Kittatinny River Beach Campground
Scottish Inns Milford(Milford)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$85
Agoda.com
Good 3.5/5
Tom Quick Inn(Milford)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Good 3.5/5
Shawnee River Village 2(Shawnee on Delaware)
Average 3/5
All reviewsrafting tripprime sitetent sites aretentingcampfire
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2009

We were looking for a nice quiet campsite by a river or stream. We arrived at the campground and were given site 169 by the creek. The noise from the trucks on I 84 was loud, to say the least. We spoke with the guy in charge and asked for a campsite on the river which had less noise as they were all vacant. We were told that they were prime sites and in order to get one we needed to also book a river trip. Well, we did not have time for a river trip and were therefore denied access to a river site. These sites were not booked and remained vacant. We could not believe that we were denied access. But why??? THEY ARE EMPTY. NO ONE WAS USING THEM. We were staying for less than 24 hrs. WOULD IT HAVE BEEN SUCH A BREACH OF THEIR POLICIES TO ALLOW US ACCESS. I MEAN IT DOES SAY RIVERSIDE CAMPING. YES????? I HAVE ONE WORD OF ADVICE. DON'T GO THERE EVER!!!!!!!!!! PS THERE WAS GARBAGE IN THE CREEK.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LAMBYGURL
Reviewed 29 June 2009

i haven't even reserved the campsite yet and i'm already having problems with the place. they have ridiculous policies during the holidays people can't possibly adhere to. they are not very accommodating for large groups, and they're not sorry for it. the lady i spoke on the phone with was completely unprofessional and really b*tchy. she made it impossible for me to make any reservations because she kept putting me on hold. in the end, she hung up on me even though i was very nice and polite. if they can't even treat future customers nicely, then they pretty much FAIL at everything else.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2009

I've been going to this place since i was a kid, 20 plus years now with family and friends. We have done it all there camping in tents and now a RV (28ft Travel Trailer). River rides in a canoe, kayaks, inner tubes and rafts. Rafting you have to drive to another place like ten minutes away. Smallmouth fishing is awesome everywhere weve been on the river.

The camp ground is small. The sites are close togther. You do hear Rt. 84. Don't let that stop you. The site and river are beautiful. You can bring your dog a huge plus . The place is clean and well maintained. staff are friendly and helpfull. Maintenance picks up garbage several times a day and will even give you trashbags.Security is friendly and does try to make sure everyone has good experience at night. Site has a nice easy layout and quick access to the river. Restrooms are nicer than the one's at the gym i go to, most of the time. They do get muddy with everyone in and out of the river. They are maintained much better most campgrounds ive been too.

The sites have a picnic table and campfire circle. The RV sites have water, electric (30amp) and cable tv. Even free WI-FI for on the porch campstore. Store has just about everything but food and milk. There is a walmarts right down the road with everything (full grocery store unlike in NJ).

This place is just a hour from my home. I get a break I run up there a few times a year, get a site over looking the river #147 is our favorite site. With the way things are going these days I may rent a site for the season instead of traveling. Its close to home but far enough away for a great escape . anything you may need if not there is close by. Its a great place to camp in natural environment without truly roughing it.

• Stayed: September 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank NYGfan78
Reviewed 21 October 2008

We arrived Monday evening, the staff was very very nice. They explained how we were to get to our campsite and provided a map with clear directions from the Lodge.Firewood cost us 5 dollars a bundle. Campsite and surrounding was clean, no trash etc. Campsite included a fire ring and picnic bench. Trails were well lighted making the bathroom trip at night a breeze. The bathrooms were clean and we had no issues. Hot water was hot and readily available :-). There is a Walmart about a mile down the road when you exit the campsite( turn right). We were able to buy our food there as the lodge only has very basic supplies.

The guide that drove us to our site was very professional and the van was clean. He explained the rules and how to navigate the river etc.The river was shallow due to the lack of rain but we were still able to have a great time.

As others have explained there is a lot of truck noise (j brakes) at night. We didn't bring ear plugs but were still able to sleep at night. There were no other tent campers other than ourselves campsite was quiet.Most people drive their RV's here during this time of year.

We had a great time and will return again next year. Most likely when it's a little warmer.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Adventure30
Reviewed 17 September 2008

I stopped at this campground late on a weekday afternoon in late August. The office was closed but finally an employee appeared and said I'd have to use a credit card for a site or pay with the exact amount (since he couldn't make change).

The campground wasn't crowded, but as a previous reviewer noted, the sites were small and very close together and littered with trash--cartons from McDonald's, straws, empty cups, etc., were scattered across all the sites in my area. This was the filthiest place I've ever camped (and I've camped in all kinds of places, from clearings in national forests to resort campgrounds).

In addition, the picnic table benches at my site were beginning to decay. As another review noted, the bathhouse wasn't very clean either; one of the two washers in the laundry room was broken. The filth might be expected early Monday morning after a busy weekend, but late in the afternoon with low occupancy, the condition of the grounds seems inexcusable.

I don't recall the exact charge (I paid in cash), but it was more than $25 (maybe $30+), which is very expensive for a tiny tent site with no hookups. For tent campers, be aware that interstate noise can be a problem as well.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo