“Pleasantly surprised by nice, new rooms.”

Super 8 Mifflinville Near Bloomsburg
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mifflinville
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I booked two rooms here for a spur of the moment visit to Knoebel's Amusement Park with another family. At $70 a night I didn't have high expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the rooms. Both rooms appeared to be newly refurbished and were clean, well appointed, and roomy. The rooms had two queen beds, a refrigerator and microwave, etc. The bathroom also appeared to be brand new.

The continental breakfast didn't have the widest variety, but was fine. A single wafflemaker could be easily overwhelmed if there were lots of people there at the same time. There were plenty of good bagels, good pre-packaged cinnamon buns, a selection of four cereals, loose fruit (apples, etc.), a juice dispenser, and a few other things I'm sure I'm forgetting. The breakfast area itself only had three tables, although there is room for more. I'd like to see them add a few tables and extra chairs.

The motel is right off I-80 and there isn't much right around it, except for a truck stop and a Subway sandwich shop. But, we admittedly didn't explore the area as we go there late and left early. There were several restaurant menus in the room, though.

Everyone we dealt with at the front desk was friendly and very helpful. Bonus points for that.

For those visiting Knoebels, it's about a 20-minute or so drive to the park, making this a good option for lodging before or after.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BriPhilly
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Mifflinville Near Bloomsburg

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed here on the way to New York City. The hotel is conveniently located off Interstate 80. The woman who checked us in - Bonnie - was so friendly and helpful. Our 2nd floor room was very clean, had new furnishings, and was quiet even though it is close to the freeway. The bathroom had recently been redone and the towels were big and fluffy. The price was very reasonable too! The continental breakfast was good - toast, juice, coffee, cereal, waffles. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor has steps on the outside of the hotel - not on the inside.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank NancyJI
Reviewed 5 January 2012

As I checked in it was nice seeing a smiling face at midnight. Check-in was effortless, and my room was BRAND NEW!!! Everything was very clean, and worked as designed, including the new LCD wide-screen TV. The walls were new as well. You can tell they were not repainted, it felt like a brand new motel from inside the room. The exterior is dated, but well kept.

Located between a Love's truck stop and Interstate-80, highway noise and idling trucks could be an issue for light sleepers that concentrate on noises. If your AC/Heating unit is turned on, it may drown out the noise. The motel is walking distance to Love's, Arby's, Subway, and McDonalds. The motel is located next to the I-80 exit / entrance ramps, and is about 2 1/2 hours from New York City.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank RailfanMotels
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I chose this hotel because they allowed pets. I was skeptical about cleanliness. But I was surprised about how clean it was. It isn't the Marriott or Hilton but all in all I would stay here again.
The Pluses: Microwave and refrigerator. The complimentary breakfast included waffles, cereal, muffins, bagels, toast, apple juice, orange juice, coffee, tea. A big plus you could walk across the parking lot to a Arbys and a convenience store. Walk across the street to a gas station and Subway. I-80 was right around the corner. Bathtub had a curved showerrod and the shower/toilet was seperate from the sink/vanity area. Front desk was very friendly and made you feel welcome.
Negatives: The tv remote didn't have volume control or a guide on the tv. It was an older tv. The pillows were flat.
All in all it was comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank bombays41
Reviewed 4 December 2011

they went beyond there service. after we left got all the way to new york before my son realized he forgot his cell phone, i called them and they had the phone and even shipped it out the same day to my house.I can't thank you all enough. it was inexpensive and clean that is all that is important to us. they were very accomadating.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Bargain Motel, Staff was very friendly at check in and during the Continental breakfast. Room had all of the basic amenities and was very clean. Will use this motel again

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I was looking for a motel for my daughter and i to stay in one night on a recent trip (9-15-11) that was "inexpensive" but CLEAN. This place was EXACTLY what I had hoped for. We were a late arrival, but the night clerk greeted us very warmly and chatted openly. The place was full of construction workers, but was kept immaculately clean - outside and in. We had a non smoking room with NO HINT of ANY smoke, clean linens,clean bathroom. I'll gladly stay here again when the need arises!

PS - Mapquest gives incorrect directions to this motel. It is IMMEDIATELY off I-80 ramp at exit 242..........VERY CONVENIENT!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Gary W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mifflinville
Red Roof Inn Danville
Super 8 Danville
Super 8 Danville
#4 of 6 in Danville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomsburg

Been to Super 8 Mifflinville Near Bloomsburg? Share your experiences!