Received a phone call in the evening from someone calling the room phone stating he was the hotel manager and that he was very sorry but that there was a problem with billing; he was short staffed, the new front desk clerk had accidently deleted most of the guest reservations and that I would need to come down to the lobby and give my information again or he could help me out and take the information over the phone as the front desk was very busy. He also offered a 45% discount on the bill for my trouble. (!? 45%- that was a tip off right there something was not right) There was no way I was giving this guy any information- but I played along and asked what he needed he said my full name, address and credit card number, I asked if I could not do this in the morning he was adamant that I would have to come to the front desk tonight or I could do it over the phone; he told me he had called his district manager and that for insurance reasons it needed to be done tonight. I said ok maybe later I will come down, I asked where he was calling from and he said the front desk in the lobby but he had a southern accent- weird for the middle of PA. He was pretty pushy, I told him I was not giving him any credit card numbers over the phone and he kept the charade up until the end saying that's fine Mam' I understand but you will have to come to the lobby. I was thinking yea right- so I called the lobby and the girl who answered said that this had happened before and that there was no problem with billing or a manager in the lobby with her. If there is a history of this going on- people checking in should be told of this scam- I can imagine that many people would have bought this fraud and given out financial information.
Other than that the hotel was ok, no HBO, they did not make the bed or take out the garbage, the plumbing was noisy. But the staff were nice, the bed was comfortable, the room was clean. They had a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, iron & board, hairdryer, they had some toothpaste for me because I forgot mine. I did not really have any complaints- it was not luxury I was looking for, just a clean, safe place to sleep while I was away on business. I would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located between Hershey, Gettysburg & Carlisle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn and Suites Harrisburg West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Harrisburg-West Hotel Mechanicsburg
- Country Inn And Suites Harrisburg-West
- Country Inn Mechanicsburg
- Country Inn Harrisburg West
- Mechanicsburg Country Inn