I stayed here with a group of friends for a weekend. Here is a list of what to expect:
1) The staff at the office is rude and does not respond to questions. They appeared irritated with every guest who came in, like somehow we were interrupting them. They also make you wear wristbands... that no one ever checks. Staff isn't visible, and if they happen to be around, they're generally avoiding you.
2) Everything in the store is priced about $5 too high. There's a wal-mart down the road, stock up and avoid this money trap.
3) The quality is extremely low for what you're getting. They have small, dirty bathrooms. The campsites are small and all on top of each other. Do not expect to get your cars by your tents--this is just not happening unless you infringe upon someone else's space. At night, the combination of smoke from all the fires in such a tiny area makes your eyes burn.
4) You will hear the traffic on the highway all night. You may as well be sleeping under the over pass.
5) It's loud. Besides the traffic, "quiet hours" don't exist. You will have children running through your campsite. You will have drunk college kids throwing frisbees into your tents. You're all so close, it felt like one massive, never-ending party. I don't know that I would label this place family-friendly.
Save your money, your time, and your sanity. Stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- River Beach is located on the scenic Delaware River in the Pocono Mountains. This location consists of over 160 camp sites built on 18 acres of beautiful wooded grounds. Catering to both tent and recreational vehicles, this facility provides our guests with river trips, waterfront tent camping, 2 superior modern bathhouses, an arcade, laundromat and a beautiful camp store where WIFI is available. Our retail store located on the campground property, carries a variety of basic camping supplies, clothing and river trip gear as well as used canoes and kayaks. Kittatinny Canoes offers daily river trips for experienced and novice paddlers. Raft, canoe, kayak, tube, calm water and whitewater we have something for everyone, regardless of your experience level! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kittatinny River Beach Campground Hotel Milford