“Wedding weekend”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Mechanicsburg
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“Wedding weekend”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed at this location to attend a wedding being held here. Found it to be PERFECT in many aspects. Had the lodging, swimming pools, restaurants, sports bar (and an outdoor one listed but not the right weather to enjoy that--perhaps another time)., space to move around, rooms for the bridal party to get ready, a beautiful courtyard setting with nice landscaping, SPACIOUS reception rooms, wonderful food!
The entire hotel staff was pleasant and friendly greeting and always smiling! The wedding coordinaters did an excellent job!

Room Tip: second floor...away from the main lobby/swimming pool. Too much foot traffic on ground floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Check in was quick. Front desk was pleasant and efficient. Room was okay, nothing special, rooms were small, dark and dreary. It also had an odor like Lysol and cigarette ashes. My first thought as I walked in the room, it was freezing cold! I was tired and wanted to nap but was too cold. It took at least 1/2 hour to warm up. The next day I had a weird conversation with an employee, she was older, smelled like cigarettes and made me feel uncomfortable. She was also way over the top, repeatedly asking if there was anything I needed to call her, she was from housekeeping. I would not have called her at all, I would have made sure I get someone else. Creepy Lady.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank P S
Dalton Ma
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My crew and I have been staying here since before it was a Park Inn and the experience could not be better. We come down for the Carlisle-Hershey car shows and if you are car guys, you won't get treated better anywhere.

Tracy always makes sure everything is perfect. They provide us car guys great [FREE]BBQ [FREE][never better than this years!] [FREE]and they even have complimentary draft beer for us.[FREE] :0)

Never a complaint on our rooms...Food is good in the restaurant and it seems like they are always giving something away, breakfast or appetizers, maybe even a free cock a tail!

And the price is really great even though we stay at perhaps the busiest two weeks of the year.

AND if you are lucky enough to be chosen as 'Guest of the Day' [as I was] It might as well be KING FOR A DAY!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Indiana, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night for a business meeting. The staff at check in was very helpful. Kim, our waitress that handled our dinner was very helpful and friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. Finally, while I know this is an older building, the room was very clean! Thank you to the housekeeping staff who spent time making sure the room was nicely cleaned. I did not encounter one staff person who did not ask if we needed anything or who didn't go out of their way to be courteous and friendly!

Room Tip: I had a room on the corner that was very spacious.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We booked 2 rooms through my Club Carlton rewards and I just wanted to say that I took a chance because I read all those reviews, which many of them were not what I wanted to hear! I decided to call and talk to management. Marcel was more than accommodating and to make a long story short, our rooms are great! We came here for a family event with two small children and 3 adults. The room is older but the important things were updated and VERY CLEAN and that was what is important to us! Thank you so much, Marcel and your staff for making our stay so for excellent!! We are here for the weekend and even though it's only Saturday, the first impression I know will make the rest of our stay enjoyable!! We will be back!
Jan F from Pittsburgh

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Marcel L, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your experience and positive feedback.
We are so happy to hear that you and your family had an exellent and memorable stay with us, and we exceeded your initial expectations.
I am very excited to share your feedback with the rest of our staff what let them know what a wonderful job they are doing.

When your travels bring you back to the area, please feel to book directly with us. We would love to have you and your family return.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback.
Newville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Park Inn Harrisburg West and I just have to say it was the best experience I ever had! From the minute I arrived to when I checked out, I felt right at home. The staff was very friendly. The hotel was clean. The bed was soooo comfortable! I also want everyone to know that there was one staff member that went above and beyond to accommodate me. Her name is Marcel and I feel that she is a true asset to the company! Thank you Marcel. Anytime I stay in the Mechanicsburg area again I wont even dream of staying anywhere else. I cant wait to return! -Jim C

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Rachel G, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
We are so happy to hear that your stay was a nice and memorable one. We are excited to share with Marcel and the rest of our staff what a wonderful job they are doing.

When your travels bring you back to the area, please feel to book directly with us. We would love to have your return.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback.
Loysville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Did a long-term stay for health purposes and local therapy. There were staff who took personal interest in my progress, even phoning my room to check on my status. This is a rare and gracious service. Nice room, nice pool, fun restaurant with good food and service. Whole staff is friendly. I wish to especially recommend housekeeper, Hilda-meticulous and caring. Also Sandy in restaurant, and Tony, Taylor and Rachel in management.

Room Tip: Handicapped room I had was larger, well-located.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Rachel J
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased to know that everyone here gave you their excellent service.

We will be sharing this positive feedback with all of our staff members and hope to continue to provide you with the service you deserve.

We look forward to your future returns with us.