“Wonderful Vacation !!”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg West, PA
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. One on the way to Niagara Falls and then we came back to do the Amish Country and stayed 3 more. This is a great hotel. Staff were super frendly. The room was excellent. We payed right at 98.00 a night which is on the high end for us being from North Carolina. But when you weigh the fact that we got a great breakfast(full) I mean eggs, sausage, waffles, ceral that makes the 98.00 softer since if we had of had ot purchase breakfast at a local we would have dropped 25-30 dollars. They had fresh cookies at the desk and fruit out for all. If I had to make any negative comment I will say this. Having been a firefighter for 15 years and involved in safety with my current job I did notice that the Elevator had not been inspected since 2011 and all of the fire extinguishers had not been inspected in since 2011 too If i remember right. I am not sure if this is a negative because I do not know the laws for the state of PA. But I know that in North Carolina these are inspected every year.

Over all I am pleased with this place. I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone. The pool and hottubs were great. When we were in Intercourse and Bird inHand we priced the Mom and Pop local hotels and they were much more expensive then the 98.00 we paid. So if you are doing the Amish this is a great place to stay. About a 30-40 minute drive to get to the main area of the Amish. Thanks for reading and never underestimate time that you can spend with family you never know when this would be your last trip together. GOd Bless.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

If your looking for a room with view on a golf course, this is not the place. Located right off the interstate but VERY quiet. Rooms were very clean, comfortable, and affordable. Hotel staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. We traveled with 5 month old and we were able to check in two hours early so we didn't have to feed him in the car. I am planning another trip to the area and we will be staying here again. There are few hotels I will go to more than once and this place is now one of them.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank John W
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here for a Bruno Mars concert at Hershey Stadium. 2 adults & 2 teens, 2 queen sized beds. Hotel was easy to find, not too far off of exit. Good parking, covered area at the front doors to unload luggage onto provided carts. Very nice front lobby, friendly & efficient staff (complimentary cookies at front desk!). Free Complimentary Breakfast, (eggs, sausage, yogurt bar, cereal, bagels, donuts, toast, oatmeal & waffle maker, coffee (w/ to go cups), juices & milk (room to the left of the lobby). Hotel room was very clean (no musty smell), comfortable beds, nice tv, internet was very easy to connect to, nice, larger than normal double sink bathroom, hair dryer provided (no exhaust fan). Refrigerator & microwave provided, iron & ironing board also provided. Room was very quiet even though hotel was busy, nice room darkening shades, a/c worked great & was not too loud, very easy to control. Outlet by the bed to charge phone, etc. Drive to Hershey was very easy. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor away from the elevator & stairs & it was very quiet. There is...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We selected this hotel for our group of 16 (8 adults and 8 kids) to vacation at Hershey Park and Gettysburg. Check in was easy and uneventful, we had 2 rooms on the 2nd floor and 2 rooms on the 3rd. All rooms were king bed with sofa bed. Rooms were spacious, included a fridge, microwave and coffee pot. I stopped at the desk to ask for a blanket for our sofa bed and my dad's room didnt have a remote for the tv so I requested that too (I guess my dad had already asked but it wasnt delivered when we all went out to dinner) I never received a blanket for our entire stay. Thankfully I brought the kids blankets with us. (the AC worked really well, it was cold in our room but it was hot out so we didnt want to turn mess with the temp too much)
The hot tub was broken, we were greeted with a notice upon arrival that they were waiting for a part to repair it. The pool was COLD! the kids didnt care, they had fun anyway. The pool area was no frills at all, a few chairs and towels were available. The pool deck was slippery, all the kids slipped and fell at least once. They also didnt clean the pool area often. The floor around the pool needed a good washing, and since the hot tub was empty we could see how much it needed to be updated.
Our room didnt get maid service on our second day because we didnt leave early enough. When we called the front desk for towels, we were told to come and get them because they were too busy to deliver them. Upon further investigation, we were informed that there was only one employee on duty for the night.
Breakfast was provided, typical hotel fare, cereal, bagels, donuts, waffle machine and a hot line that on the weekend had eggs, meat and either potatoes or soggy french toast, and during the week it was chipped beef, biscuits and potatoes. Coffee at all times was nice, though it was cold a few times.
My mom's coffee pot was never washed, she did it herself daily, even after my dad asked the housekeeper to make sure it was cleaned and to leave more coffee products.
Again, it was comfortable, got the job done for what we needed, and if we needed to, we might choose it again if nothing else were available.
Location was good for our needs as well, but the lot was small, and the hotel was full, so the later you returned, you may have to park on the grass.

Room Tip: we were in 314, which has the ice machine and soda machine right outside the door. Pepsi on the 3rd...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We checked in Friday July 4th.
They did not accept AAA discount. First time I've gone to a hotel that typically accepts AAA and didn't. We had clean towels the first night. There were no clean towels the next two days. We went to the desk..asked for towels. They said to check back with them. Later that night there were no clean towels. We asked for a blanket for one of the beds because it didn't have one. They didn't have a blanket for us. I went down for a breakfast around 10am. There was very little food left. The first night we checked on..our room keys didn't work. The vending machine was practically empty..only had vitamin water to buy. Customer Service was really BAD. This does not bold well for the Country Inn franchise. Will go with Wingate next time because that have superior customer service and appear to want to make a better impression on its customer!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg West, PA, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service. Your concerns will be addressed by management to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights to attend the graduation of our granddaughter from Messiah College nearby. Rooms were clean, quiet, and well equipped. We prefer the sink outside of the bathroom, but that is a minor complaint. Breakfast offerings were quite good, especially the waffles. The breakfast room is too small for the size of the hotel and is quickly overwhelmed. The pool was closed for maintenance which they said was on the web, but we didn't know it. We probably would not have used it anyway,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Calhu
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stopped here on way home after visit to Grand Canyon of pa and Williamsport. Girl at front desk during check in on 4 12 about 10pm was awesome. Room seemed clean and comfortable. My only complain was a bit noisy. Fridge, pipes for water etc. whenever anyone ran water it clicked loudly and sounded like people in room next to us were showering in our room along with toilet flushes. Other than that everything good

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends