“One of the best Super 8's I have come across”

Super 8 Mifflinville Near Bloomsburg
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mifflinville
Reviewed 27 March 2011

I stayed in room 209 there for four nights while inprocessing for the upcoming outage at SSES. The room was big and clean with a flat screen TV, fridge and microwave, and the nicest bathroom I've come across in a sub $50 room. I wasn't sure about what appeared upon arrival to be limited parking but everything worked out in that area. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 February 2011

just an overnight stay visiting a local college....The staff was very friendly at check in ...The room was clean....The heater was a little noisy when it ran...We stayed in a king bed room...the bed was very hard for us...but if you like that type of bed you will enjoy the sleep. more pillows were needed because the ones on the bed were heavy and flat as a pancake. Coffee and juice inthe AM was good..and staff was pleasant in check out. We paid $58/a night AAA. There are 2 hotels off exit 242 of I-80....This one seems to get excellent reviews...I would give it 3.5 out of 5...mainly for the hard bed, flat pillows and noisy heater...BUT...pluses were very clean and friendly staff...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ez2par78
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I have no complaints at all about this motel.The price was so reasonable,the staff was so helpful and friendly ,and the room was large and very clean.Every time I am out this way I would defintely stay here!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mariev1
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I've stayed here twice so far, en route from Ohio to New York City -- once in April, and once this month [October]. The rates are slightly higher between June and December, but still great for a property with rooms of this quality.

The newest rooms are on the second floor, where I stayed the second time; and which made the greatest impression on me (and the stay in which I'm reviewing here). The rooms are fantastic! There's a flat-screen TV, a loveseat, a clean bathroom, a large sink area outside said bathroom, and a work table. As far as computing goes, there's free wireless and a free-to-use workstation in the office.

Unfortunately, during both stays I've missed the complimentary breakfast. At least they keep the cereal out so I can get on my way without an empty stomach. Everyone I interacted with at the motel was friendly.

I rate the location as four stars because there's nothing to do in the immediate vicinity, per se. Although the location is fantastically convenient to a gas station, a fast food franchise, and the onramp back onto I-80. You'd think the rooms would be noisier than they actually are. The motel could also serve as a good launching point for a visit to Bloomsburg, just a few miles down the highway.

A nice, reliable place with good bang for the buck! Will stay again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2010

After seeing some of the reviews of the Super 8 Mifflinville, I had to give this place a try as we were going to be doing fun things for the grandkids between Wilkes-Barre (Chuck E. Cheese) and Bloomsburg (Childrens Museum along with Knobels). This hotel was excellent. Great service, very adequate breakfast, comfortable beds, clean rooms (the bathtub looked brand new), AC worked almost too well, good amenities all around. OK, there were a few minor problems. The tub drained very slowly and there was no rod or anything to grab hold of getting in and out of the tub. With no mat or anything friction-oriented in the tub, it could be dangerous for more feeble travelers. Slipping would be easy. I had to help my fiancee get in and out as she is not in great health right now. The rooms had both a good-sized fridge and a microwave. Both worked well but the microwave liked to chirp on its own so it needed to be unplugged when not in use. The TV (nice flat-screen mounted to wall) did not get perfect reception. The TV in the lobby got a far better signal. The internet was inconsistent at best. The nice woman in the lobby explained the provider is undergoing change and warned of the problem. Doesn't solve it, just admits it's there. Could be going on for months. When the signal was there, it was fine. Still, for the price, you get more than your money's worth in a two-star hotel. I wish there was a hotel like this one everywhere I need to stay! A real WINNER!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2010

There is not a lot of choice along Rt 80 and paying $75-$95 for a 12 hour stay seems a waste. Hence, the Super 8 Mifflinville where for $55 you can get a clean room with flat screen TV with more channels than I've ever seen in a hotel. The bathroom looked brand new and had cool shelving. The staff was friendly and breakfast adequate. Across the street is a McD's and Subway. Next door is Arby's and a 24 hr convenience store/truck stop. I could not hear the trucks from the room which was a plus.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2010

On our way to Chicago. This was a great place to stay. Not far from the interstate. The room was clean there were enough towels the internet worked well and we got a good nights sleep. Did I mention it was CLEAN and smelled good? The breakfast was adequate. And did i mention it was clean?

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mifflinville
Red Roof Inn Danville
Red Roof Inn Danville
#3 of 6 in Danville
Budget Host Patriot Inn
Budget Host Patriot Inn
#6 of 8 in Bloomsburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)
17 mi away
Best Western Danville Inn
Candlewood Suites Hazleton
Super 8 Danville
Super 8 Danville
#4 of 6 in Danville

Been to Super 8 Mifflinville Near Bloomsburg? Share your experiences!