“Park Inn Mechanicsburg, PA staff makes you feel like every day's your birthday!”

Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Wahoo, Nebraska
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Stayed here as part of a large group. The entire staff was very gracious throughout the two week stay. Staff was always pleasant and helpful. Hotel has daily drink and meal specials at Legends; I didn't leave the hotel the first week. Outside is another bar which fills up quickly with full menu (and another pool table) overlooking five volleyball courts (great for cigar smoking). On Friday and Saturday night yet another bar opens for the dancing. I used a safe deposit box and it was a breeze. Great laundry service. The breakfast provided our group was exceptional and the ladies ensured everything was clean and tidy. When we had to leave in the wee hours, the breakfast wasn't reduced. When my overnight package was mailed to the hotel, I was surprised to find it waiting for me in my room. I have stayed at five star hotels, but none of them had the dedication that this staff has for personalized service. Park Inn should recognize this hotel staff as the most courteous, most gracious, and most accommodating staff in the entire industry. I have never seen a hotel staff go out of their way like this staff does. Although the hotel may a little older the primary detractor is the hotel room door open to the exterior covered walkways. The hotel has both indoor and outdoor pools which could be bigger, but they were never crowded. The indoor pool was perfect for two lap swimmers. The workout room only had one item of each (four total), but I rarely competed with anyone for use. Way out back the hotel has two small ball fields and adjacent covered picnic areas with a grill and horseshoe pits in a safe wooded area. The miniature golf course is nice and shaded; my 8 and 5 year olds will love playing it next year. Across the street within walking distance are another half dozen restaurants and shops (Outback, TGI Fridays, Bob Evans, Dunkin Doughnuts, TJ Maxx, Home Depot, Kmart, etc). I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to everyone. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay! P.S. Save Dave.

Room Tip: Tell them Dave sent you!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Reviewed 24 June 2011

This is the worst place I have ever stayed. No woman that I know would feel safe staying at thus hotel. There are mysterious holes in the shower and bathroom area and the rooms are cleaned by mostly men. It is very close to loud highway traffic that kept me up at night. Beds are uncomfortable and seemed damp!!! Bugs were also found. Don't stay here!

• Stayed June 2011
cleveland, ohio
Reviewed 13 June 2011

i got this room from mystery hotel on hotwire...where you dont know name of hotel only number of stars and general area. then i say the tripadvisor reviews. i was so scared . i think the radisson must have redone the hotel or we had a newer room. it was almost perfectly clean except some stray hairs. everything was brand new and we got lots of pillows. the noise was not a factor...i could not hear highway when when i was outside on balcony. so i think some of these reviews are made up. it was actually one of the quietest hotels i have ever stayed despite the rock concert going on at the the hotel i still heard no noise or rowdy people.
I WOULD DEFINATLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. the property is outstanding with lots to do and the 2 pools!! great indoor lap pool and outdoor pool.

Room Tip: nice room overlooking pool on second floor
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank rmoniemony
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2011

During my week long stay at the Park Inn, I found the staff to have the highest in customer service. They were friendly and accommodating. The food was very good and the coffee in the front lobby rivaled Starbucks for great taste!

My many thanks to the staf for their kindness and attention to detail.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Watertown, New York
Reviewed 31 May 2011

We booked this hotel through hotwire who claimed it was a 3.5 star hotel. Not so much! The staff is very friendly and accomodating but the rooms are very old and in need to renovating. Except for the amenities (pools, gym, activities) the hotel is old and is more along the lines of a 2-star. The same weekend we stayed there was another group staying that had ultility trucks and took up almost all of the parking spots. We had to park far from our room, which is off an outdoor hallway, and walk almost around the entire hotel. I wouldn't stay here again on my own valition but I would recomend it for someone who just needs a place to stay. Would not recomend through Hotwire either.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Spsweet311
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I love staying at the Park Inn in Harrisburg. It has very friendly folks working at the check in counters, the rooms are clean and tidy. Thanks for being my home away from home!!!

Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank banana25
Pocono'Mtn, Pa.
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Our group stayed for 3 nights and were treated like royalty. Not a single complaint from any one in our group of Navy Veterans who met for our annual reunion. I think this is the first time that has happened in all of our 20 plus reunions. Every single person in our group of 29 told me personnaly what a great hotel I selected. The rooms were clean and spacious. The entire hotel staff greeted us with a smile whenever and wherever we encounted them. The banquet staff prepared a delicious meal at a very reasonable price. The servers were efficient and friendly. The room was large and the lighted fireplace was a nice accent on a well decorated room. The banquet servers even helped me pack up our personnel property and helped me carry it to my vehicle.

All the meals we ate in the hotel restaurant were very tasty.

In closing every request we made was met with a smile and then taken care of super fast.. What a great place to hold a military reunion or any other function. I would not hesitate to recommend this property to any of my friends.

• Stayed May 2011