“Good accomodation, flexible service”

Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Reviewed 8 September 2013

They allowed to check out lately if needed, and have given me a good %off automatically.

Receptionists were very kind. I called them on phone to make a 1 night reservation at 11pm that night, and were flexible, quite helpful.

Hair dryer, air condition, brewer coffee machine, fridge, was working.

Look for any insects around fridge but no big problem found in terms of insects.

I don't dare to write more, since we haven't used any facilities, except fitness room, treadmill, it was working well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
mccordd, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Booked king beds got double instead,rooms not cleaned and stocked daily,had to ask to have towels and cups,went out for the day arrived back to find that the room had not been locked after it was cleaned,rang reception to complain.on two consecutive night kept awake till 3am from people drinking and partying in the car park.When we checked out complained about our stay was offered a complimentary breakfast,declined,given two bottles of water instead.
Would not recommend this hotel/motel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny M
mccordd, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback and I'm deeply sorry about your troubles at the hotel. We work very hard to ensure that our guests are satisfied, and in this case I'm very sorry that it appears we fell short. Thank you also for your kind words about the property.

Please contact me, David McCord, at the hotel if i can be of further assistance.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel because of it was available to use extra nights from other stays with. From the outside it looks pretty bland. However the inside of the room was very spacious... We actually loved it.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I booked this room through hotwire because we were traveling on a family vacation and this had some great ammenaties like indoor/outdoor pool, volleyball, softball & mini golf right there! I got there and checked in. The lobby was nice and looks like you found a gem, but then you get to the stairs (no elevators - in case you're traveling with handicapped or disabled not a place to go!) and the room! I imformed the person during check in that we were only staying 6 nights not the 7 that was originally booked. She snapped at me that I have to take that up with Hotwire. I never even asked for a refund of the money as I knew that conditions when I booked with them. I was just informing them so they knew that they'd have that room for the following Saturday. I worked hotels and I know how it is, so I figured I'd give them advance notice. Didn't expect to get an attitude for that!
The stairs looks like they are about to rust off the buildings! The rooms appeared clean, but upon closer inspection in the bathroom I found some sort of worm bug curled up dead on the floor. The second day we came back to the room and I pulled down the sheets to put my little one to bed and there was a HUGE stain on the sheet like someone had peed the bed (that wasn't there when I left that morning) and the other bed was missing one of the sheets from under the blanket. I called and asked for new sheets and someone did come and changed the sheets for me. She was very nice (wish I could remember her name, but it escapes me). She seemed very disgusted with the housekeeping herself and apologized for the inconvenience. The following day the sheet on the second bed was still missing a sheet as it did until the last day of our stay. Even if the sheets were dirty as my son and his friend spilled something one night, those sheets stayed on the bed for 3 days! It was obvious that there was something there, but gross!!!
I found another bug in the bathroom and hair behind the door that didn't match anyone in my family. There was also room service dishes left on the walkways to the rooms for days. It was disgusting!
I was very, very disappointed! The only good that I can think of were two employee of housekeeping (the girl who changed my sheets and the daytime head housekeeper (?) Mike, I think is name was. He was very friendly and personable.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Barbara C
mccordd, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback on tripadvisor. We really appreciate when our guests give us their experience so we can learn. We have even updated the stairs since your visit!

Please contact me if I can be of more service. 717 697 0321

Reviewed 18 August 2013

This "hotel" is a motel. Period. We stayed here for my nieces wedding and I felt bad for her, her guests and frankly the entire staff who worked her wedding. I believe that much of the banquet staff and wedding people attempt to do a good job with what they have but what they have is crap. The linens weren't clean and didn't match. The riser for the head table was sticky with probably years of spilled drinks and food. The room smelled weird. The whole place smelled weird. At one point the brides mother asked to speak to a manager and she talked to someone in the sales office area who was apparently in charge. Her name started with a Z but I can't recall it here. This woman was rude, passive aggressive and ridiculous. She talked to my sister like she was an idiot. It was absolutely appalling.
This place should at the very least hire good management who will try and improve the service there because the property itself is in complete shambles. They do not deserve a three star rating anywhere.
Don't waste your money

• Stayed: July 2013
mccordd, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback. The issue you encountered concerns us here at the Park Inn and is not ringing as famliar, will you contact the hotel so that we may meet your needs?

717 697 0321

Reviewed 13 August 2013

As a transition from staying in Philly,my husband and I decided to head to rural and found "Park Inn". Upon pulling up, the 1st thing I saw was the bar attached to the hotel! That was a first for me lol. We decided, lets see what the inside looks like. Surprisingly a very nice entrance and Gessica was working the desk-pleasant employee. Despite skepticism, we boomed a jacuzzi suite. No elevator, walk upstairs, open door& greeted by smoke/musty smell. Room size was good, however they're very dated, carpet, tube tv and curtains. All we could do was laugh. Bathroom creeped me out b/c of the 1person shower? I def. had my husband check for bed bugs...W/the convenience of the hotel, we went to Kmart across the st. To buy some Clorox/Lysol , and sprayed the jacuzzi as well as the sink&toilet. This is somewhere we'll nvr stay again, it wasn't comfortable& it gives you the "Motel" feel which if your traveling fora vacation, you don't want that! Keep looking and avoid Park inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
mccordd, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to hear that your experience was less than what I would call satisfactory. Please contact me at the hotel if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I'd have to say first of all their coordinators, Courtney and Amanda, were absolutely amazing! I got to know them over the months of wedding planning and they were so sincere with wanting to make my day special for me. They were prompt with returning calls and emails to answer any and all questions I had! They even do the decorating for you so it's one less thing for the bride to worry about (and they did an awesome job on placement). There were 3 weddings going on and they even took the time to order me and my bridesmaid pizza!
As for the ceremony and reception space we had more than enough room! It was nice to plan my wedding to be outside but they reserved a room in case of bad weather (another thing I didn't have to stress about!). The food was good I had several compliments days after telling me! They have several packages to go along with your budget which include food, open bar and the choice of you're wedding cake from 2 local bakeries!
I would recommend Park Inn to anyone looking into wedding spaces and looking for the biggest bang for their buck!

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for such a nice reivew!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mechanicsburg
Country Inn and Suites Harrisburg West
Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg
Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West
Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area
Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg - South
Radisson Hotel Harrisburg
Radisson Hotel Harrisburg
#1 of 3 in Camp Hill

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West? Share your experiences!