“This is a GREAT hotel.”

Country Inn and Suites Harrisburg West
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Reviewed 9 June 2011

We were there several years ago with a group from our church, and they were great, which is why we decided to rent rooms there when family came for my son's graduation. The customer service is wonderful! They had rooms rented for a week. We rented the conference room for his party. They brought in all the equipment we needed; a big screen TV and a DVD player. The owner came by personally several times to make sure that we had everything we needed. The front desk staff made signs for us to direct the guests. It was a great time. The owner is a local lady who has roots in the community and cares about your stay! She is always checking on the guests to make sure they are happy. Many of my guests took her card and said that they would rent a conference room again from her. This is definately a place that I would recommend for anyone. The conference room is next to the pool so it made for a great party. Thanks again to all the people who work there!! You made my son's party a great time!!
RoomsServiceLocationValueLiked: Disliked:

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
PAHARWES, Director of Sales at Country Inn and Suites Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you had a good time here with us! The GM/Owner said that she remembers you and your family because you were all very friendly and sweet people. We very much hope that you will come visit us again!

Reviewed 24 January 2011

Executive summary: a disaster of a hotel in dire need of new leadership/management.

Was here for a 2 week stay with Fed. This is an absolutely horribly managed hotel. So much so, that I don't know where to begin. This hotel is run by a Korean lady, named Sonny. Sonny is rarely around. Instead, Sonny leaves the entire hotel staffed by a single front desk person after 5pm. This person must answer phones, check in customers, fold laundry, fix problems with rooms without any help. Frequently, this low paid desk person has to leave her post to try to help a customer--for example, she came up to swap out my heavy refrigerator from the room next door (that's right, my refrigerator stopped working and all my food was lost). While she was doing that, no one is at the front desk to answer phones or handle check ins. Several times I've called the front desk, only to have no answer.

One night, I stood at the front desk waiting for help, waiting, waiting, while phones kept ringing, ringing, only to notice that the only person in the entire hotel, was folding towels in the back room.

I tried to print--printer busted--asked for help, no one was able to fix. If you are on business and need printing, good luck.

The "breakfast" is bare bones. Everything is bare bones.

Checked in on a Sunday at 3:30--check in is at 3pm. Despite only 5 cars in the parking lot, the desk person had trouble finding a room for my colleague. This was surprising, as the hotel seemed empty. When I inquired, I was told there was a busload of people coming that night. My question to her, was, what about the customer that's here right now and has a reservation? Bizzare priority system.

Room is warm, and there is no way to open a window, or get cool air (yes it was winter, but the room was stuffy and warm.

Sonny should be ashamed of herself. To put this young girls (desk help) in the position where they have to haul refrigerators, leave their post, etc. is just wrong. These girls want to do a good job, but are being exploited by a manager who wants to invest NOTHING in the hotel.

Terrible location, no restaurants within walking distance. Sheets on bed were rough, pilly--think old and overused.

There's more, but I think you get the idea.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Pitbull88

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry for you experience at this hotel. We would be willing to apologize with compensation, so please give us a call.

Reviewed 19 August 2010

This is the second time I've stayed at this Country Inn and Suites off of route 15. As expected, the hotel is clean and well kept. We only stayed one night, so I can't comment on if they would have refreshed towels and such. But the room was cleaned perfectly when we arrived on Saturday afternoon.

The staff was friendly upon check in and the room was ready for us. The fresh cookies at the front desk don't hurt, either. The hotel is right off of route 15, which makes for very easy access from the turnpike and getting around Harrisburg. I prefer this area of the city because it has good access to the major highways in Harrisburg. We had a room looking over the highway, but the noise wasn't noticeable. It's in an industrial park type of area with a few other hotels, a gas station, fast food and a diner.

We had a suite room and loved the living room and bedroom set up. Though we didn't spend much time in the room over one night, it is nice to splurge and have the extra space from time to time and while getting ready. There's also a fridge and a microwave.

Breakfast was very good. Juices, coffee, tea, etc as well as hot food (including make your own waffles), cereal, bagels and other items. We didn't feel crowded and there was plenty of room when we were there. Tables were cleaned quickly when guests left.

We didn't use the pool or fitness center, but looking at them they looked very nice. The fitness center is small, but we never saw anyone use it, so I'm not sure if it gets crowded. We did use the internet and that was a nice added feature.

