“Staff was barely working”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Milford
Kittatinny River Beach Campground
Brooklyn, New York
“Staff was barely working”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I booked a tubing trip for me and a few friends this August. While the river was beautiful and relaxing I was very turned off by the staff and lack of safety.

No one seemed to know what they were doing or care about anyone's safety. We got there early, checked in and were told to wait outside for our name to be called "soon." An hour later we finally boarded a bus but this was after having to approach several staff members and ask them when we were leaving. There was one frazzled 16 year old who looked like he was on his first day on the job with no training or instructions from management. I told him one of the receipts he was holding was my group and then he let my group board but honestly anyone could have said the same thing and I doubt they would have been organized enough to check it. No one told us to grab a life vest, we had to ask another customer where to pick one up. When we got to the drop off point the teenage gave a safety speech to half the group and I'm sure the other half didn't hear it. Moreover there was nothing to check who actually got on the bus and who made it back at the end of day. I don't think they even counted the inner tubes to notice how many made it back at the end of the day. Next time I go tubing I'm using a different company.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MRose427

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013

While planning a visit to the area I researched river tubing. I phoned Kittatinny and asked questions about the excursion and decided to make a reservation. On the date reserved, we arrived and were charged more than told on the phone, because I did not leave a deposit although I specifically inquired about a deposit and was told it was not necessary. The reservation clerk was rude about the miscommunication. The driver of the van did not speak to any of the guests on the way to the launch site and when we arrived mumbled quickly the safety instructions ended that "if we got in trouble to go to a bank and use the phone of a home or business for a ride, the number is on the tube". At the end of the river ride, which was enjoyable, no one was at the rocky rocky beach to greet us and/or assist out of the water, and there were families with smaller children with their hands full exiting with tubes and holding onto children. I felt I could have drowned and Kittatinny would not have noticed. I left feeling overcharged and undervalued.

Room Tip: On the river tubing, wear water shoes and the river is tame that a water bottle and/or disposable or...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Michelle H

Travellers are raving about these Milford hotels

Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We had an ok site , right on the parking lot but close to bathrooms and showers. the bathrooms and showers where clean and smelled faintly of bleach with PLENTY of HOT WATER. Unlike other camp grounds I've been to that cost 25 cents for 2 or3 min and the water was not even hot! The grounds where clean and well maintained , The staff was friendly. The only noise was from the highway not to much you can do about that . the river was great . It rained all sat night and sunday . a good excuse to lay around the motorhome watch tv and RELAX , which is what we went there to do ! Overall a great weekend !!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kenneth T
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Hi I'm Lillian!! I did not really enjoy this trip at all. It all started of with us figuring out that we had to park in a DRIVEWAY!! Then it was the very noisy highway plus we had to deal with cars driving right past us stacking canoes and trying to find a parking spot! The bathrooms were usually clogged but the showers were alright. If u do go to this spot make sure u reserve a spot or else u will be put in a driveway like us. Well I hope this was helpful Enjoy!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lillian G
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We have been going every year for the last 5 years. We book 2 sites next to eachother and its about 10 of us that go...4 if which are kids between the ages of 5 and 10 now. The kids love it! It is very close to the highway but it really isnt that bad. Its very convenient! As far as the bathroom issue, the bathrooms are immaculate up till 4 or 5 pm The woman sits there and scrubs it every day. She is a great woman and busts her butt until the animals come in and wreck it. The prices arent to bad. Security walks around at night and has everyone shut any and all radios at 11pm. Its annoying but, I understand why. Wristbands are mainly needed on weekends and they are checked on Fridays and Saturdays. I was just there from 7/11 - 7/13. my only complaint is there isnt electric on all sites but, aside from that, we like te place and continue to go 1-2 times a year

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle K
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Just got home from a 4 day camping trip here, 4 years in a row, people are complaining about the bathrooms, for the most part they are clean, the people who make the mess are the problem, we had a clogged toilet when we arrived, it was fixed that day, the staff is always friendly, NEVER had a problem, yes the price for things in the store are over priced, go to a ball game and tell me those aren't overpriced, the sites are a little tight, but we had 10 people on 2 sites, 6 adults and 4 children and 3 suv's no problem at all if you know how to set up camp. You don't need your car tent side, any campground I go to, I always stock up first, common sense!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Jj1562
Pa
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Highway noise is one thing. Dirty bathrooms, most bathrooms clogged up, told to call police when campsite campers across the way were making loud noises all 3 nights. Police were finally called when the campers across way were shooting fireworks off in woods. Horrible front office staff, no help about noise or clogged bathrooms Only nice guy was Mike who drove us up to our canoe trip. Went with High School Friends and partners. A wonderful tradition of getting together for this trip has now been ruined. DON'T STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Highway noise is one thing. Dirty bathrooms, most bathrooms clogged up, told to call police when cam...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mindy k
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Scottish Inns Milford
Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing
High Point Country Inn
High Point Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Wantage

Been to Kittatinny River Beach Campground? Share your experiences!