“Fun place with kids”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Fun place with kids”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Originally was going to Ridley creek state park but saw this was next door and had unique things that we decided to go here instead. We have 4 yr old and twin 2 yr olds. This was great place for them. Got to climb on tree houses and wander around. Was sort of like outdoor jungle gym. We didn't even get to see everything after 2 hrs since kids were getting tired. Will be back to see more. I think this is good place to hit instead of long wood gardens that I really getting expensive if you have young kids (who won't appreciate aspects of long wood.) once my twins get to 3 yrs old we probably would pay for membership and get to go a few times a year (spring summer and fall).

Visited August 2014
1 Thank nbell8

Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Don't go thru the black fenced in gate unless you want to hike”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

So, we were perusing the grounds and came upon a fence, looked at our map and it looked like it would be a short cut to the maze.... NOT. An hour later feeling lost, tired and thirsty we came upon human life who told us the maze was back where we came from. We didn't finish touring the grounds so I don't know what we missed. I found the arboretum lacking but the tree houses were ok. There were a lot of kids playing around so maybe it's a good family event. Moral of the story...don't trust the map.

Visited July 2014
Bel Air, Maryland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great for any age.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Of course we traveled to Tyler to see the treehouses. But we found so much more. This is an easy walking park, with both paved, wooded, and grassy trails. Your day could be as strenuous or easy as you wanted. The kids had such a great time exploring the tree houses and we found many hidden fairies. This was an easy drive from the Baltimore area for a day trip. We packed a picnic lunch which was great, but also needed only sell snacks.

Visited August 2014
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Tree houses galore!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

What a fun afternoon with our 8 month old. The shade of the trees was appreciated as we hunted for tree houses. The fairy garden was darling. Take a few hours to walk around and relax.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“More than trees”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is my favorite arboretum in the Philadelphia area. Yes, the trees are beautiful, and the walks are great. But the treehouses (interesting to young and old) are so much fun, they make the park unique, so glad they kept them up after the initial exhibition. You don't have to climb to enjoy them, and if memory serves me, you can walk (or roll?) into at least one. The woodland walk with the fairy houses is a new favorite, and the lilac bushes and hammocks are a special corner of the world. Critters abound in the pond, and I believe that the pond observation deck is wheelchair friendly also, as are several paths. I've never been there at the right time for the butterfly house, but hear it's also a must see. Their pumpkin festival is one of the best for young children. Call to see when the azeleas or rhododendron are in bloom. Longwood Gardens has gotten too expensive for me, I go to Tyler, so much more LAID BACK but lots to see and do. My favorite place to go for Mother's Day.

Visited May 2014