“Broken Glass on floors, no refund given”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mifflinville
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Broken Glass on floors, no refund given”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is probably the worst hotel I've ever been in. We checked in to our room, only to find broken glass on the floor, which my 7 year old stepped on. To make it worse, while my kid sat bleeding in their lobby, they couldn't even be troubled to offer a band aid, much less apologize.

Now, 3 weeks later, I'm still yet to receive the refund I was told I would get; in fact, they are now claiming to have already processed it, which is not the case. I can provide bank statements attesting to this.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Patrick N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 August 2014

- Hotel lobby, room, bathroom seemed clean and well maintained.
- 18 miles from Knobels Amusement park (about 1/2 hour drive, really scenic drive, but right off I-80.)
- No restaurant near the hotel, just a gas station and convenience store.
- Hotel does not have a restaurant in the premises.
- There is a golf course right behind the hotel for those interested..
- Manager was helpful to provide information and some stuff that we needed.
- Room has free wi-fi (unsecured), mini-fridge, coffee maker
- Bed was adequate, A/C unit worked fine and was not noisy.
- Dryer did not work well - was not able to dry a very light load (swimwear)
- Free breakfast - eggs, sausage, danish, milk, cereal, juice etc. seemed adequate, but was not being replaced soon enough as items got consumed. Waffle maker did not work well.
- Indoor swimming pool - Water not warm enough, area had an overpowering odor of chorine (probably to be expected), No towels by the pool. Had to request some.

This could be a good option to stay if you are visiting Knoebels. if management paid attention to the short comings. For what I paid, I expected the place to be above average. I did not find that to be the case. I only booked it as other hotels were booked due to an event in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Baddyfan
Reviewed 11 August 2014

For a Friday night stay the price was not cheap, however there was a complimentary breakfast or powdered eggs, cereal, frozen pastries, waffles (no sugar free syrup) and reheated sausage. I can live with that, but I have a hard time with maid service knocking on the door at 7:30am in the morning, wanting to know if they could clean the room ....really ?
My room was very big, king suite, and appeared to be clean, however my reservation also included two other rooms, where my friends were not so happy.
One family had a cricket in the bed. The other family had no hot water, and was also waken at 7:15 am in the morning. The family with no hot water complained to the front desk, and asked to have the room changed - they were told no and hot water would be fixed, but it never was.
We will not be going back to this hotel.... no do not disturb signs available and hard toilet paper...yuck.

Room Tip: Do not choose handicap accessible rooms. Very small and no hot water.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank pcappucci

Travellers are raving about these Mifflinville hotels

Moorestown, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We were very surprised with how much we liked this hotel. Complimentary breakfast was great every morning. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Kids loved the indoor pool. Only 17 miles and a nice scenic drive from Knoebels.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jclan25
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was just a stop on our way to our actual destination. We arrive after a major power line went down...the staff did the best they could at a very unfortunate moment. Breakfast was fine in the morning, room was acceptable. I was under the impression it was a newer hotel, but that was not the case. I thought the price was a little high.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The price wasn't bad - stayed in one of the two room suites, and the free breakfast was decent. That being said - the carpets...everywhere - hallways, and in our room were filthy. The hallway carpets especially - they need to be replaced, as they are beyond saving. There are stains of various sizes and substances....not going to guess what has been spilled over the years. Our bathroom wasn't as clean as it could have been, and I almost considering wearing flip - flops going in and out of there. Also, upon our arrival, smell of (Indian?) food being cooked filled the hallway for couple of hours as we entered and exited the room. The pool needs to be re - painted, and the tiny exercise room appeared to have suffered a water leak sometime in the past - the ceiling still bore the signs of it. Overall not terrible, but needs work..ASAP.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ed S
Boston
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

One night stay on my way to the West Coast. Check in person was very polite and helpful. Now the other news. Place needs a good cleaning . . . stained carpets in halls and room. Shower curtain grossly malodorous, sounded like the people in room above me we moving furniture until 2-3AM. Call(s) to front desk about this not helpful. Ants crawling around in a bowl of individual jelly containers at "breakfast". Expected better from a Comfort Inn.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank lildoc01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mifflinville
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
Hampton Inn Bloomsburg
Hampton Inn Bloomsburg
#1 of 8 in Bloomsburg
Holiday Inn Express Bloomsburg

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!