“Great option for wedding accommodations in the Mechanicsburg/West Shore area”

Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Had a wonderful experience Nov 2012 using the Courtyard by Marriott for our wedding. We blocked rooms there for our guests, and stayed there ourselves the night before and the night of the wedding. Everything was very smooth, and the staff were friendly, helpful, and incredibly accommodating. We had enough guests block rooms that we were comped the meeting room for our guests to gather both the night before the wedding, between the wedding and the reception, after the wedding for the party to continue, and the next morning to enjoy breakfast with our guests. The cozy lobby area was great for our guests to gather and socialize the night before the wedding, and after our reception. Breakfast was also great, which was included in our wedding rate. The staff placed our welcome bags in all guest rooms prior to guest arrival, and were also flexible with early arrival of some guests checking in the day of the wedding. If enough guests booked rooms, our bridal suite was comped (this was by night). The suite was very nice, and was a great space to hang out in to great ready for my wedding with my bridesmaids! Bottom line, planning a wedding can be nightmarish at the best of times, and the Courtyard staff really did a great job making a big part of the big day a lot easier. Thanks Courtyard!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Christy M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Thank you for taking time to review our property. I am happy to hear the reservation process went smoothly for you and your guests and that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary bridal suite along with the meeting space for your post-wedding breakfast. Hopefully the past 3 months have been wedded bliss- Congrats from our whole team!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Stayed one night to break a long road trip on Jan 1. Benefited from an excellent discounted holiday rate that included breakfast. Requested and got rooms facing away from thehighway. Rooms were large, quiet comfortable and clean. Breakfast was ample, though coffee was very poor. Good free wifi in the rooms. Staff very friendly. An excellent stay.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the quiet side, away from the highway.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
csczypta, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your travels to the Central PA area. I am glad to hear that we met your expectations when it came to the room and breakfast. Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the coffee. We recently added flavored coffee shots to our coffee station which have been very popular. Next time you are in the area, please stop and consider having a cup of joe.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

Someone else wrote about the noise on the interstate side. They really mean it. The noise can be a bit much. The biggest problem for me however were the bugs. The first night, as I was typing at the desk, this large bug (sorry, I'm not an entomologist) dropped from the light onto the desk. It was alive, and being from a rural area, I just picked up and flushed it away. I mentioned it to the staff, and they said "ok." The next day, as I was coming up the back stairwell, I saw the same kind of bug crawling up the door. Again, I reported this with nothing more than another "ok." It would be nice to know what happened with this. As a Gold Elite member, I stay at my share of Marriott hotels, but I'm not sure if I will be coming back to this one.

It is in a convenient location, so I guess that was a benefit.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms that face the interstate. Not their fault, but it can be loud.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
csczypta, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to tell us about a problem you experienced while staying with us. I am sorry if we made you feel like the bugs were not a big deal. The bugs are called "Stink Bugs" and certainly are a problem for the Central Pennsylvania area. While there is nothing we can do to prevent them from coming in doors when it gets cold, I have asked that the cleaning staff look a little bit closer while doing their daily tasks. These bugs can be quite persistent when it comes to finding warmer places to lay low but I assure you will take every precaution we can to make sure they do not turn up in our guest rooms.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

We were so pleased with every element of our stay at this hotel. Everything about it was first rate.
Exceptionally clean, great location, every amenity, pleasant staff. Can't say enough about the stay here. The beds were very comfortable and we thought it was convenient to restaurants and shops. There's a great coffee station too. We were treated to the hot breakfast in the restaurant which was also wonderful. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw on our hotel and staff. We recently expanded our coffee station to include the shot options so it is great to hear that guests like you are enjoying the different options. We certainly appreciate your recommondations and look forward to seeing you as well in the future.

Reviewed 6 December 2012

Our hockey team stayed there during a tournament. Our rate included breakfast which was much better than the standard continental breakfast. They also had a nice size coffee station and a snack available in the lobby through out the day. Our room was a good size even with a cot, we still had enough room. Our room was clean and neat. My only complaint is that it did not have a safe in the room. We were traveling with 2 mac computers, an ipad and 2 cameras which we had to lug around because we did not want to leave them in the room. The front desk had a safe but it was not big enough for all our stuff. We will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Our room did not face the highway so noise was not a problem.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Christy M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2012

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you will return in the future. It was a pleasure hosting your team and we eagerly await the next opportunity to do-so. While I understand your concern for your valuables, safety and security has never been an issue at our property. We do however appreciate our guests' peace of mind and offer the convenience of a variety of safe box sizes. Our oversized safe box at the front desk is capable of accommodating such electronics and other large items. It measures 11" wide, 18" tall, and 21" deep (eight times the size of our standard safe boxes.) Thank you for taking time to review our property. I look forward to seeing you back at our hotel the next time you find yourself in Central PA!

Reviewed 3 December 2012

Alaina Springer, Sales Coordinator and her entire staff was fantastic from start to finish. I found this hotel typical of the Marriott Family and we will be back for sure. From the moment we walked into the hotel we were greeted with smiles and kindness- there wasn't anything too small for the staff to help us with. I'm very pleased with the stay and bed was great- rooms clean, hot breakfast top notch
and the prioce was right! Do yourself a favor and stay here when in this area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
arspringer, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2012

We are very happy to hear that you were pleased with our property's accommodations and the staff. It was a pleasure working with you throughout the entire planning process! The staff truly enjoyed having your team here and we look forward to being able to welcome you to our property once again! Best of Luck at all future tournaments and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

This hotel should not be a courtyard Marriott. I stay in Marriott all the time, and I am loyal to the brand. This year I stayed in fairfields that were nicer.this hotel looks like an old fairfield. The rooms are old, the lobby is worn and not up to date. Stay clear. Find something newer.

• Stayed: November 2012
Kristine G, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We were built in 2007, leaving our hotel at just a little over 5 years old, and we have put in place many updates since. We try to keep all of our amenities as cutting edge as possible, but I would like to apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We will be going through a drastic renovation to reveal the an even better and improved Courtyard hotel in a little over a year. We hope that you'll choose to stay with us in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any additional feedback you may have regardning your stay.

Happy & Safe Travels!