The Park Inn by Radisson in Mechanicsburg, PA is not a hotel I would stay at by choice. Unfortunately, my employer requires us to stay here since this is the site for our training retreat. The only thing I require in an overnight accommodation is a clean and well maintained room. My first room had a broken shelf in the bathroom. This small shelf sits over the toilet next to the sink. When I put my toiletries on the shelf it slid and almost fell to the floor. I then noticed the large brown stain creeping down from the toilet bowl rim. It showed weeks that it had not received a good cleaning for weeks. Finally, I noticed the layer of heavy dust on the hair dryer. These were all indicators of a lack of proper cleaning. To top it off a highway road crew was staying in an adjoining room and they were loud and grilling outside their room. The smell of grilled hamburgers was nice but not welcomed in my hotel room. I took photos and asked the front desk to move me to a different room. The staff and manager were very nice and did the right thing by moving me to a different room. They even made sure it was clean before I went in. The new room was cleaner than the other room but I can tell the cleaning at this hotel is the bare minimum. As I am typing this, I am staring at a noticeable layer of dust on the ice bucket lid and other surfaces that are easily cleaned. This tells me that the hotel's management is not checking the quality of their staff's work. All I need is a clean room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100% Smoke Free Hotel sits on 22 acres of land and has shopping, theaters, restaurants and other activities within a 1 mile radius. Offers Indoor and outdoor pool, 24 Hour on-site fitness center, 24-hour business center and on-site laundry facilities. There is over 16,000 square feet of meeting space, Picnic Groves, Outdoor Courtyard, Mini-golf course, sand volleyball courts, Softball field. - Home to 3 different places for food, drink and entertainment. Blarney's Irish Pub is a great place for dinner and a pint, Whiskey Ridge Saloon host the best country bands plus you can ride the mechanical bull, and Legend's Grille, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Choose one or visit all three. The hotel is right across the street from the Mechanicsburg Navy Depot and a short distance to the Farm Show Complex, Ski Roundtop, Carlisle Fairgrounds, Downtown Harrisburg, and Hershey Park. We can accommodate picnics up to 1500 people and have outdoor facilities for wedding ceremonies and receptions. We have 12 meeting rooms that can accommodate from 10 - 800 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Inn By Radisson Harrisburg West Hotel Mechanicsburg
- Holiday Inn Mechanicsburg
- Mechanicsburg Holiday Inn