“Not worth the money.”

Knights Inn Mifflintown
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mifflintown
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Easily the worst place I have ever stayed. We were going to a Penn State football game, and couldn't get a reservation at any place closer. The room smelled like mildew, and the furniture was from the 1950s. The window shades were two old dirty towels. The towels they gave us were old, dingy and small. The TV was old and the picture was not good. They advertised free Wi-fi, but we could not get it. The walls were paper-thin, and we could hear talking all night two rooms away, which kept us up all night. This was as bare-bones a place as I have ever stayed, and obviously would never go back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandra G

Reviewed 18 May 2011

We were in town for our niece's wedding and, with extended family, booked four rooms. The rooms were spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Our room had a king-size bed, sofa, and a refrigerator and a microwave. We were able to check in an hour and a half early with no problem. Our sons, in their twenties, were pleased with the free WiFi in the rooms. The price was right, and all in all, this family-run motel met our needs more than adequately for this trip.

We did get a kick out of the motel's sign, which announces that among other amenities, the motel has heat !

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank rhipple21
Reviewed 9 May 2009

very nice and clean rooms. we enjoyed our stay and service was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
5  Thank acura06
Reviewed 15 December 2008

We were in town for a surprise party. Had to book 4 rooms to accomidate all of us.
The smell was aweful, my bed sheets had patches sewn into them. The bathrooms had mold growing in the showers.

It was like we went back in time to the 70's.

The management was nice. It was quiet at night. The bed was comfortable, but the air didn't work all that well. The rooms were a little stuffy.

I liked that it is close to where we had to go the next day but I think the next time I will stay at econolodge.

• Stayed: November 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 28 June 2008

This was the first and last time we will stay in this Budget Motel. I can think on nothing positive to say about it. The smell was overwhelming, the carpeting was filthy dirty, the A/C semi-worked and the beds looked to be original equipment. Neither my wife nor I would take a shower in the bathroom. This motel is, in my opinion, uninhabitable and should be condemned and razed. Time constraints prevented me from complaining to the desk clerk as we had to be at a function, which was a 30 minute drive away. After the function, we booked a room at the EconoLodge, which is a short distance from Budget, for $2.00 more and was very clean and neat, had comfortable beds and a restaurant next door. Our last stop at Budget that evening was only to pick up our luggage on our way to EconoLodge. Take my advise, stay away from this one.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2008

I stayed there and i didnt like anything, the room was decorated as if it was the 50's, the cable did not come in clear, the bed smelled as if 2 smelly dogs slept on it, the floors were clean though, but the thing that turned me off the most was when i got up to get a drink of water in the middle of the night i saw little roaches running on the table. I called to the front desk and they said that i had to have been dreaming. i told them that if i didnt get a get a refund that i was going to call the board of health, so of course i got my money back and i left and i went to the econo lodge and oh my god it was soo much nicer there they treated me as if i was gold. but to any of the people that think that they may want to stay there i would think twice and spend a little more money and go to the econo lodge.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mifflintown
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 2 in Mifflintown
Quality Inn & Suites Burnham
Best Western Nittany Inn Milroy
Super 8 Burnham/Lewistown

Been to Knights Inn Mifflintown? Share your experiences!