“Charming Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tom Quick Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Milford
Tom Quick Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Milford
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Charming Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I love this charming inn - it's like something out of a fairytale. My husband and I have stayed here twice and it's a favorite place for us to stay when we get out of Pittsburg for a weekend.

The food in the dining room is amazing, almost beyond words it's that good. The staff here is helpful, courteous, and friendly. Would highly recommend this historic inn.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diana K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Whoever wrote the "shouldn't be a hotel" review, shouldn't be a reviewer. The place is a chaming Inn in a charming little town in the Poconos (northeast Poconos to be exact). I didn't hear any music, except when I went into the nightclub which was a lot of fun, and a nice surprise. Not that many places of this type are able to offer a night life. All in all, this place was a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the South Side are newer.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank salvatore c
NYC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

The live music started at 9 p.m. and I could hear it in my hotel room, straight through the floor. It was impossible to sleep. At midnight, I went down and complained about the music, and they did stop playing (which was sort of amazing/surprising -- maybe they stopped because it was midnight), but I shouldn't have needed to do that. Basically the ground floor live music and a second floor hotel directly above are not compatible. The hotel was otherwise generally very unimpressive. A lot of things you expect in a hotel weren't there. A writing desk. A chair for the desk. Kleenex to blow your nose. A telephone to the front desk. Actually there was no front desk come to think of it, just the bar downstairs. They have digital locks for the doors, but "the batteries kept dying, so we just use the keys." They didn't have my reservation written down in their binder, so they had to find it online. They had already rented my room to someone else, but gave me another room with a smaller bed than the king size bed I had paid for. Also there was a fight downstairs in front of the bar. Thoroughly unimpressive. I hear the place is up for sale again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joshua S

Travellers are raving about these Milford hotels

Port Jervis, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Went to stay at the Tom Quick the other week. It was so warm and comfortable it felt like i was in my own home. The staff was so welcoming to us. We were also told that they had a new menu. So after we got all of our stuff up to the room we came back down to eat dinner the food was great and affordable. i will be going back there to stay it was great. The only thing that i did notice there was a light bulb out in the dinning room.

Room Tip: Room 4 is beautiful!!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
HIGHLAND LAKES
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

I stayed at the Tom Quick Inn for one night while attending a conference in Milford. I booked online for a room with 2 beds. Check in is at the bar downstairs, and I was not thrilled with having to stand at a bar waiting to check in with the bartender after she took care of her customers who needed beverages. I also noted the musician setting up and was a little wary of having to sleep right above that. When we got to the room, we discovered it was a room with just one bed. My confirmation said double for 2 but the reservation book said single for 1. Don't know where that break down came. However, they were kind enough to upgrade us (at no extra charge) to a 2 room suite, which was more that needed but all they had left with 2 beds. The manager kindly helped us get our things to the new room. The room had obviously been redecorated very recently and it was lovely. Everything was brand new, including the bathroom fixtures.My friend and I both noted in the morning how extremely comfortable the beds were. We both suffer with stiffness in the morning and were pleasantly surprised. On rising early I went to the smaller room to read so as not to bother my friend. I will say that while our room was very quiet, the smaller room faced the street and there was quite a bit of traffic noise even at 5:30 am. Had I been sleeping in that room I would say my sleep wouldn't have been as good. We needed to leave a little before 8 in the morning and there was no one available to check us out, no dropbox for keys (they use old fashioned keys for the rooms) and no instruction on what to do, so we just left our keys in our room and took off which I found a bit disconcerting. My overall impression is that someone did a lot of work redecorating and renovating the rooms but aside from that it almost seems like the lodging is just an afterthought to the bar/restaurant, with no one really attending to it. That said I would stay here again, since the room was so nice. I was in a meeting all day so didn't get to see much of the area but it did seem like a cute little town that would warrant some exploration. I would be sure to book by phone and confirm everything before getting there. Also, the website could be improved by having pictures and descriptions of individual rooms.

Note: as another reviewer mentioned, this is a historic hotel with steep stairs and no elevator so not a good choice for anyone with mobility issues.

Room Tip: Rooms 1-4 are on the 2nd floor directly above a bar and restaurant with live music (at least when I...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

This place just changed hands, was renovated (in period) and reopened. We were so lucky to trip upon it (no one knows it is open for business again) just after hurricane Irene. All the hotels in the area were full and it was late. We could not have been treated any better. (Actually the helpful bartender in the sports bar, let us our room) The charming , charming room could use a few pictures on the walls and a telephone to the front desk, but I am sure it will have them in time. In the meantime, the rooms are spacious and gracious and comfortable.
I love to stop in Milford when traveling across that part of the country (it's so much nicer than choosing some value hotel on the highway) but the hotel choice is very bleak. Now I have the Tom Quick Inn.

Room Tip: This is an old Inn, with rather steep stairs. If you have lots of luggage to carry, request a room...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Berwyn, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

We recently stayed at the Tom Quick, and I do not think they have really reopened yet. No one was expecting us when we arrived. Our bed had no linens on it, the tv cabinet had a damp towel on top of it, there was a ceiling tile missing, and the TV was not even plugged in. I read on the website that they have recently opened after 10 years away, so I guess they are just not done with the renovations yet. Call and make sure they have a finished room for you before you book.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alknecht
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Hotel Fauchere
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#6 of 6 in Milford
High Point Country Inn

Been to Tom Quick Inn? Share your experiences!