“Kudos to the Staff”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Indiana, Pennsylvania
“Kudos to the Staff”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night for a business meeting. The staff at check in was very helpful. Kim, our waitress that handled our dinner was very helpful and friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. Finally, while I know this is an older building, the room was very clean! Thank you to the housekeeping staff who spent time making sure the room was nicely cleaned. I did not encounter one staff person who did not ask if we needed anything or who didn't go out of their way to be courteous and friendly!

Room Tip: I had a room on the corner that was very spacious.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We booked 2 rooms through my Club Carlton rewards and I just wanted to say that I took a chance because I read all those reviews, which many of them were not what I wanted to hear! I decided to call and talk to management. Marcel was more than accommodating and to make a long story short, our rooms are great! We came here for a family event with two small children and 3 adults. The room is older but the important things were updated and VERY CLEAN and that was what is important to us! Thank you so much, Marcel and your staff for making our stay so for excellent!! We are here for the weekend and even though it's only Saturday, the first impression I know will make the rest of our stay enjoyable!! We will be back!
Jan F from Pittsburgh

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Marcel L, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your experience and positive feedback.
We are so happy to hear that you and your family had an exellent and memorable stay with us, and we exceeded your initial expectations.
I am very excited to share your feedback with the rest of our staff what let them know what a wonderful job they are doing.

When your travels bring you back to the area, please feel to book directly with us. We would love to have you and your family return.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback.
Newville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Park Inn Harrisburg West and I just have to say it was the best experience I ever had! From the minute I arrived to when I checked out, I felt right at home. The staff was very friendly. The hotel was clean. The bed was soooo comfortable! I also want everyone to know that there was one staff member that went above and beyond to accommodate me. Her name is Marcel and I feel that she is a true asset to the company! Thank you Marcel. Anytime I stay in the Mechanicsburg area again I wont even dream of staying anywhere else. I cant wait to return! -Jim C

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Rachel G, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
We are so happy to hear that your stay was a nice and memorable one. We are excited to share with Marcel and the rest of our staff what a wonderful job they are doing.

When your travels bring you back to the area, please feel to book directly with us. We would love to have your return.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback.
Loysville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Did a long-term stay for health purposes and local therapy. There were staff who took personal interest in my progress, even phoning my room to check on my status. This is a rare and gracious service. Nice room, nice pool, fun restaurant with good food and service. Whole staff is friendly. I wish to especially recommend housekeeper, Hilda-meticulous and caring. Also Sandy in restaurant, and Tony, Taylor and Rachel in management.

Room Tip: Handicapped room I had was larger, well-located.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Rachel J
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased to know that everyone here gave you their excellent service.

We will be sharing this positive feedback with all of our staff members and hope to continue to provide you with the service you deserve.

We look forward to your future returns with us.
Gowanda, New York
Reviewed 25 February 2014

the 1st room they gave us had not been cleaned, old underware on the floor, room was trashed...the room they were going to give my friend next to it was trashed also and not cleaned...we could see through the blinds. The second room wasnt very clean either. The front desk is nice and people helpfull but the rest is not very good.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris M
Rachel G, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Park Inn by Radisson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Rachel.

Thank you again for taking the time to express your concerns. We hope that if you are in the area again, that we can meet and exceed your expectations if you choose to stay with us again.
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed during a skating competition and unfortunately had two sick girls in my room vomiting during Andy's graveyard shift. I called hotel services and within moments, Andy arrived only too eager to help clean up the girls horrible mess. It happened again and again and every time he came with a smile on his face. He was very nice to all of us and reassured us that we were not a problem and that he would come back if need be. I am very grateful that Andy happened to be working that night because he was so understanding.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to respond and to tell us about your recent experience here at the hotel. We were more than pleased to hear about what an exceptional job Andy did, and am elated to relay your positive comments to him.

We were sorry to hear that people in your parties fell ill during your stay and hope that everyone is doing top notch now.

If ever traveling back in the area, we would love to book your upcoming stay.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This is is not a hotel. It is a motel. Rooms need updating. Although reasonably clean, the hotel had an infestation of stink bugs. We were their with a very large group and people in the group found stink bugs in the beds, the heating vents, and on the walls. The hotel staff were very pleasant but that did not make up for the bug infestation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank traveling_mama187
CarlsonRezidor, Online, Customer Support at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. The Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, PA and the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group will work diligently to ensure any claim is fully investigated. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.