chance. I had NO complaints. The food alone gets an A in my book. Everything else brings my experience to an A+.

HIGHLY recommended, especially for dates, anniversaries, birthdays, or just to treat yourself and the ones you love.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

My wife had been begging me to try this place for awhile... She used to live in the area and now we have moved about an hour away. This type of food had never been a favorite of mine... Or so I thought after a few visits I am the one who begs my wife to go!! And she never says no... A favorite of ours is the shrimp pad Thai it is wonderful... My 6 year old calls it candy noodles because it is sweet in nature... We tried the sampler app this time as well... Everything was great especially the heavenly stuffed wing... Named appropriately..... All in all great service great food different atmosphere... This place never disappoints...

Reviewed 27 July 2013

The place is very scenic and comfortable.We were asked what amount of spice we wanted for each item ordered and that is what we received. The red curry was terrific, but there are so many entrees to choose from.. If you are only going there once, go with your personal favorites.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I wish I'd read other people's reviews before going, as that might have steered me toward the best dishes to order. But I chose to order the traditional Pad Thai (as well as peanut curry), for 2 reasons: I was introducing my parents to a dish they'd never tried, and I figure that you can really discern a Thai restaurant by how it prepares this iconic dish.

I've tried Pad Thai in many places — including Thailand, believe it or not — but I've never had it as plain as it was prepared here. Now, the flavor was actually quite nice. The entire serving was quite, quite large (easily feeds 3-4). And I'd say there were about 9 shrimp in it. But there was a bit too much oil in the noodles, and I'm used to Pad Thai containing egg, bean sprouts and green onions, as well as peanuts. In our order, I spied parts of one green onion and some peanuts, perhaps a teaspoon of scrambled egg, but nothing more. Mostly noodles. Lots of noodles. And oil. Just disappointing. . . .

Reviewed 6 May 2013

We first discovered Bangkok Wok at the Central PA Arts Festival in State College over a decade ago. We've been regulars since. I've had Thai dishes in NYC, London, DC, and many other cities but I always come back to Bangkok Wok. Great lunch specials. Order the combo which includes a spring roll and wonderful soup. My favorites for lunch are #4 and #8...a white pepper cabbage dish with seared scallops and a basil dish with chicken. Always outstanding. The family-run business is the best!

1  Thank garbakup