Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg
Homewood
US$141
US$124
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg - South(Mechanicsburg)(Great Value!)
US$85
Priceline
US$152
US$129
US$132
Travelocity
All reviewscarlisle pikeroll in showerroom was cleanwould stay here againtraveling throughmajor roadwayseggsdesk clerkbreakfast foodnice hotellocation is greathotel chainfirst floorsmall fridgegreat ratethe king size bedmemorial day weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 January 2013

hotel is handy to Hershey swap meet.staff are great.hotel is under remodel so will be even better
stayed here a number of times and will be back in 2013.close to lots of good restaurants and Harrisburg

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
pa409, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Thank you for your response to our property. We are glad you were pleased with our location and noticed we are renovating the entire hotel inside and out. We would love to see you return again soon so we may show you around and give you a tour of the hotel. Guest comments are our biggest opportunity to know how we are performing overall. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed 15 December 2012

I've stayed there a few times in the past and have had good experiences. Now, it's totally torn apart and has almost NO guests. I have the impression some of the workers are bunked there, judging from some of the trucks out back and the large number of them crowding the breakfast buffet. NOT a place to bring the family or attempt a lover's escape. My room was quiet, BUT every lamp shade was akimbo and the light in the entrance did not work. The iron and ironing board were cheap and barely useable, too. The real turn-off was the stagnant coffee pack in the coffee maker from some prior occupant. Poor housekeeping, to say the least, and I washed the maker repeatedly before I felt safe using it. OK, the breakfast was good and unlimited as always, with eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, fruit, breads, juice coffee, and yogurt, but that's the only redeeming quality. Yes, some of the staff is really nice, others don't seem so engaging. Their web site and reservation system should REALLY warn you that the place is barely usable. The pictures of the upcoming renovated hotel with improvements like a pool, and maybe they'll relocate the main entrance to the bottom/rear, so you don't have to walk down a set of stairs with your luggage.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Alwaysonthego75, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

As you know, we are in the midst of our renovations program and hope our guests will return to enjoy our finished product. We try to minimize the inconveinences to our guests; but unfortunately some issues arise beyond our control. Your response has helped us to reach out to our construction team and ask them to be more aware of our guests in and out of the property. Our staff is working hard to keep all areas clean and debris free. We appreciate your business and hope we can restore your confidence in our property on your return visit to Mechanicsburg. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 19 November 2012

If you have a problem with stairs or really require an attractive hotel stay away until this place is finished with its badly needed remodeling. I cannot understand hotels that think a "Excuse our Mess" sign excuses everything from minimum service to bad TVs. Wait until spring 2013.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your response. We are anxious to show our finished renovations in the year 2013 and hope we can have you as a return guest. Your feedback helps us to reach out to the staff and construction team and that is a useful tool to help us with training. Thank you for your business, please give us another opportunity to restore your confidence in lodging choices in 2013! Happy Holidays from the staff and management of Mechanicsburg Comfort Inn!

Reviewed 3 November 2012

As it says in the welcome book in each room, this Comfort Inn has recently changed ownership and it shows. I work for a local retailer and my company paid for me to stay here during Hurricane Sandy so I would be close to our store. The employees at the check-in counter were incredibly friendly and genuinely glad I was able to make it safely to the hotel. The rooms were very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The next morning I was happily surprised to catch a free continental breakfast (which I'm not sure they previously offered) before heading off to work. Despite the fact that I had to be away from home during the hurricane, I felt welcome and safe at the Comfort Inn West.

• Stayed: October 2012
Alwaysonthego75, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Thank you for your response. We appreciate you commenting and understanding the importance of us making the major improvements on our hotel. We look forward to your return visit when you are in the area again; and I hope you are impressed with all our renovations and upgrades in 2013. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed 13 August 2012

As good or better than the other nearby alternatives, plus a decent full breakfast. My room faced Carlisle Pike, but it was still quiet enough to get a good night's rest. WiFi speed is ho-hum, so don't plan huge jobs here! Free coffee in the lobby 24x7 was appreciated, too. Staff was attentive, if uninspired.

Room Tip: It will be quietest if you ask for one off Carlisle Pike. Seem to have very little space for 18 wheelers. Not a problem for me, but call ahead if that's an issue for you. Park and check in around back, instead of the front door if you cannot manage a flight of steps, too.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AnAceBuyer_007
pa409, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

Thank you for your comments, we appreicate your business! We will be upgrading the WI-FI and the parking lot along with the entire construction and renovations projects. We look for feedback .....please stop by and ask for me on your next visit in, so we can disuss your suggestions. Thanks! Lee L., Manager, Comfort Inn West.