“Nice Stay!”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Nice Stay!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Was visiting our daughter at Messiah College and found that this Courtyard is very much up to the high standards of most Courtyards. Big room with two Queens. Helpful staff. It was nice that it had an indoor pool and hot tub. Pool is small though - not good for exercising - just relaxing. Equipment in exercise room worked well.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Christy M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you when you are in town again visiting your daughter at Messiah College. Safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Bradley Beach, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We came in for just one night but would happily have stayed longer. Beautiful hotel, clean, spacious rooms, friendly and accommodating staff. My small child had a terrible allergic reaction and the staff was very helpful in the middle of the night to direct me to the nearest 24 hour store for medication. I've been a loyal Marriott customer for many, many years, and I will continue to be for a long time. We'll be back to this hotel, in particular.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
csczypta, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
AS0525, thank you for your kind words. I am glad to hear that my associates were able to assist you with finding a 24 hour pharmacy. As a parent myself, I know how being in a strange city can already be somewhat stressful, but than having something happen while you were here can make it 10X's worse. I hope that all is well with your little one and look forward to seeing you on a future trip to the area. Thank you for being Marriott Loyal!
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

What set this hotel apart from others was the exceptionally friendly and efficient front desk staff and general sincere friendliness of the other employees. I've travelled for business for many years, and this has to be in my top five pleasant check-in experiences. The front desk clerk even called the elevator and pressed the floor button for me since I had my hands full. At another point a different employee paid me a complement and pleasantly wished me a nice stay out of the blue. Everyone seemed to have a smile and something nice to say - it was very refreshing.

Otherwise, it's a nice newer hotel - clean well appointed room with microwave and fridge. Very comfortable bed. Average breakfast for a fee. Strangely located on a poorly lit road with a barely adequate sign right on top of the entrance.

All said, I would happily stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013
Service with a Smile... I love it!!! It goes without saying that a smile can go a long way and I am glad that you felt the same way. I pride myself on having a very friendly staff here at the hotel. That is half the battle when hiring new associates and maintaining ones as well. Thank you for your feedback. I will definately share this with staff as they will be thrilled to know that the small things that they do, do not go unnoticed. Hope to see you again on a future trip to the area!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I was here for three nights on business. The room was spacious, clean and quiet (and I was only two doors from the elevator. The breakfast value was great! They do not charge you an outrageous flat fee regardless if you eat healthy or are a glutton. I do not think any of my breakfasts were over $6. The best hotel breakfast value I have ever had! If I am back in the area, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: My room on the north side away from the highway was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you MtnMatt1749 for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We strive to make sure we keep up with all the food trends and that we are aware that not everyone eats the same nowadays. When people hear that we have a breakfast buffet they sometimes do not understand that we have a menu and that items can be purchased al a carte from the buffet. thank you for sharing! We look forward to seeing you on a return visit to Central, PA!
Bar Harbor, Maine
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Staff and accommodations were the best! We had a suite and it was spacious with nice kitchenette area. Loved the balcony and did not have a problem with the noise. My grandson loved all the trucks so that was a bonus!

Room Tip: Suites are very roomy and worth it!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Kristine G, Operations Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you for such a nice review Martha. We are so glad we could accommodate you and your family! We hope to see you again during your travels through the area, and if there is anything we can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,
Kristine
Gr8day4sun
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed here for one night. The staff was very nice, the room very comfortable and clean and the lobby area comfortable. Great breakfast offered in the morning, once again, with a very friendly staff. Had one problem with a partying group hanging outside our room between 1 and 4 a.m. but that's not the management's fault. I should have reported it but did not until the next morning when we went out and discovered a beer bottle right outside our door.

I agree with previous raters - it is noisy - I did have a room on the highway side. But, I would stay here again, based on the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the back side, not facing the highway.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Kristine G, Operations Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our staff and accommodations. Unfortunately, sometimes other guests will have an effect on your stay, but please keep in mind that we have staff here 24 hours, 7 days a week to assist - we are happy to address any concerns you may have including noise. I hope we can be your hotel of choice the next time you're in town!

Take Care!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This is a noisey hotel.. Sits right on the main road so you need to either request a white noise machine or a room towards the back. The staff do not offer this. If you want to hear truck breaks all night - this is the place to be. Oh- and when the staff clean your room - don't expect the normal - tolilet seat left up,drain left in the down position, ice bucket not empited (thanks for leavng the extra bag but you could have enptied it out - LAZY). Oh - and you left my halffull glass behind instead of replacong - really?? This is below poverty standards. Not excited about having to stay there

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you are desparate
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LVF53449
Kristine G, Operations Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we truly value your perspective of our hotel. I'm sincerely sorry that your stay here did not meet your expectations. We have taken precautions for our lighter sleepers, such as white noise machines and ear plugs available upon request. Please always feel free to contact a front guest agent at any point during your stay if any aspect is unsatisfactory - we do not want any of our guests to have a bad experience with us. The cleanliness issues have already been brought to the attention of our housekeeping team to ensure these instances do not occur again. Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our property, and if there is anything you'd like to furher discuss please contact me directly.

Kind Regards,