“Best place in the area to hang out!!”

The Morguen Toole Company
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Meyersdale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“Best place in the area to hang out!!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This place has great, freshly prepared food! Fries are amazing. I would recommend anything with crab dip on it. Also their wings are very good. I haven't had a bad meal there yet. I love the wait staff and the owners are very friendly and involved in the community. The atmosphere is second to none! A must see!!

• Visited March 2014

“Tastes great!”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

After ordering our wings and salads, we played a game of pool and our very pleasant, courteous and sweet waitress came to ask us we wanted our salads with our meal or after our game. Tasty food! Nice evening!

Visited December 2013
Somerset
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth the wait”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Our waitress, Brooke was fantastic. However, we placed our order at 7:15 and it is now 9:00 and we still have no food (all we ordered was bacon fries). The food the rest of our party received was also almost a two hour wait and was burnt. Brooke was very professional and polite but I won't be back to eat.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Katieminnick
South Park, Pennsylvania, United States
“Try the MTC Mac and Cheese!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

It was surprisingly good with a crabmeat topping. A large portion with 2 sides was $10.95. That doesn't seem overpriced to me. Yuengling Octoberfest draft at $3.00 is cheap. Place was clean. Service could have been better as the waiter, who was friendly and familiar with the menu items and area, had too many tables to cover.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Raymond S
Orlando, Florida
“Fine, but Meyersdale can do better”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stopped here for dinner on an overnight stay in Meyersdale on the Great Allegheny Passage. I gather that the trail has really breathed life into a lot of these towns, which is great.

However, I'd probably skip Morguen Toole if I were looking for a great meal.

The atmosphere was great, I'll give them that: funky and retro and very creative. I assume the live music scene is probably pretty decent, but there wasn't any the night we were there. The beer selection was also quite good.

But the food was just all right. I will say that the crab dip was amazing, so, if you go, I'd say, order the crab dip and some extra bread and just have that and a beer. I had a grilled chicken sandwich, which should be basically THE easiest thing to make on a menu, and it came out dry as a bone and the toppings were not what I had ordered. I was pretty underwhelmed with my companions' pasta and fish, too.

• Visited October 2013