“First time Last Time” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 116 Restaurants in Media
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
West Chester, Pa
“First time Last Time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

First time for my wife and I. Based on reviews we were looking forward to it, but we should have read some of the review here about inconsistency. Apparently, we were on the wrong side of the consistent part. We had lunch with our daughter and her fiance back from California. Very dissapointed with my soup, ginger/carrot (lack of taste) and my HALF sandwich was presented on a plate that was enormous for the size of the HALF sandwich. We all had to laugh at the way it looked so bare on the oversized plate. We all remarked how the filling in our sandwiches were barely visable let alone being able to taste what was inside. Shame, it had great potential but we weill not return.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cranium

Media, Pennsylvania
“Discovery of fabulous place to eat lunch in Media”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I live a 15-minute walk from downtown Media and never knew this restaurant existed till recently and I'm so glad I discovered it. I ate brunch with a friend and had fabulous breakfast wrap: egg, avocado, potatoes, and yummy sauce. The staff was very friendly, the place very neat and clean, food delicious and inexpensive. All in all it was one of the best breakfasts I've had in recent years.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Irvwr
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“So tasty soup...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Have not been here since House expanded, and love the new atmosphere. Little terrariums on the tables, tables covered with foil wall paper, burlap curtains, so Eco friendly. I ordered the sweet potato lime soup as did my friend, and it was pretty perfect. She ordered the house salad, crumbled Gorgonzola, Apple, pecans very fresh veggies. Everything came quickly, and salad was really enough to share. Do hope House can keep up with its reputation and not become too hip to handle.

Visited November 2013
“Never got to try it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Sat. 10/19 decided to try House for lunch. In spite of numerous open clean tables, there was a 15 minute wait. So service would be good, the hostess said. I just figured they were short staffed, but we got on the wait list and I said I'd check back in 10. Without missing a breath, the hostess replied 'I said 15 minutes' I must have looked surprised so she continued that it was ok to check back in 10. Came back in 12 and her response was 'your table will be ready in 3 minutes, at 1:46' With empty set tables ready, we were still going to have to wait the full 15. A House rule? I told her to forget it and, in all fairness, she tried to apologize saying she didn't mean it that way. I was over House at that point and left, so I'll never know what she 'really' meant. Maybe they are a little full of themselves right now. Or having expansion pains. Whatever the case, it was rude and unprofessional. They will find their 15 minutes fleeting if they make people wait with multiple empty tables visible and then don't make them feel welcome if they do opt to wait.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank beamazz
Media,PA
“Second visit for another yummy brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is like many cute little places in Media for a wonderful meal. This is our second time having brunch here. My husband had the brisket and eggs and I had the pumpkin spice chia french toast and a side of their home fries. The french toast for me was a total change and I'm so glad I got it. It wasn't to sweet or spicy and it was a perfect breakfast for a fall day. The butterscotch cake was recommended by the owner and a home run for sure. We will be back for sure very soon.

• Visited October 2013