“Underwelmed”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The buzz was more than the experience at House.
Service was intermittently attentive with gaps that left us without some essentials.
The place was not packed busy and the lapses in service harder to overlook because of this.
My brunch entree listed avocados but what I received was a teaspoon of avocado puree. My eggs were cold. The plates were not attractive nor garnished.
I just can't see myself returning.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I attended House for dinner with about 18 people. I was looking forward as was everyone else based on good reviews. Service was terrible and inconsistent. Some of us got our food in a reasonable about of time, others waited two hours while those of us who were served first, watched them eat. One person even manage to slip away to drive to a liquor store to buy a bottle of wine. When the individual returned, food still hadn't come out! They did a decent job of bring us bread (with olive oil for dipping) and water. Food was mediocre, at best. BYOB, if you go.

1  Thank happytraveler018
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Visited House with my daughter-in-law on recent trip to Media, Pa. We had an excellent lunch. Despite being very busy, the service was great and food was excellent. Highly recommend House.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

First time for my wife and I. Based on reviews we were looking forward to it, but we should have read some of the review here about inconsistency. Apparently, we were on the wrong side of the consistent part. We had lunch with our daughter and her fiance back from California. Very dissapointed with my soup, ginger/carrot (lack of taste) and my HALF sandwich was presented on a plate that was enormous for the size of the HALF sandwich. We all had to laugh at the way it looked so bare on the oversized plate. We all remarked how the filling in our sandwiches were barely visable let alone being able to taste what was inside. Shame, it had great potential but we weill not return.

1  Thank Cranium
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I live a 15-minute walk from downtown Media and never knew this restaurant existed till recently and I'm so glad I discovered it. I ate brunch with a friend and had fabulous breakfast wrap: egg, avocado, potatoes, and yummy sauce. The staff was very friendly, the place very neat and clean, food delicious and inexpensive. All in all it was one of the best breakfasts I've had in recent years.

1  Thank Irvwr

Been to House? Share your experiences!