“Lack of Cleaning”

Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The Park Inn by Radisson in Mechanicsburg, PA is not a hotel I would stay at by choice. Unfortunately, my employer requires us to stay here since this is the site for our training retreat. The only thing I require in an overnight accommodation is a clean and well maintained room. My first room had a broken shelf in the bathroom. This small shelf sits over the toilet next to the sink. When I put my toiletries on the shelf it slid and almost fell to the floor. I then noticed the large brown stain creeping down from the toilet bowl rim. It showed weeks that it had not received a good cleaning for weeks. Finally, I noticed the layer of heavy dust on the hair dryer. These were all indicators of a lack of proper cleaning. To top it off a highway road crew was staying in an adjoining room and they were loud and grilling outside their room. The smell of grilled hamburgers was nice but not welcomed in my hotel room. I took photos and asked the front desk to move me to a different room. The staff and manager were very nice and did the right thing by moving me to a different room. They even made sure it was clean before I went in. The new room was cleaner than the other room but I can tell the cleaning at this hotel is the bare minimum. As I am typing this, I am staring at a noticeable layer of dust on the ice bucket lid and other surfaces that are easily cleaned. This tells me that the hotel's management is not checking the quality of their staff's work. All I need is a clean room.

Room Tip: The second floor rooms appear to be less noisy. The one in the back are isolated and would be a secu...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
mccordd, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback and review on Tripadvisor. We truly appreciate when guests take the time out ouf thier day to give us information that helps us understand the guest perspecitve so that we can improve on our operation. I apologize your room was less than what I would consider as satisfactory. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel if I can make this right for you.

Thanks again,

David McCord

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Attended a wedding reception at the hotel and decided to stay overnight. The location is convenient with everything needed (shopping, food) in within a mile of the hotel.

The wedding reception was very nice. It was an average ballroom. The food was very good and the bar service was excellent. The wedding consultant did an excellent job. The facilities were nice and staff professional.

This is an old motel and that needs some remodel. All rooms are on exterior hallways (open). The rooms were clean. The bathroom was old and could use an update. I found it to be quieter than I expected considering the location. The indoor was is a 2 lane lap pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
mccordd, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you so much for your review on Tripadvisor!

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Husband is a contractor staying here for work & he really enjoys this place... Indoor heated pool for fall & winter, fitness center, nice rooms with doors on the outside ... Close to many attractions when I went I visit. Not far from Hershey Park, Civil war Battleground, rivers & more .... I stayed the weekend & it was great. I never knew PA was so beautiful. This place is huge!!! Had a bar and nightclub too!!!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cheree M

Thank you for your response. We really apreciate long-term stays, let us know how we can make your next visit special.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Sometime ago I wrote a review when this facility was the Holiday Inn. I was pleased with the service then but now under the new management it is far better. Our group (approx. 50 persons) has been meeting here for a luncheon meeting for several years in April and October. The staff are so very accommodating and go out of their way to make our afternoon a delight.
Great for a function.
Personally haven't stayed overnight so can't comment.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your kind words, I will pass them along to our staff.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Well, that might be a hyperbole as the room itself was ok. The bed however, was a disaster.Something more out of a comedy called sleepless in Central PA. Hay would probably have been more comfortable. The pillows...? Chicklets. Completely unacceptable. I was waiting for Freddy K to show up. The bathroom was ok, but the over-all condition of the hotel was horrible. It reminded me of the hotel strips on Biscayne Blvd in Miami where you pick up someone off the street and kind'a hang out for an hour or two and leave the room behind...something like a $40/night hotel. But everything aside, comedy there is Mastercard TM, for a good night sleep somewhere else, priceless.

Room Tip: This hotel is for a heavy sleeper who can sleep on a rock or pretty much anything resembling a bed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
mccordd, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

I appreciate your feedback on our property and your experience here. I am very concerned that you got an impression that is inconsitent with our typical guest experience. I would love to discuss this further to make it right! Please contact me at the hotel to discuss at your convenience.

David McCord

Reviewed 8 October 2013

went there once when i went to hershey company, the room is large and clean, had a good night in this place. the price is a little high...do not know, maybe come here again later. oh...i need to try more, why should i need 200, just a hotel, that's it

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BIT2013

Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

One good thing I can say about this hotel was the Staff was very friendly and helpful. As for the rooms...Gosh. Stayed in one of the out-buildings. Lots of bugs/spiders. The door to the room had a gap so numerous critters were able to get in. The walkway and stairwells outside the room looked as if they were ready to crumble. The air quality in the room was awful. Filter door to the air conditioner would not close and looking at the filter, it had not been changed or cleaned in a very long time. And not to mention that the beds were absolutely horrible. So hard and uncomfortable. Don't expect to get much sleep. Other than that, the property did host alot of amenities such as 2 pools, gym, and a nice bar with a huge deck.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Online, Customer Support at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mechanicsburg
Country Inn and Suites Harrisburg West
Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg SW-Mechanicsburg
Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg West
Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg - South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Harrisburg-West Hershey Area
Radisson Hotel Harrisburg
Radisson Hotel Harrisburg
#1 of 3 in Camp Hill

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West? Share your experiences!