“All change is not for the good”
Review of Quality Inn Media

Quality Inn Media
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Media
Reading, MA
Reviewed 17 May 2006

During the holidays my wife and I stayed here because we had previously good experiences with this facility.....However, while the room was OK, I found the manager had an attitude and was less than accomodating, bordering on RUDE....As I had booked through a travel service and not directly with the hotel, I was told that my rate could not be adjusted eventhough the gentlemen who signed in just before me paid over twenty dollars less for the same accomodation........Dennys was just this side of OK, but has changed considerably.......This location is very convenient for us on our trips to Media, but we will not be staying there anymore...............

• Stayed: December 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Aston PA
Reviewed 14 May 2006

For all of you considering this hotel-----think again..................I booked a room at this hotel for my sister and her husband who were flying in from Manchester NH for my son's commencement at Penn State University - State college PA. the commencement took place approximately 200 miles from the hotel at 6 PM. We left the State College area at 8:30 PM immediately following the commencement. When I booked this reservation I gave the person MY credit card information in order to hold this room. I also informed this person that I/we would be arriving at approximately 12 midnight. Since I had given him my cc information and was given a confirmation number I felt confidant that I in fact had a reservation. I was wrong. When we arrived at 12:05 AM, the person at the desk informed us that he had just given the room away to someone else for CASH, which he took out of his pants pocket to show us. He then proceeded to show me his telephone indicating that he had attempted to call my sister at home(in MANCHESTER, NH) to see if she was coming. Now let's not talk about how ridiculous that is, but he had my cell phone number, my home number and my work number(I live approx. 2 miles from the hotel). None of those numbers were called. Now I have booked rooms at this hotel in the past, ALWAYS for out of town visitors, ALWAYS using MY credit card, not the visitors, NEVER had a problem. The person on the desk told me that because the credit card was MINE not my sisters, they were not required to hold the room. OK, I don't know about any of you, but I don't have access to my sisters cc information, I have NEVER been told that by any of the dozens of hotel personnel I have dealt with in my life.
I say again-do not stay here.

• Stayed: May 2006
15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Bern, NC
Reviewed 11 April 2006

Let me keep this very simple. I am a Retired Marine and still work for the government. I have stayed in hotels around the world. This motel has the worst, most rude and most dishonest management of any place I have ever stayed, and that includes the Middle East. They will over-charge your credit card. They will promise you one rate, and then once you are there and settled in, will raise the rate and not tell you about it until it is time to check out. They will claim that people who gave you the original quote are not authorized to do so. They will call you a liar for daring to say otherwise. They will threaten to call the police if you complain about their lies and methods. If you decide to sleep in, your room will not be made up. These people are DISHONEST. If you stay there, you better figure out a way to PROVE your claims against their lies.

Or...make the best decision possible and go somewhere else. Places like this NEED to go out of business and find new management.

Stayed: January 2006
24  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 10 April 2006

The manager and staff were TERRIBLE! They gave away personal information of their guests to strangers, used profanity and criticized the hotel guests. A large wedding party stayed there last weekend (booking 40+ rooms)and the manager spent most of the night calling the cops. Several time the police came and explained that the manager calls often every day of the week under false pretenses. This manager kept saying we were 'gross'. He obviously had moral problems w/ anybody staying awake past midnight. The rooms were non accomodating and smelled horrible. The bride and groom were not accomodated w/ one King size bed but instead spent the night Lucy & Rickey style. When they complained the manager raised his tone and kept saying HE is the manager. The kicker? I told the manager I was not satisfied w/ my stay and would like to leave w/ a full refund. He said not only will he give me a refund he will give me $1000 to leave NOW. Then he called the cops!

• Stayed: April 2006
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Quincy, MA
Reviewed 22 February 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Mcintosh Inn in Media last weekend because we had a coupon but I wished I'd stayed somewhere else.

First of all, the front desk clerk was argumentative and rude when I presented a coupon for a discounted rate. We didn't get the discounted rate and were made to feel unwanted. Since it was freezing, my husband and I went to get some coffee in the lobby and we were watched very closely like we were going to steal tea bags.

The room was bare but clean. They did however have a good channel selection and the heater worked. My husband and I are heading to the Media area this weekend and I will do my best to find another hotel or motel in the area. I know I will definitely not stay at this Inn again mostly because the staff is unfriendly and unhelpful.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business
19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 November 2005

Needed a room in the Media area and there aren't many choices. With the exception of a few strands of hair in the tub (not mine) the room was clean. Basic accommodations but for $89 I thought it was fine. Denny's next door really went downhill since last time I stayed here (and I'm talking just about a cup of coffee & a "toasted" English muffin).

• Stayed: November 2005
5  Thank WLK440
maryland
Reviewed 7 September 2005

good but can be better

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Media
Best Western Plus Concordville Hotel
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl ...
#1 of 2 in Springfield - Delaware County
Courtyard Philadelphia Springfield
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Hampton Inn & Suites Chadds Ford
The Inn at Swarthmore
The Inn at Swarthmore
#1 of 1 in Swarthmore

Been to Quality Inn Media? Share your experiences!