“Good but not great”
Review of Mendenhall Inn

Mendenhall Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Mendenhall Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Mendenhall
Price range: US$0 - US$45
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hillendale
Description: Dining at the award winning Mendenhall Inn stands alone as one of the great destinations in the Brandywine Valley as you return to a time of classic elegance & charm. Entrees borrowed from French & classic American cuisine make dining at The Mendenhall Inn a truly memorable experience. Enjoy our all new family night menu Sunday - Thursday. Outside dining, weather permitting.
West Grove, Pennsylvania
“Good but not great”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We had a party of eight for dinner at the Mendenhall recently. Service was good considering the size of the group. Food was good but not outstanding. Several people had the appetizer combo of shrimp and crab cakes. The shrimp were excellent and the crab cakes OK. Salads were very good. Other diners generally agreed . In total, the food was OK and the ambience was very nice. It has been years since I have been here and use to entertain customers at the Mendenhall. Now there are many excellent restaurants in the area that did not exist then.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank cisboombob

Norwalk
“Drinks, Appetizers, Salads, Wine List, Entrees....All Good”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We had a very good meal there. The vodka martini was very well presented and good. The bourbon pour was generous. The salads were excellent. The snapper soup was wonderful. For entrees, we had the surf and turf. Lobster tail and steak both cooked to perfection. The choice of 2 appetizers for dinner was wonderful with many veggies to accompany. The service was wonderful and the wine list very reasonable. Would highly recommend the restaurant and the inn. We had a very nice stay here after a long day at the museums.

West Chester, PA
“Get someone to take you there!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Mendenhall Inn Restaurant has a lovely atmosphere and some good food. I've enjoyed it every time I've been there. My parents recently took us there for dinner on a Tuesday night. We were one of only several tables occupied but it was yummy. I had the tuna with a scallop and shrimp on top. Scallop was outstanding and so was the tuna, shrimp was good. I asked them to substitute asparagus for the spinach that it came with. Well they wisely gave me BOTH the spinach is DELICIOUS and goes perfectly bite for bite with the tuna. Could not have been better. The rolls - garlic I think -- were delicious too. The only less than perfect things were the iced tea -- I would skip that because it wasn't very good. My father had the crab cake and said it was okay. If you like snapper soup this is the place to get it - very good and comes in a nice sized bowl. Couldn't comment on dessert because I simply couldn't fit it in. Would go again in a flash (particulary if someone else is paying) and definitely get the tuna!

Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
“Good service, so-so food”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Went to the Mendenhall Inn for a birthday celebration, since it's close to home. The service was good, the decor dated & stuffy and the food just so-so. Several reasonably priced week night specials helped keep us moderately happy. You can bring your own wine and there are entree combos that are appealing. Both my spouse and I tried different menu items, but the food was just average. I expected better. I would not recommend this restaurant and probably won't go again since there are many better options in the area.

Flemington, New Jersey
“Nice atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at the Inn. The service was top shelf and the food was prepared well and each course arrived evenly spaced so that we could take our time and enjoy each one. Atmosphere was elegant and quiet and the candlelight was a nice touch. The Inn had a historic "colonial" feel which added to the ambiance. While the location is a bit secluded, it is close to Longwood Gardens and capped off a wonderful day.

• Visited September 2013