“Another Romantic Weekend”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Country Inn
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Another fantastic dinner at the River Rock. Fabulous food, wine & service! Best pesto ever, & the crab & watermelon soup was a real treat! Bravo!

1  Thank Allison S

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Two of us dined at the River Rock Inn on June 27, 2013 at 6:30 pm. We had the main dining room to ourselves. There was a small party on an adjacent enclosed area.The food was superb. We both started with the daily soup. I had one of the daily specials; my wife enjoyed a salmon selection from the main menu - both accompanied by a very good Merlot from the Napa Valley. We shared an excellent dessert. The service was very good and we had a brief conversation with "Kenny" they chef/owner as we were leaving. The decor is in great need of updating, but the food is worth the tired setting.

rivrock, Owner at River Rock Inn American Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank You for the kind review and we do have some major changes in store for the dining and bar areas for next year. I hope you can stop by again and check out the new alterations.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

The lobster meal with stuffed crabmeat was so tasty, Two others enjoyed the regular lobster and the fourth person had a very nice swordfish dinner. The corn was cooked a bit too long, but was still okay. There was plenty to eat which resulted in no room for dessert.

The negatives are that the pace of serving was not smooth and the seating was tight.

All said, I would return when I am in Milford.

1  Thank Traveler2AM
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Just stopped in to the River Rock on a whim for dinner tonight. My dinner was wonderful and the service was so warm and friendly. Our server didn't hover but seemed to always arrive just in time when our wine and water glasses needed attention or our empty plates needed to be removed. I really didn't expect the high level of service midweek in the off-season that I have previously experienced during the summer "peak season" but was so pleasantly surprised! The menu was interesting, our dinner was delicious and I was glad to reacquaint myself with one of Milford's best restaurants. Thanks to the staff and management for a lovely evening. Looking forward to coming back soon!

3  Thank Allison S
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Delicious food. Friendly staff. Nice atmosphere. What more is there to say? I've been there many times, and everything was terrific. I had eaten there many times and loved it. Then Gordon Ramsay came and talked them into changing their menu and that was disappointing. Now, they have gone back to "sensible" delicious items, and I'd recommend them any time you're int Milford. The people are super nice and the drinks are also very good.

1  Thank bcandctrips12