“Nice Hotel in good location”

Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Port Stephens, Australia
“Nice Hotel in good location”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed here 3 nights in June. Found this place very comfortable as they were completing renovations but didn’t effect us at all. Rooms were of good size, good WiFi and quiet with good beds. Very comfortable stay with a good selection of eating places both within walking distance and a short drive for others. Was clean, professionally run and very helpful staff. Breakfast was OK. Would love to have seen more fresh in season fruit.
I wouldn’t hesitate at staying here again for the price paid.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Patchogue, New York
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were part of a group - The Bandit Run 2014
I was surprised at how nice this hotel actually was. The room was clean. They were able to handle the large group that sold old the hotel for the two nights we were there.
Breakfast was decent and was replenished quickly so everyone was able to enjoy it. They set up extra tables in the breakfast area to accommodate our large group.
The staff was VERY friendly. We arrived late and the lady at the desk made sure to give us our "gift bag" for the run.
Close enough to the fairgrounds...and a nice drive if taking the local streets instead of the highway.
Overall, it was a very nice stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Of the Comfort Inns where I have stayed, this one was better than the average. The room, with one king bed, was spacious. If it had two beds, it may have felt a bit tight. As is true with most Comfort Inns, the room was plain but functional. Everything was clean and the maid did a good job each night on the fourth floor cleaning up and putting things in order. The shower head was a little low for very tall people, but it provided hot water almost immediately.

The elevator was the one place that needed to be cleaned. There was no evidence of it having been cleaned in some time.

Breakfast was typical Comfort Inn level and it was included with the price of the room. They offered cereal, pastries, fruit, breads, a couple of hot items, make-your-own waffles, beverages and similar items.

If you are a jogger, there is a large development behind the nearby Volvo dealer where it is easy to run. It is much safer than running on Carlisle Pike which lacks sidewalks.

P.S. Try the nearby Black and Bleu restaurant.

Room Tip: My room faced the street, but noise was not a problem. If you are a very light sleeper, you might as...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
James G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear newengland50,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of out hotel from your stay with us this past May. I was very pleased to hear that your overall stay was positive and that you would consider us to be above average within the Comfort Inn family of hotels. Again, I certainly appreciate your feedback as we are looking for more ways to improve our overall business operations.

Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West

P.S. Yes, I agree with you...Black and Bleu is a hidden gem!
Waterloo, New York
Reviewed 15 May 2014

driving home from fla...we stopped at 7pm...had driven 600 miles that day and I was pooped....Jeff checked us in and he was AWESOME!!! he was so helpful...we checked into one room and really wasn't a good fit...my husband is disabled and it just wouldn't work...he was totally fine with that and changed to the 2nd floor - right by the elevator!!! was great!!! The bed was sooooo great and we both had a great nights sleep!!!! had a problem with the fridge and microwave and jeff came and took care of it....well we thought he did...didn't know till the next am the fridge didn't work....and had to throw out our leftovers...oj from fla...and husbands meds...wasn't happy with that...but could happen anywhere..they gave us a $25.00 reduction in our rate....decided to have our family reunion there over the summer!!!!

Room Tip: check out the room first...and make sure the fridge and microwave work ..and make sure the distance...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear caudia f,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write this review during your recent visit to our hotel this past month. I was also very pleased to hear that Jeff took such great care of you, and that he was so attentive and responsive during your stay. He takes great pride in his work effort and will be very proud after reading this wonderful review. I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience of having the refrigerator stop working, but also want to thank you for your understanding and patience! We are honored that, because of your positive experience with us, that you have selected our hotel to host your upcoming family reunion. We all look forward to seeing your family here later this summer.

Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West
Shamokin, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I got a great rate on this room. It recently went renovations. This hotel offers a lot for the price. The free breakfast was awesome. Waffles, eggs, sausage, bagels, and anything else you could want. There is an outdoor pool for summer time. There is a walk way attaching it to buffalo wild wings so you can just walk right over. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. If you get a good deal on it I wouldn't hesitate to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
James G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear mibar4,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review regarding your recent stay with us. I'm pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be such an affordable option during your visit to the Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg area. Our team members take great pride in their work and they will be very happy to hear that you found our hotel to be very clean and comfortable. Once our conversion to Holiday Inn Express is complete (estimated August 2014), we will be proud to offer our guest even more upgraded services and amenities. Please come back and visit us again soon!

717.790.0924
Osprey, Florida
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Still a mixed bag, but at least some of the rooms and the lobby/breakfast area are fixed up. Parking is a fair walk from the front desk even when only partly occupied because of the odd layout of parking in the rear, front desk up front. If the place was full, it would be a long walk across the scrubby parking lot to check in! There are still stacks of building supplies in the parking lot over a year since they started remodeling. 1st floor/lobby looks lots better, as does the breakfast area.. Still, the property seems worn down even after the facelift. Only very partly occupied this month; still apparently not that popular. The pool area is at least finished, though it looks pretty stark. Maybe they'll add chairs and tables when it's opened? Hardly any staff visible, but that's not a surprise if it's not getting much traffic.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear AnAceBuyer_007,

Thank you for returning to our hotel and posting another review of our hotel. I'm pleased to hear that you have a more favorable image of our hotel since your previous visit. I hope that you will be pleased to hear that the recent delivery of building supplies you noticed in our parking lot is the beginning of "phase 2" of our renovations. These renovations will include complete bathroom upgrades, new fitness room equipment and other finishing touches throughout the building. We compete, we will be converting the hotel to a Holiday Inn Express this summer. I hope that you will be returning once more to see the "finished" product! Thank you again for being such a loyal customer!

Sayville, New York
Reviewed 3 January 2014

On my way home to NY from NC I arrived at this property @ 7pm, exhausted & hungry -- I also wanted a Pinot Noir.
Justin was working the desk and after he swiftly & courteously checked me in, he clued me in on how to turn into the Olive Garden restaurant -- I would have passed the entrance and had to turn around w/o his help. The last thing I wanted was to have to drive anymore than I needed to.
Upon my return, I was delighted in my room, the shower was a joy and this will now be my stopover hotel on my bi-monthly trips from NC to NY.
Thanks, Justin, you're the best ... and so is this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ginniem756
James G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Ginniem756,

Thank you for taking the time out of you busy schedule to write such a nice review of our hotel, especially in regards to the serviced you received from Justin. I was very proud to hear that he checked you into the hotel very promptly and that he was able to easily navigate you to the Olive Garden.......(yes, it can very confusing to enter if you are not familiar with the entrance!) I was also pleased to hear that you were quite pleased with you room. I look forward to meeting you during your next visit with us!