I have been very happy with both stays at this hotel and will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SpreeBee

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your thorough review. We are very glad that you had a good stay with us last year, and we hope you will be back in the future!

Reviewed 22 June 2010

I was there on business and my stay was, for the most part, very enjoyable. The rooms were clean...pool. hot tub and exercise room were very clean and unoccupied most of the time which was great for me! Staff was very friendly and greeted you everytime you walked in the door. My only issue was that upon my arrival I noticed there was no HBO...they advertise FREE...so I was moved to another room that also had no HBO...I moved back to my original room and the front desk checked their tv in the breakfast room...no HBO...was told that the mgr would call the television provider and get it taken care of....that never happened....not that it is totally important but I have the impression and this is only opinion, that they do not have HBO at all at any time. I was there for five nights and I never heard any more about it.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank PBurbage

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. As for the HBO, we have since called Comcast and they told us that it was fixed. We found our a year later that they had not been giving us HBO at certain times, and now we have been cheated out of 7 months of HBO for our guests. We have since fixed the problem and are making sure that we always have HBO for our guests.

Reviewed 25 December 2009

arrived late one night on the way to NYC. staff was very professional and courteous. i can't say enough good things about this property. traveling with seniors is challenging enough but the people at this property made my job as a charter bus driver so much easier. they were very service oriented. everything worked as it should from check in to check out. will recommend this property to anyone from a solo to a group. very clean, professional and courteous.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank idriveyousafely

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. At that time, we had a great Sales Director and I know he took care of you well. We hope that you will come back in 2012.

Reviewed 31 December 2008

After reading somewhat nice ratings/reviews on this hotel on hotels.com, we made reservations at this hotel for one night. It was at a convenient location – being a couple exits away from the family we were visiting over the holidays, and hershey’s park. The hotel had a nice country feel to it with beautiful Christmas decorations. The rooms were somewhat nice – equipped with working refrigerator, microwave, coffee machine and hair dryer.

When we turned in around midnight, we were surprised to find that we were on the highway – hearing lots of cars whizzing by ALL NIGHT LONG! My husband pulled back the bed coverlet to find a huge stain on the back. The beds were uncomfortable, and we spent most of the night tossing and turning.

The next morning, we discovered the impeccably clean bathroom had low shower pressure – which is my pet peeve. We went downstairs to an over-crowded breakfast room, with an OK breakfast. They had eggs, potatoes, sausage, donuts, bread, cereal, yogurt, coffee, and juices. Probably the best item was the make-your-own waffle.

Finally, we checked out. The person on the front desk was a bit abrupt. She was unable to give us a receipt as we had booked online, and was not much of help answering questions.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank therovingeye

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Since this review has been posted, we have double pane windows in all the windows that are on the highway side, and everything has been soudproofed. We have not had any complaints of the noise since 2010 because we have fixed the windows in winter of 2010-2011.

Reviewed 22 June 2008

We usually stay at the Homewood Suites but being it was booked we decided to give Country Inns a try. When you walk in the door you face a pretty staircase over a fireplace with a reading area. Very warm and welcoming. The hotel itself is very clean. Always someone washing floors, wiping surfaces. Staff was friendly enough on check in. Indoor pool small but clean with whirpool. Price included a continental breakfast which was very good. You make your own Belguim waffles and there is eggs, bacon home fries and pastry. Coffee is available all day and they had have a manager's reception every night on Mon-Thurs, with food and drinks. Newapaper for free on the weekdays.

The rooms were clean and beds were comfortable and the suite itself was roomy for a family of 4. We had a suite but after about 5 minutes in the room we realized we were on the HIGHWAY. The manager said all the suites faced the highway and if we wanted a standard room, they faced the quiter side. Well thankfully I travel with a fan from home for white noise. VERY NOISY. Motorcycles and trucks ALL NIGHT. If you are a heavy sleeper, go for it. If not, the hotel itself does make up for the noise inconvenience if you can stand an interupted nights sleep. The refrigerator and the hair dryer were broken in the room. The hotel is about 20 minutes of highway driving to Hershey in the middle of nowhere, which we were just fine with. The only drawback of the ride to Hershey is the traffice we hit on both days, sometime to a stand still. All in all I would definetely go back if I wanted a standard room without the noise as the place itself is worth it.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Tfam91

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We have since installed double pane windows that sound proof the highway side. We have not had any complains since they were installed. We hope that you will come visit us in the future and see our improvements.