Tom Quick Inn
Scottish Inns Milford(Milford)(Great Value!)
Rodeway Inn(Milford)
US$117
US$101
BestWestern.com
US$101
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 October 2012

As other recent guests have indicated the operation is on life support. They must have some long-term guests staying there and the occasional tourist in order to even keep the doors open.

We had been to Milford a couple years ago and when my wife and I had a chance to getaway for the weekend we thought of the TQ. You seem to only be able to book online, so after reviewing all the nice rooms we chose #4. When we got there we did not get the same room we thought we had booked. Didn't dawn on us until we got settled in. The first thing we noticed was that the wood floor had probably not seen a broom or mop for some time. The bathroom was pretty clean, though. The view was out onto the roof of the low adjoining section of the building and had old carpet just tossed out after it had been yanked out of one of the other rooms. Not very aesthetically appealing is all I can say.

Since there was no food or bar we moseyed down to the Dimmick Inn at the main intersection "downtown" where we had eaten before. We decided that next time we wanted to head up Milford way we'll just stay there next time and see how it is... It has that same old-timey ambiance we were looking for in the TQ

Room Tip: Doesn't matter what room you choose - you get something else...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BobWestOfPhilly
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I recently stayed here and was extremely disappointed - the place looked completely closed. The restaurant and bar were closed - and I was starting to wonder if I even had a room when we walked in. A very nice man, James took care to give my friend and I a lovely room with 2 large queen beds and an extra room which we didn't need. At first glance it seemed fine but there was a huge layer of dust on everything. The bathroom was clean and that was good but I felt gross in the bed - I did check the sheets for and bedbugs and the AC was totally inadequate that with the heat and dust I had terrible allergies and couldn't sleep well at all. I do think my lesson is to call said establishment and really make sure it is up to saying what it is. I even overheard someone saying they only give us 10 - 12 min. to clean each room - so I guess they thought they better skip the swifter.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Susan C
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This place was just plane awful... And I am being nice.
You check in at the saloon, and get you key... The room was sparse, dirty, and smelled of smoke... Oh, and the door would not lock, rather it would lock but not unlock, but worry not, the nice bouncer from the saloon downstairs knows how to crawl outside via the fire escape and go in thru the window to unlock the door!
Good luck sleeping, the bar remains open till 1 or 2 and you hear it all, and smell the cigarette smoke. This place cost over $100 for the night, UNBELIVABLE!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OspreyElephant
Reviewed 8 May 2012

The Tom Quick Inn was built in the 1800s and has been remodeled multiple times during the course of their history. The current staff has very kind, caring and friendly people. Check in is at the bar located on the main floor. They keep their records in a binder that’s behind the bar. We made our reservations online, booking a specific room with specific accommodations. We received a confirmation of the booking online. When we arrived at about 4:00 P.M., the room we booked was not available. We were shown to a very small room with two double beds. When we politely explained that we booked a king sized bed, we were shown to a room that hadn’t been cleaned in quite a while (not the room we booked). We were offered drinks at the bar while we waited for them to clean this room. Our friends saw housekeeping take the carpet from the room and throw it on the roof. When we got into the room we found a plastic fork in the bed and no soap or shampoo in the bathroom. We let the same folks that checked us in know about the lack of soap and shampoo. We were assured that this would be remedied. We went out to a nearby party and returned at about 11:00 P.M. Still no soap or shampoo. The same lady that arranged for the room to be cleaned had to drive somewhere to get us the soap and shampoo. That arrived sometime after midnight. When we got up in the morning I went to take a shower and there was no hot water. Not even warm. While I was waiting for the water to get hot, I found that the water wasn’t draining. So now I’m standing in a tub with cold water and a clogged drain taking an ice cold shower. Not fun. We spoke with another couple that had no heat. We left around 10:00 A.M. and there was no one around to speak with, so we just locked up and left. In conclusion, the people couldn’t be nicer, but they need someone with experience managing a hotel to help out there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeachDLT-50
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Me and my wife were on a business trip to finish a contract in New York. We had some extra time to play around. Someone we met on our flight recommended this place as a hidden gem. I've always been the type for Victorian style architecture, and love the whole 1800's feeling. We loved the staff, everything was on time, the beds are very comfortable. All in all this trip made my wife very happy. It kind of re-united us in a different way. I would have to recommend this place to everyone. It has a really good vibe to it. We really enjoyed our stay. And will definitely be back when we are in the area again. Thanks guys!!!!!! Five stars!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family