Stayed here as part of a large group. The entire staff was very gracious throughout the two week stay. Staff was always pleasant and helpful. Hotel has daily drink and meal specials at Legends; I didn't leave the hotel the first week. Outside is another bar which fills up quickly with full menu (and another pool table) overlooking five volleyball courts (great for cigar smoking). On Friday and Saturday night yet another bar opens for the dancing. I used a safe deposit box and it was a breeze. Great laundry service. The breakfast provided our group was exceptional and the ladies ensured everything was clean and tidy. When we had to leave in the wee hours, the breakfast wasn't reduced. When my overnight package was mailed to the hotel, I was surprised to find it waiting for me in my room. I have stayed at five star hotels, but none of them had the dedication that this staff has for personalized service. Park Inn should recognize this hotel staff as the most courteous, most gracious, and most accommodating staff in the entire industry. I have never seen a hotel staff go out of their way like this staff does. Although the hotel may a little older the primary detractor is the hotel room door open to the exterior covered walkways. The hotel has both indoor and outdoor pools which could be bigger, but they were never crowded. The indoor pool was perfect for two lap swimmers. The workout room only had one item of each (four total), but I rarely competed with anyone for use. Way out back the hotel has two small ball fields and adjacent covered picnic areas with a grill and horseshoe pits in a safe wooded area. The miniature golf course is nice and shaded; my 8 and 5 year olds will love playing it next year. Across the street within walking distance are another half dozen restaurants and shops (Outback, TGI Fridays, Bob Evans, Dunkin Doughnuts, TJ Maxx, Home Depot, Kmart, etc). I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to everyone. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay! P.S. Save Dave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100% Smoke Free Hotel sits on 22 acres of land and has shopping, theaters, restaurants and other activities within a 1 mile radius. Offers Indoor and outdoor pool, 24 Hour on-site fitness center, 24-hour business center and on-site laundry facilities. There is over 16,000 square feet of meeting space, Picnic Groves, Outdoor Courtyard, Mini-golf course, sand volleyball courts, Softball field. - Home to 3 different places for food, drink and entertainment. Blarney's Irish Pub is a great place for dinner and a pint, Whiskey Ridge Saloon host the best country bands plus you can ride the mechanical bull, and Legend's Grille, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Choose one or visit all three. The hotel is right across the street from the Mechanicsburg Navy Depot and a short distance to the Farm Show Complex, Ski Roundtop, Carlisle Fairgrounds, Downtown Harrisburg, and Hershey Park. We can accommodate picnics up to 1500 people and have outdoor facilities for wedding ceremonies and receptions. We have 12 meeting rooms that can accommodate from 10 - 800 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Inn By Radisson Harrisburg West Hotel Mechanicsburg
- Holiday Inn Mechanicsburg
- Mechanicsburg Holiday Inn