“Great Staff ... Enjoyed my stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Seattle, Washington
“Great Staff ... Enjoyed my stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

I purchased my room through Hotwire where it gave me a great deal, but didn't allow me to see the name of hotel. After i purchased it and saw a number of the questionable reviews, I thought Hotwire had failed me. I am happy to say that Hotwire, you took care of me again.

The location was great and room was fair for the value. Yes the facility was a bit tired, but it was clean the the customer service was great! From the greeters (one front desk gentleman mentioned to me that he was the Hotwire Ambassodor) to the servers (thank you to the bar tender Kelli (?) to my server Sandy to the Front Desk check out Rose), they were all more than helpful. The food in the resturant is a great value and pretty good.

For all those that my be weary like myself after reading the reviews, I'd like to share with you that I enjoyed my stay. Shout to the staff and thank you for you hospitality.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

I wanted to especially thank Sandra who welcomes me every morning at the hotel's breakfast buffet. She is always kind and friendly and goes out of her way to take good care of me to make me feel welcome. I look forward to seeing her every morning when I stay over on business. Thank you Sandra for all that you do for the guests at the Park Inn Mechanicsburg.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

I came across this hotel by accident and loved it. For a fraction of the price of more expensive and flashier accommodation, this one is a hidden jewel. Ok, the basics - motel-style rooms but clean, comfortable beds, daily replenished coffee in room, adequate bathroom, good restaurant and bar with daily specials, indoor and outdoor pools and fitness centre, plentiful and free parking, and free wifi mean that for a casual use the hotel provides good basic service. For a longer stay (I had 4 nights), the real benefit comes out. In a word - service! Nothing was too difficult for the staff, from the GM Dan down through Managers Dave and O'Neil, staff members Tiffany and Jenni in the restaurant, Alicia and her colleagues at reception (and I apologise to the others for forgetting their names), regardless of the time of day or night. Since for me, service, friendly staff and courteous response to requests are the things that really make a hotel stay as long as the basics are provided, this hotel deserves a five-star rating from me. One got the impression that staff actually enjoy working there, which is not always the case with hotels. The only drawback I found is that the free wifi was patchy at busy times (and then quite difficult to access) but again the assistance was immediate and genuine.
Interestingly, the mix of people here was very varied, from those on their own like me, to families with kids, and businessman and visiting legislature in Harrisburg merely confirming my view that it appears to meet many needs very well. And, having visited friends at the Hershey yesterday, I'd choose this one ahead of it every time unless flashy surroundings was my sole criterion.

Room Tip: rooms near pool have seats outside
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Wahoo, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

Stayed here as part of a large group. The entire staff was very gracious throughout the two week stay. Staff was always pleasant and helpful. Hotel has daily drink and meal specials at Legends; I didn't leave the hotel the first week. Outside is another bar which fills up quickly with full menu (and another pool table) overlooking five volleyball courts (great for cigar smoking). On Friday and Saturday night yet another bar opens for the dancing. I used a safe deposit box and it was a breeze. Great laundry service. The breakfast provided our group was exceptional and the ladies ensured everything was clean and tidy. When we had to leave in the wee hours, the breakfast wasn't reduced. When my overnight package was mailed to the hotel, I was surprised to find it waiting for me in my room. I have stayed at five star hotels, but none of them had the dedication that this staff has for personalized service. Park Inn should recognize this hotel staff as the most courteous, most gracious, and most accommodating staff in the entire industry. I have never seen a hotel staff go out of their way like this staff does. Although the hotel may a little older the primary detractor is the hotel room door open to the exterior covered walkways. The hotel has both indoor and outdoor pools which could be bigger, but they were never crowded. The indoor pool was perfect for two lap swimmers. The workout room only had one item of each (four total), but I rarely competed with anyone for use. Way out back the hotel has two small ball fields and adjacent covered picnic areas with a grill and horseshoe pits in a safe wooded area. The miniature golf course is nice and shaded; my 8 and 5 year olds will love playing it next year. Across the street within walking distance are another half dozen restaurants and shops (Outback, TGI Fridays, Bob Evans, Dunkin Doughnuts, TJ Maxx, Home Depot, Kmart, etc). I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to everyone. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay! P.S. Save Dave.

Room Tip: Tell them Dave sent you!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

This is the worst place I have ever stayed. No woman that I know would feel safe staying at thus hotel. There are mysterious holes in the shower and bathroom area and the rooms are cleaned by mostly men. It is very close to loud highway traffic that kept me up at night. Beds are uncomfortable and seemed damp!!! Bugs were also found. Don't stay here!

• Stayed June 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
cleveland, ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

i got this room from mystery hotel on hotwire...where you dont know name of hotel only number of stars and general area. then i say the tripadvisor reviews. i was so scared . i think the radisson must have redone the hotel or we had a newer room. it was almost perfectly clean except some stray hairs. everything was brand new and we got lots of pillows. the noise was not a factor...i could not hear highway when when i was outside on balcony. so i think some of these reviews are made up. it was actually one of the quietest hotels i have ever stayed despite the rock concert going on at the the hotel i still heard no noise or rowdy people.
I WOULD DEFINATLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. the property is outstanding with lots to do and the 2 pools!! great indoor lap pool and outdoor pool.

Room Tip: nice room overlooking pool on second floor
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank rmoniemony
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

During my week long stay at the Park Inn, I found the staff to have the highest in customer service. They were friendly and accommodating. The food was very good and the coffee in the front lobby rivaled Starbucks for great taste!

My many thanks to the staf for their kindness and attention to detail.