“Excellant”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
“Excellant”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was my first time staying at this hotel. and although there's nothing scenic about the view, the hotel is located right off of the highway. 15S and nestled in the commercial district. this hotel is GEM! It's clean. spacious business center. Free breakfast and very friendly staff. If you need to be in the Mechanicsburg or Harrisburg area and you're looking for a great hotel for a decent price...look no further than the Courtyard Marriott West.

Room Tip: Get a room far from the kitchen. If not you will wake up to the smell of bacon cooking and you'...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
csczypta, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Zeta R, Thank you for your review!!!! We think our hotel is a GEM as well and truly appreciate that you thought of it that way. The hotel staff go out of their way to make sure all guests are happy. It pleases me so much to hear that you found my staff very friendly. We look forward to seeing you again on a future trip to the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I recently stayed at another Courtyard in the area that had been updated with the modernized lobby. This is a traditional Courtyard without the new lobby amenities, and definitely a step down from the "refreshed" Courtyard version.

However, I stopped here mainly for the location near the Pa. Turnpike entrance, and the location was a key plus for my travel plans.

Pros and cons for the hotel based on my experience are these:

PROS
- good location for traveling on the Pa. Turnpike in the Harrisburg area;
- clean and well-maintained guest room;
- comfortable bed, but a bit on the soft side for my taste;
- good television and wi-fi;
- no significant noise issues.
CONS
- poly-cotton bedding found at most Courtyards; pillows not great either;
- no full length mirror in room;
- no complimentary breakfast.

At another Marriott Courtyard in the area, they offered free cookies in the lobby near the beverage area. At this Courtyard I asked about the free cookies and heard that management was cutting back on its complimentary cookie program. This seems penny-wise and pound-foolish, since this is an amenity that customers could have on their radar after a long journey.

Overall, this hotel suited my travel needs and price point. If you want to spend a bit more, there are other options nearby that offer complimentary hot breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
csczypta, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you cj878 for your comments and feedback. I truly appreicated the pros and cons list. They can be very helpful for future travelers but I wanted to make sure you were aware of just a few things that might have been missed on this trip for you:

We do have a full length mirror which is located in the closet area of the room.
We also offer complimentary cookies on certain nights of the week. We made this change from 7 days a week because some of our guests commented they would have rather had something in the morning while they are on their way to work so we added cereal bars to those days of the week.

Again, your feeback is most appreciated and we hope that you will return to the hotel on a future trip to the area.
Patchogue, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stay at many hotels and found this one to be very good.

Clean, excellent service, nice room, up to date.
Bathroom was very clean.
Staff was very helpful and pleasant as usual.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
csczypta, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you bbg57 oj your most recent review of the hotel. It appears that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. Which is always our primary goal. Please visit us again while in the Central, PA are.
Annandale, VA
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel was nice, rooms were nice and spacious, staff was really friendly and the complementary breakfast was excellent. The only qualm I had was with the cooling system. The A/C is not great and seems to go off and on throughout the night with the sound of running water ever-present. If you are a heavy sleeper, this is the place for you. Overall though, it was good and we would probably go back if we had the need to be in that area again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
csczypta, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you Andy M for taking the time to review the hotel on your most recent visit. It's wonderful to hear that you thought most everything was great!!! I will tell you that we are about to start a renovation in October that will include upgrading some of the AC units. I am not sure if they will make less noise but that it our hope. Again, thank you for the review and look forward to having you stay again!
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I only stayed for 1 night on business so it's a bit hard to judge and comment. The rooms are standard Courtyard and slightly renovated. Bed was comfortable. TV reception was good quality and HD.

Hotel staff was very friendly and since the lobby hasn't been renovated yet (to the new Courtyard style), you can get free coffee all day and night. If I come back to the area, I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Seth D, thank you for leaving a great review for the hotel. We recently upgraded our TV selection to HD and included many more channel options at the same time. We have not had alot of feedback on this so your remarks in your review were great to hear. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you at the hotel in the future!
Auburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to this hotel on business and will not be my last. The rooms are spacious, clean and well maintained. There is also plenty of room amd tables available in the lobby for working with coworkers or just by yourself. And there is always ample parking. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you Charlietuna76 we appreciate your wonderful feedback!!! I will share your kind words with the staff as they love hearing that we make our guests happy. Look forward to seeing you again on a future trip to the area.
DC Metro
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Best hotel stay ever with a young family. Beds & pillows are ultra comfortable, like I want to buy one for myself. Rooms are spacious. Refrigerator is quiet (didn't even know it was there). The staff went out of its way to make our kids and young baseball team feel truly welcome and appreciated at the property - they didn't just tolerate us and smile. I was very impressed how they dealt with groups of nine year old boys and all the things that come with that. Staff had helpful tips on the area and Hershey. Free reliable wireless. Breakfast is good. Highly recommend this property for either business (during week) or personal on weekend. It's only about 25 mins from Hershey Park.

Room Tip: Liked third floor nobody on top.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Christy M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Wow! Thank you very much for taking time to write such a glowing review of our property! Hosting your baseball team was such a pleasure, and we hope to see you if you find yourselves in Central PA again. Best wishes with the rest of your season!