“for $70 its really not bad”
Review of Colonial Inn Motel

Colonial Inn Motel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Mercer
pittsburgh
“for $70 its really not bad”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

the rooms arent beautiful but for the low price this motel was a pleasant surprise. clean and the clerk was friendly. tv gets a decent amount or channels. our bed was comfortable. the poor reviews dont make sense to me. you cant expect a Hilton for $70

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank corinneandrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here while on our way to visit relatives.
The clerk at the front was nice. The room was old, mostly decor from the 1970's. The furniture (including the bed/mattresses) were pretty worn out.
For the price, I might have given it two or three stars, but it was noisy all night long. There were a lot of noisy guests and the rooms had no sound proofing. I was surprised that the clerk didn't come out and ask several of the noisy guests to quiet down. I'm a deep sleeper and I woken up at least four times through out the night.

A hotel that you can't get a decent night's sleep in is no bargain, no matter how cheap it is.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Travisman_oo
Sanatoga, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 May 2014

MERCER PA - The Colonial Inn Motel is lodging is run by a smiling and pleasant family that lives on premises.

The facility saw better days decades ago. Although the price (in May 2014) for a single queen was 30- to 50-percent lower than its franchised competitors on the other (Interstate 80) side of town, it has several drawbacks that prevent recommendation. The mattress was soft and uncomfortable, the decor is mid-'70s (has not been updated), towels and blankets are thin, TV is analog. Each room has two doors, inner and outer; we found the key to the inner worked, the outer (direct to parking) did not. Rear-side parking is potholed and unpaved; park at the front. We purposely did not try the free continental breakfast.

On the plus side the room was spacious, the lobby is open 24-7, the cable and free WiFi service good.

Room Tip: Front parking lot is best.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Joe_Zlomek
Horsham, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I am an attorney and I had a case in Mercer. I was traveling by myself so cost was a major factor. I got a super low rate through Expedia. The room was clean and comfortable. Complementary wifi was fast and readily accessible.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Mark J
Rome City, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed here for a single night while traveling for my business. I chose it because of its location and for the travel coupon I was able to use, which kept the total bill to $45. The gentleman (owner?) who checked me in was pleasant and helpful. He walked me to the room and turned the lights on for me. He said that they have been remodeling their rooms and from the number of mattresses on the backside of the motel, they have been working hard on that. My room was clean and comfortable and included a microwave and fridge. I had a strong and reliable wifi signal all night. This is not a new property and it does show its age. It will also never be voted the best motel in the Mercer, PA area. Having said that, I enjoyed a pretty decent night's rest there and I would stay there again if business takes me back to the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Rick D
Oblong
Reviewed 29 September 2013

When I went to the front desk to complain that I had seen a bug in the bathroom, I was hatefully told I was a lair. From the very beginning I was talked to like a dog. I was told if one drop of blood was found on the sheets I would have extra charges, If the furniture had any damage I would have extra charges, if smoke could be smelled in the room I would have extra charges. When I would not back down to his racial treatment, he busted into my hotel room. The hotel has two doors, one to the outside and one to the inside hallway. He came busting in from the hallway telling me to leave if I did not he would call the police. I gladly wanted on the police so the conniving owner could not add extra charges as the policeman saw the room and it's condition. The super 8 in Grover City is a really nice place.

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel are better.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank oblongil
West Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Worst motel I ever encountered! Room smell musty, mattress were bad, A/C did not work properly. I and my grandson have asthma we could not breathe in the room. We did not stay at this place, found a Quality Inn west of Mercer on I-80

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Dennis D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mercer
Comfort Inn Mercer
Monroe Heights Hotel
Monroe Heights Hotel
#4 of 4 in Grove City
Candlewood Suites Grove City - Outlet Center

Been to Colonial Inn Motel? Share your experiences!