“Tastes great!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 December 2013

After ordering our wings and salads, we played a game of pool and our very pleasant, courteous and sweet waitress came to ask us we wanted our salads with our meal or after our game. Tasty food! Nice evening!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Our waitress, Brooke was fantastic. However, we placed our order at 7:15 and it is now 9:00 and we still have no food (all we ordered was bacon fries). The food the rest of our party received was also almost a two hour wait and was burnt. Brooke was very professional and polite but I won't be back to eat.

1  Thank Katieminnick
Reviewed 21 October 2013

It was surprisingly good with a crabmeat topping. A large portion with 2 sides was $10.95. That doesn't seem overpriced to me. Yuengling Octoberfest draft at $3.00 is cheap. Place was clean. Service could have been better as the waiter, who was friendly and familiar with the menu items and area, had too many tables to cover.

1  Thank Raymond S
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stopped here for dinner on an overnight stay in Meyersdale on the Great Allegheny Passage. I gather that the trail has really breathed life into a lot of these towns, which is great.

However, I'd probably skip Morguen Toole if I were looking for a great meal.

The atmosphere was great, I'll give them that: funky and retro and very creative. I assume the live music scene is probably pretty decent, but there wasn't any the night we were there. The beer selection was also quite good.

But the food was just all right. I will say that the crab dip was amazing, so, if you go, I'd say, order the crab dip and some extra bread and just have that and a beer. I had a grilled chicken sandwich, which should be basically THE easiest thing to make on a menu, and it came out dry as a bone and the toppings were not what I had ordered. I was pretty underwhelmed with my companions' pasta and fish, too.

Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

A year ago we are at Morguen Toole and enjoyed it. What a difference a year makes! Obviously the owners have changed or they no longer care. The food was so gross that I was up all night sick from the crab cake. My patner had the stuffed flounder and it was very average. He too was sick all night with an upset stomach. However apparently they do still know how to make burgers and fries as the other 2 in our party said those were good.

Service is very slow and I think the bar keep is also the cook and the manager of the attached hotel (a camp ground is cleaner and more comfortable).

Will definitely not go back to this place. Worst meal I've ever had.

2  Thank RiRiTex