“Overpriced, Rude, Loud”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Milford
Kittatinny River Beach Campground
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stayed here with a group of friends for a weekend. Here is a list of what to expect:

1) The staff at the office is rude and does not respond to questions. They appeared irritated with every guest who came in, like somehow we were interrupting them. They also make you wear wristbands... that no one ever checks. Staff isn't visible, and if they happen to be around, they're generally avoiding you.

2) Everything in the store is priced about $5 too high. There's a wal-mart down the road, stock up and avoid this money trap.

3) The quality is extremely low for what you're getting. They have small, dirty bathrooms. The campsites are small and all on top of each other. Do not expect to get your cars by your tents--this is just not happening unless you infringe upon someone else's space. At night, the combination of smoke from all the fires in such a tiny area makes your eyes burn.

4) You will hear the traffic on the highway all night. You may as well be sleeping under the over pass.

5) It's loud. Besides the traffic, "quiet hours" don't exist. You will have children running through your campsite. You will have drunk college kids throwing frisbees into your tents. You're all so close, it felt like one massive, never-ending party. I don't know that I would label this place family-friendly.

Save your money, your time, and your sanity. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Faith5008

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Honestly I don't know why people have such bad reviews. I have been going here for the past 10 years. The last 2 years have been excellent. Because of the location to the highway and from my house it a perfect distance for an easy get away. The main part i love about this campsite are the prime river sites 182-179 are the best sites! I don't know why i telling this because i love them and don't want them booked up but they are the best. Bathroom and showers are decent for a campground. They are cleaned through out the day but can get messy and busy during peak hours in the morning and night. The camp sites are not that small, I have mostly stayed on the prime river sites about 5 times within the past 10 years and they're great. I think they say they only allow 6 people to the sites but i have had more and never had any issues. The workers are pretty easy going and have ok to great service depending who you get. There have been times when people get rowdy through out the night, so it might not be best for families. I don't have much experience with other sites within the location and price range but I love this place and will continue to come back. There are also sites for pop up trailers and electrical outlets etc. The Key Features for this site and why I come back are the river camp sites and the ability to canoe/kayak right to your site, when you book a river trip. Side Note the pond eddy to river beach is a long trip but worth it with the great spots to stop and eat or swim and rock jump, just be prepared to be tired. You can go from Matamoras which is only a 5 mile trip and rather boring part of the river with not many great spots to stop at. You could go from pond eddy to matamoras and drive back to the camp site, but that defeats the whole purpose of canoeing to your site. All in all its a great place which is very convenient.

Room Tip: Sites 181-178 are best!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bobby W
Reviewed 16 September 2012

The campsites were small and too close together, the price of firewood was rediculous. There was no boat ramp nearby where we could launch our boat, there is no boat ramp there and the only local public boat ramp we were sent to was in poor condition and we couldn't even get our boat in the river. The price for the weekend was rediculous and there was a detour that I wasn't informed of, and the water level on the delaware should be published on their web site.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank mercman1988
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Awful! All the reviews are right on. Unless you are into major party fueled disco dancing all night long. It was so loud with the parties. The campground itself is nice by day, but watch out for the all-out bases that happen every Friday and Sat. night until dawn. No one is around after 8:00 to calm these savages! NO ONE! The "prime" site we had buffered the sound only slightly. Not worth the money! Too bad, could be a nice place. Real bad! Do not stay here! BTW, this is my first review of anything, trying to protect real campers in the future.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Scott N
Reviewed 3 August 2012

although the river front tent site had a beautiful view and was quite peaceful (it was midweek and EMPTY, and now I see why) the grounds/sites were dirty (my Husband had to pick up all the garbage left behind from the last campers) the restrooms were absolutley disgusting!!!! do yourself a favor and bath in the river . I have to say when I complained to the woman at the front desk she sent down the young men who work the grounds(very nice boys) to clean up right away(but like i said my husband already cleaned). All in all, we will not be back. This place is way OVERPRICED! and unkept!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank karab h
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Welcome to “party city”. Seriously, if you’re a family and want to get away for a few days, forget this place. My brothers and families just spent several hundred dollars at this place. Avoid at all cost! We had two sites (premium as their called), right across from site 256. What a joke. The partiers on the ridge above us were up all night. Come on, have a quiet time at 10 PM and stick to it. Where’s someone to shut up the drunks at this campground?

Also, forget about solitude by the Delaware River. The cars/trucks from I-84 are so loud that the constant roar of the vehicles easily breaks any peaceful stay.

Don’t waste your money here!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ed N
Reviewed 29 June 2012

This is the worst campground, I have ever stayed at. First of all it is right by the highway, even though I had one of the campsites, furthest from the highway, right along the river, I could here the 18 wheelers all night long, it was so loud, that the ground shook. Besides the noise from the highway, others campers drank, and played music (Spanish) till 3 in the morning, when we complained to the young campsite employees, they basically laughed. If you are looking for a party atmosphere, don't like to sleep, and like to drink all night long, then you will like it here. Do not take young children here

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank Hilary45G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Timothy Lake South RV
#6 of 6 in Milford
Harrington House
Harrington House
#1 of 4 in Milford

Been to Kittatinny River Beach Campground? Share your experiences!