“Not nearly as good as the reviews say”

Super 8 Mifflinville Near Bloomsburg
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mifflinville
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I stayed in this motel for 2 nights with my husband and children. The cleaning staff does a very poor job. All they do is make beds and put new towels in, but they leave the floors filthy. My baby's hands, legs and feet became completely black after he crawled on the floor for a few minutes.
Also, it's more than 30 minutes away from Knoebles and it's not a pleasant drive. So if you are planning a trip to Knoebels, I would not recommend this motel.
The walls are very thin and you can hear everything going on in the next room. I heard the alarm next door go off at 5 am and I could hear the people showering and then leaving their room and starting the car.
The breakfast is adequate and they have free WiFi, other than that I wasn't impressed. Definitely wouldn't recommend it for families.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank familytraveler201115
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Mifflinville Near Bloomsburg

Reviewed 14 June 2011

Stopped here on our way to Boston. Will definitely use this as a stopover in the future. Clean is number one for me and this hotel fits the bill.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 26 May 2011

My boyfriend and I specifically requested a non-smoking room as both of us are sensitive to cigarette smoke. We smelled smoke outside the door and somewhat inside the room, but when I looked outside, all of the rooms around us were non-smoking, and I could not pinpoint a source of cigarette odor. We decided that asking for another non-smoking room would be silly, since we were already in one, and just dealt with the smell for the evening. The next morning, us and the person in the room next to us were checking out at the same time. The smell of smoke was pouring out of his room. I approached him and asked if he had smoked in that room last night, pointing at the non-smoking sign. He said he had been staying there for five nights with PERMISSION from the owners to smoke. I apologized to him for the bother and went, absolutely livid, to the front desk to demand a refund. The girl behind the counter gave me a huge attitude. She told me that the entire experience was my fault for not bringing the smell of smoke to their attention the night prior. The hotel did not take responsibility for the fact that they had purposely placed us NEXT TO a smoking room that SAID NON-SMOKING. They said if I did not like the service their hotel was providing we could go somewhere else. I have had to pull teeth to get some respect from this company, since the hotel still refuses to acknowledge any wrongdoing. The people at the Super 8 customer service gave me the run-around and then some. After multiple phone-calls, I have finally been given $30 credit to stay at another Super 8. Joy. It certainly will not be this one.

Room Tip: Try the Pine Barn Inn
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lewisjennyl
Reviewed 27 March 2011

I stayed in room 209 there for four nights while inprocessing for the upcoming outage at SSES. The room was big and clean with a flat screen TV, fridge and microwave, and the nicest bathroom I've come across in a sub $50 room. I wasn't sure about what appeared upon arrival to be limited parking but everything worked out in that area. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2011

just an overnight stay visiting a local college....The staff was very friendly at check in ...The room was clean....The heater was a little noisy when it ran...We stayed in a king bed room...the bed was very hard for us...but if you like that type of bed you will enjoy the sleep. more pillows were needed because the ones on the bed were heavy and flat as a pancake. Coffee and juice inthe AM was good..and staff was pleasant in check out. We paid $58/a night AAA. There are 2 hotels off exit 242 of I-80....This one seems to get excellent reviews...I would give it 3.5 out of 5...mainly for the hard bed, flat pillows and noisy heater...BUT...pluses were very clean and friendly staff...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ez2par78
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I have no complaints at all about this motel.The price was so reasonable,the staff was so helpful and friendly ,and the room was large and very clean.Every time I am out this way I would defintely stay here!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mariev1
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I've stayed here twice so far, en route from Ohio to New York City -- once in April, and once this month [October]. The rates are slightly higher between June and December, but still great for a property with rooms of this quality.

The newest rooms are on the second floor, where I stayed the second time; and which made the greatest impression on me (and the stay in which I'm reviewing here). The rooms are fantastic! There's a flat-screen TV, a loveseat, a clean bathroom, a large sink area outside said bathroom, and a work table. As far as computing goes, there's free wireless and a free-to-use workstation in the office.

Unfortunately, during both stays I've missed the complimentary breakfast. At least they keep the cereal out so I can get on my way without an empty stomach. Everyone I interacted with at the motel was friendly.

I rate the location as four stars because there's nothing to do in the immediate vicinity, per se. Although the location is fantastically convenient to a gas station, a fast food franchise, and the onramp back onto I-80. You'd think the rooms would be noisier than they actually are. The motel could also serve as a good launching point for a visit to Bloomsburg, just a few miles down the highway.

A nice, reliable place with good bang for the buck! Will stay again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mifflinville
Red Roof Inn Danville
Super 8 Danville
Super 8 Danville
#4 of 6 in Danville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomsburg

Been to Super 8 Mifflinville Near Bloomsburg? Share your experiences!