“Dont stay here”

Add it.
Tom Quick Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Milford
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I recently stayed here and was extremely disappointed - the place looked completely closed. The restaurant and bar were closed - and I was starting to wonder if I even had a room when we walked in. A very nice man, James took care to give my friend and I a lovely room with 2 large queen beds and an extra room which we didn't need. At first glance it seemed fine but there was a huge layer of dust on everything. The bathroom was clean and that was good but I felt gross in the bed - I did check the sheets for and bedbugs and the AC was totally inadequate that with the heat and dust I had terrible allergies and couldn't sleep well at all. I do think my lesson is to call said establishment and really make sure it is up to saying what it is. I even overheard someone saying they only give us 10 - 12 min. to clean each room - so I guess they thought they better skip the swifter.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Susan C

Reviewed 28 May 2012

This place was just plane awful... And I am being nice.
You check in at the saloon, and get you key... The room was sparse, dirty, and smelled of smoke... Oh, and the door would not lock, rather it would lock but not unlock, but worry not, the nice bouncer from the saloon downstairs knows how to crawl outside via the fire escape and go in thru the window to unlock the door!
Good luck sleeping, the bar remains open till 1 or 2 and you hear it all, and smell the cigarette smoke. This place cost over $100 for the night, UNBELIVABLE!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OspreyElephant
Reviewed 8 May 2012

The Tom Quick Inn was built in the 1800s and has been remodeled multiple times during the course of their history. The current staff has very kind, caring and friendly people. Check in is at the bar located on the main floor. They keep their records in a binder that’s behind the bar. We made our reservations online, booking a specific room with specific accommodations. We received a confirmation of the booking online. When we arrived at about 4:00 P.M., the room we booked was not available. We were shown to a very small room with two double beds. When we politely explained that we booked a king sized bed, we were shown to a room that hadn’t been cleaned in quite a while (not the room we booked). We were offered drinks at the bar while we waited for them to clean this room. Our friends saw housekeeping take the carpet from the room and throw it on the roof. When we got into the room we found a plastic fork in the bed and no soap or shampoo in the bathroom. We let the same folks that checked us in know about the lack of soap and shampoo. We were assured that this would be remedied. We went out to a nearby party and returned at about 11:00 P.M. Still no soap or shampoo. The same lady that arranged for the room to be cleaned had to drive somewhere to get us the soap and shampoo. That arrived sometime after midnight. When we got up in the morning I went to take a shower and there was no hot water. Not even warm. While I was waiting for the water to get hot, I found that the water wasn’t draining. So now I’m standing in a tub with cold water and a clogged drain taking an ice cold shower. Not fun. We spoke with another couple that had no heat. We left around 10:00 A.M. and there was no one around to speak with, so we just locked up and left. In conclusion, the people couldn’t be nicer, but they need someone with experience managing a hotel to help out there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeachDLT-50
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Me and my wife were on a business trip to finish a contract in New York. We had some extra time to play around. Someone we met on our flight recommended this place as a hidden gem. I've always been the type for Victorian style architecture, and love the whole 1800's feeling. We loved the staff, everything was on time, the beds are very comfortable. All in all this trip made my wife very happy. It kind of re-united us in a different way. I would have to recommend this place to everyone. It has a really good vibe to it. We really enjoyed our stay. And will definitely be back when we are in the area again. Thanks guys!!!!!! Five stars!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mike33093
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I love this charming inn - it's like something out of a fairytale. My husband and I have stayed here twice and it's a favorite place for us to stay when we get out of Pittsburg for a weekend.

The food in the dining room is amazing, almost beyond words it's that good. The staff here is helpful, courteous, and friendly. Would highly recommend this historic inn.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diana K
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Whoever wrote the "shouldn't be a hotel" review, shouldn't be a reviewer. The place is a chaming Inn in a charming little town in the Poconos (northeast Poconos to be exact). I didn't hear any music, except when I went into the nightclub which was a lot of fun, and a nice surprise. Not that many places of this type are able to offer a night life. All in all, this place was a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the South Side are newer.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank salvatore c
Reviewed 13 December 2011

The live music started at 9 p.m. and I could hear it in my hotel room, straight through the floor. It was impossible to sleep. At midnight, I went down and complained about the music, and they did stop playing (which was sort of amazing/surprising -- maybe they stopped because it was midnight), but I shouldn't have needed to do that. Basically the ground floor live music and a second floor hotel directly above are not compatible. The hotel was otherwise generally very unimpressive. A lot of things you expect in a hotel weren't there. A writing desk. A chair for the desk. Kleenex to blow your nose. A telephone to the front desk. Actually there was no front desk come to think of it, just the bar downstairs. They have digital locks for the doors, but "the batteries kept dying, so we just use the keys." They didn't have my reservation written down in their binder, so they had to find it online. They had already rented my room to someone else, but gave me another room with a smaller bed than the king size bed I had paid for. Also there was a fight downstairs in front of the bar. Thoroughly unimpressive. I hear the place is up for sale again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joshua S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
Hotel Fauchere
Hampton Inn Matamoras
#1 of 2 in Matamoras
Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta

Been to Tom Quick Inn? Share your experiences!