“decent for being in the middle of nowhere”
Review of Mt. Haven - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 12 April 2014

mt haven is my familys go to spot when we are visiting in milford. It is practically in the middle of nowhere but around the corner from my grandma. pizza is great, but its not ny pizza. the italian buffet on sunday/saturday is good. a lot of sauce based and fish dishes. but considering your options up there this isnt a bad one. the only plus for me was the pasta bar where the chef makes it in front of you.

1  Thank Bernadette2626

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is a great place to eat they offer buffets, take out, and sit down eating. There is a nice salad and pasta bar. You can bring home their home made sauces as well as some bakery products made on premises. Their take out packages are very very reasonable and you get nice portions always with the choice of a pizza and home made vanilla ice cream. Their salad bar is extensive always with fresh breads and soup as well as the many choices on the salad bar it isn't just greens and dressings. Their fish is wonderful as is their steaks, seafood, and pastas. We have been coming here for almost 15 years and not once did we ever leave disappointed. The service is good here and there are always plenty of servers to keep you well taken care of. There is a piano player some nights may be fri and sat not positive. There is a full bar if you prefer that type of eating arrangement while you enjoy the locals to chat with. This place knows the meaning of more bang for your buck too you can get a full buffet style brunch as well on the w/e. Early birds welcome before 6 I believe this may cover the w/e as well you would have to check their web site to be sure before you expect it and get let down. You will not be sorry you came here for whatever food style you have. Certain nights during the week are certain food choices as well as the original menu. Go ahead go... you know you want to!!! Mangia!!

1  Thank Diane T
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I wanted a few days away, we found Mt. Haven Country Resort and Restaurant ! We stayed for 4 days in a room that had a fire place, jacuzzi, and was very cozy. The price was right and we decided for the VIP package which included breakfast and dinner. I was concerned, when booking but found that the food was out of this world!!! I am watching my diet, and found no matter what I ask for they had, the chief cooked everything I requested, when asking for no butter or oil.....the salmon was Great,along with steak,lobster. Everything was fresh, salad bar had everything, Unbelievable The service we received was outstanding. Julie made us feel at home as well as The entire staff....I want to add, this was durning the first winter storm of 2014 and they didn't miss a beat. There was nothing we wanted or needed that they didn't have. Hats off to Andy, John and the family for a wonderful 4 day vacation! We will be seeing you all soon ......The Tomblins from Staten Island

1  Thank Debra J
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Last night I took my mother for her 85th birthday dinner to Mt. Haven. I had made reservations and asked if possible ,a birthday cake. There were 4 of us. We were pleasantly greeted and seated by the fireplace.We ordered 2 seafood specials ( shrimp cocktail, lobster, little neck clams, and mussels) ,duck dinner and an Italian Favorites dish with eggplant, chicken and shrimp parmesan. In addition they have a full salad bar and also a pasta bar where you can request your pasta with a choice of sauces and pastas. Everyone was in agreement that the food was excellent. The waitress, while unnoticed by us kept such a good eye on our table ,refreshing our drinks, taking away empty dishes making sure we had all that we needed. At the end of the meal, she brought a birthday cake and sang Happy Birthday. To end the evening, the proprietor of the restaurant came over to wish my mom a Happy Birthday. It was a perfect ending to a perfect evening.

1  Thank Silverfox957
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We have frequently gone to Mr. Haven's restaurant. Good service and we like Sukie, our waitress if we can get her. They are all very friendly up there and will do anything to make your visit a good one. They have the daily specials as well as an early bird special.
My in-laws live up there and like to go for special occasions because it's a buffet or we can order off a menu so everyone is happy. If you order off the menu the meal comes with the pasta bar. The pasta bar has several different pastas(linguini, bowties, penne, etc...) to choose from as well as different sauces(marinara, vodka, meat, clam, alfredo). The chef puts them in a pan and heats them up for you.
You also get the salad bar with your meal: bread, soup, a few green salads, loads of veggies, cheese, croutons, bacon bits, dressings and other salads like cole slaw, etc...
If you pay for the other buffet there is usually some meat and pasta dishes there as well as a carving station. That also comes with a dessert buffet.
Holidays are nice because they have a person playing a piano. We've gone for Mother's Day and the place is packed. You have to make a reservation.
Basically it's an older Pocono resort with a big open room where the guests eat average food.

1  Thank theschnoz