“first rate local fruit and vegetable market”

Wolff's Apple House
Ranked #1 of 5 Shopping in Media
near Philadelphia, PA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“first rate local fruit and vegetable market”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Whenever i want the freshest vine ripened tomatoes and corn from local farmers, I head to Wolff's. They tell you where the produce is grown and you can count on the quality.
They also have gourmet cheese, dips, desserts, etc.
Pricier than supermarkets, but worth it!

Visited July 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“YUM - hidden gem of a farm market!”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I don't know how "hidden" this actually is as it's right off 452, just south of Route 1. I had driven by several times before I actually decided to go in, but I'm glad I finally did. One great plus is they stay open during the winter and have convenient hours (even in winter they stay open until 6:30). They always have a large selection of fresh produce as well as some dairy items, dry goods, baked items, gifts, ect. Now that spring is coming they also have a large selection of garden items too - flowers, plants and herbs and more. The prices on most things are very reasonable plus they have daily specials and usually a discount table with ripe fruits and veggies. Locally grown foods are clearly marked. They also carry Pequea Valley Farms yogurt and Hillacre's cheese, two of my favorites :) Apple fritters and key lime pie are also both delicious! They also have a detailed website that is kept up to date. I love this place!

Visited March 2013
Bulverde, Texas
207 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 835 helpful votes
“Wolff's What a Perfect Place”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

While visiting friends in Media, we wanted to make some Hubbard Gingerbread Souffle as well as Cauliflower Soup and Butternut - Truffle Soup...........so they took us to Wolff's. What a most wonderful place! Such fresh and beautiful produce and such a great shopping experience. We were able to purchase all things we needed to make our culinary delights, including the spices. The fruit and vegetables were quite simply amazing. We so enjoyed our visit that during the few days we spent in Media, we returned 4 times! We even purchased Mums for the front porch and the colors were so bright and beautiful. Oh by the way, the dishes we prepared from the produce we purchased turned out supreme. Wish we had Wolff's near where we live! I would go just to hang out in front of the wonderful fireplace.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Emil F
Philadelphia, PA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Great Produce!”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I grew up going to Wolff's for produce. It was the only store my mother would allow me to enter by myself when I wanted to be a "big girl" and get our family's corn for dinner or something + pay for it all on my own. Pete, the owner, is normally around and into what's going on. The kids they hire are almost always sweet and helpful. My husband and I now live a couple towns away but we always make a stop there when nearby. Their peaches, tomatoes, and corn are the best quality around. More expensive, but worth it in our opinion. My husband is from CT and he did not believe me when I told him hoe awesome Jersey tomatoes were... he was BLOWN away! He LOVES Jersey tomatoes now. If we have company I will make the hour roundtrip to Wolff's just to get quality produce. We also love their cider in the fall, and no one else can match their apples either. We particularly love the seconds they offer, which we use for salsa, bruschetta, and pies in the summer. Awesome! They have changed the store format over the years, offering more or less of certain departments, sometimes adding cold cases or taking them away, etc. but the constants (produce) are what we return for year after year. My dad likes to call this place "snob produce" but hey, you want the best, they have the best.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Boombafam
Upper Chichester, Pa
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“FRESH”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Many fresh fruit choices; prices are reasonable; real nice garden center with lots of flowers, shrubbery, wreaths etc.; other 'special' food choices like ribs, chili available periodically.

Visited September 2011