“Would definitely stay here again!!!”
Review of Quality Inn Media

Quality Inn Media
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Media
Reviewed 31 March 2011

My husband & I were coming to town to meet with family and we needed lodging centrally located to all of them-some were in Delaware county, some were in Chester county. This hotel was right where we needed it. When we arrived we were able to get an early check-in, since a room was ready. The lady at the front desk was very helpful & courteous. And she answered all the questions we had-politely.

Our room, although a bit narrow, was clean and modern. The bathroom had granite on the walls and an extended shower rod (which made it easier to take a shower!) The TV was relatively new. There was a desk with a comfortable executive chair, and although we didn't use it, there was a high speed internet connection. The heating worked well (almost too well for the cold nights we had!) The king size bed was comfortable, the sink/mirror area was quite sizable, the refrigerator/freezer was perfect and having the microwave was an added bonus.

My only gripe with the hotel, and not really sure it can even fall totally on the hotel's shoulders, is that the entrance to the parking lot had a few large potholes. With that being said, this hotel shares it's lot with a Denny's, so not sure who would be responsible for that. Also, making a left hand turn out of the lot is a bit tricky, but not impossible.

We didn't take part in the breakfast but it looked good as we passed by the lobby! There is a mall & supermarket (ACME) about 100 yards away from the hotel and stores, gas stations & restaurants all within a 10 minute drive. There is also a hospital that you can see from the property (which is always nice to know when you're away from home).

All in all, this hotel was worth the price paid. We've stayed in better places for ALOT more money, and we've stayed in worse places-for less, or almost the same money. This was perfect for what we needed it for. And when we come back to the area, the Quality Inn is the first place we'll call.

Room Tip: Look for Room Saver books. They may have coupons.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrissyS40
pa560, General Manager at Quality Inn Media, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2011

Thank you for taking the time out to write about the pleasant experience you had during your stay. It is always a plus to hear positive feedback from our guests.

We hope to see you during your future travels to Media, PA!

Reviewed 26 March 2011

My husband and I stayed here overnight so I could get to a business meeting in the vicinity early in the morning. It was reasonably decent and perhaps better than expected, though there are some areas where it could be improved, particularly since there aren't a lot of hotels to choose from in this general area although there is a hospital and lots of corporate offices nearby. I'm giving it four stars although my rating would really be more like three and a half.

Pluses:
- We checked in quite late (11 pm) and the desk clerk on duty was very courteous and efficient for that hour.
- Room was very clean
- Bathroom in particular looked renovated and quite new, and all bathroom fixtures worked well, as did the heating unit for room
- Fridge, microwave, ironing board and iron were all in room
- Complimentary breakfast the next morning had hot eggs, bacon and sausage along with toast, juice, coffee and cereal, and all tasted better than average for this type of hotel.

Minuses:
- No elevator, had to walk up multiple flights of stairs to get to our room on an outside porch.
- Room with one big bed cost more than room with two double beds.
- Our room smelled bad and we think it was a smoking room. However, at 11 pm after a long drive and with a meeting in the morning, i wasn't inclined to argue about it.
- Closet area for hanging clothes is tiny, which makes little sense given that the room is big enough for a real closet. If you were bringing more than one outfit you'd need a clothes rack.
- A cold snap was happening and when we checked in, the heat had obviously been left off in the room all day. The room was almost as cold as the outside. It did warm up when we ran the heat but it took a while due to the large size of the room. A bit of a rude arrival.
- In addition, the beds only had one thin comforter each and no extra blankets. We ended up taking the comforter off the second bed so we'd be warm enough with two.
- Although the free breakfast was good, the area for eating breakfast is tiny and we had to bring plates back to our room after what seemed to be an entire busload of students on a trip converged on the breakfast area at once. It was very hard even getting food without knocking someone's coffee over because the tables are so close to where the breakfast is laid out.
- The whole experience was not worth the 97 dollars that this hotel cost per night with taxes. It was more like a 75 dollar experience. So it's a little overpriced. Not bad, but for 97 dollars a night I'd like to at least see elevators and a larger breakfast room.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for writing about your experience with our hotel. We strive to always meet our guests' expectations and therefore I would like to address some of your concerns.

We do have an elevator on-site, although it may have been missed. We have spoken with our guest service agents to remind them to mention this at check-in, especially to those guests' staying on the upper floors.I apologize that you were checked into a room that smelled of smoke. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to select a more comfortable room for you if you encounter this problem in the future. Also, we have a policy to adjust the heating/air conditioning units based on the weather so our guests' are more comfortable upon arrival. I sincerely apologize that your room was overlooked, especially since you arrived on such a cold night.

I will be sure to share all of your concerns with the staff to make improvements for all future travelers.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2010

BUGS!! STAY AWAY!! When I woke up in the morning I saw two huge bugs crawling on the ceiling. Disgusting. (I wonder about the ones I didn't see). I am calling the PA health department and other regulatory agencies.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank whitehouse66
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Great value for its money! Had not one complaint at this hotel (and I can usually find something bad). The rooms were very clean, the beds were clean and comfy, free wi-fi, and free breakfast which included cereal, coffee, juices, eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels.....mmmm....bacon. There's also a 24 hour Denny's next door, although they don't serve alcohol. Housekeeping was good and staff was friendly. Would stay here again if visitng Media, PA or its surroundings.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Clean is the word to describe this hotel. One of the best I've seen, Totally refurbished, new furniture, carpet, flat screen TVs, Bathrooms that sparkle.. New bedding for a great night''s sleep. You will not be disappointedd with your stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2010

I have stayed in this hotel for years, starting back in the Mcintosh hotel days. I have seen it get better and worse.
My most recent hotel the first night, I had no maid service at all, the second night no soap or cups, the third night, no bath mat. This is pretty much what you can expect here. I stay here 2-3 times a year and have for many years now. I did find that under the prior owners, the hotel was in really bad shape but the rooms were always very clean, now the general condition of the hotel is better, but the cleaning staff is not doing a very good job. I will take pictures and add them here next time I stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Located very close to the Granite Run Mall, this hotel is everything you need in a budget hotel. There is free Wifi and basic continental style breakfast, and rooms come with a basic hairdryer and iron. The staff were friendly and effective. My only criticisms are that the sound proofing isn't too good, and the bathroom is studio-style, i.e. not a separate room. The fitness center is also very small with only one treadmill.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Media
Best Western Plus Concordville Hotel
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl ...
#1 of 2 in Springfield - Delaware County
Courtyard Philadelphia Springfield
The Inn at Swarthmore
The Inn at Swarthmore
#1 of 1 in Swarthmore
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley

Been to Quality Inn Media? Share your experiences!